Portfolio/Multi-Topic Suggestions which could possibly balance the game

PotatoBlaster

Plantera
Note the use of 'could' and 'possibly'. I have no promises whatsoever that these would be balanced, or would balance the four major classes, at least in my eyes.
Additional note; every idea here is an original thought from me. On the off-chance that something here is coincidentally extremely similar--similar enough to be called one and the same--then please mention it in the comments and I'd deal with it as soon as possible.

Sprites will possibly be worked on in the near future, if nobody would help me with them. :p

I'll have a suggestion right here, right now, because why not?

Particle effects of accessories and armors are changed by dye. (Only affects armors if all pieces are of the same dye.) Just something I want in the game.

Here, I'd list down my suggestions of things I'd like to see in the game. On the (extreme) off chance that the developers incorporate this into Terraria, there's no need to copy the following suggestions word by word and stat by stat, as these are only what I personally think.

Slime Staff
-exact stats from the game-
Crafted from: 25 Wood, 30 Gel | Workbench
(Because grinding for Slime Staff is not something I condone, Summoners would have no chance against Queen Bee [or any enemy, for that matter] without a reliable weapon.)

Watcher Staff
Damage: 9
Knockback: 2
Use Time: 20
Velocity: 10
Mana Cost: 10
Tooltip: Summons an eye to fight for you.
Crafted from: 10 Crimtane/Demonite Bars, 9 Iron/Lead Bars | Anvil
(Meant to be a bridge between Eye of Cthulu and Queen Bee. Attacks by a forward charge, like a weaker Spazmatism from the Optic Staff.)

(Quite fine with Slime Staff -> Watcher Staff -> Hornet Staff -> Imp Staff, except it's missing something.)

Staff of the Cursed
Damage: 8
Knockback: 4
Usetime: 32
Velocity: 12
Mana Cost: 10
Tooltip: N/A
Crafted from: 40 Bones, Bone Wand | Anvil
(Gives the Summoner a reason to enter the Dungeon, and for an actual stationary minion pre-hardmode.)
~~To avoid massive grinding, Bone Wand drop rate should be increased to 1% or higher~~

(I really want a second pre-hardmode Summoner armor, but to be completely honest, Bee is enough as is even versus Wall of Flesh.)

-/Hardmode/-

(Really don't like the whole 'Spider Armor' concept. Well, I like it, but the more I think about it, the more I want to balance everything. Spider Armor is pretty much easy-to-get Mythril/Orichalcum, or around that tier, as it's in the level of surviving Hardmode but not in the level of defeating Mechanical Bosses with ease. The only way I'd get the concept to be balanced to the other classes is to make a Spider Armor counterpart, but then that'd be such a hassle. So, I'd just leave Spider Armor as is. I'm still doing something, though.)

(Now, it seems hard for me to think. A Wall of Flesh summoning item would be outright useless when you get your entire Summoner kit from a Spider's nest anyways. Soooooo... just look below.)

Cobalt Goggles
Increases Minion capacity by 3, if wearing full Cobalt
6% Increased Summoner damage
2 Defense
Same recipe as all helmets
Set Bonus: +2% Increased Summoner damage

Palladium Eyeshade
Increases Minion capacity by 2, if wearing full Palladium
7% increased Summoner damage
3 Defense

Mythril Lens
Increases Minion capacity by 3, if wearing full Mythril
8% Increased Summoner damage
3 Defense
Set Bonus: 2% Increased Summoner damage

Orichalcum Guise
Increases Minion Capacity by 3, if wearing full Orichalcum
9% increased Summoner Damage
4 Defense

Adamantite Visor
Increases Minion capacity by 3, if wearing full Adamantite
9% Increased Summoner damage
4 Defense
Set Bonus: 4% Increased Summoner damage

Titanium Spectacles
Increases Minion Capacity by 3, if wearing full Titanium
11% increased Summoner Damage
4 Defense

(Palladium, Orichalcum and Titanium all carry the set bonus of their regular armor. The increased minion capacity for wearing full sets stops people from wearing these along with other Summoners for mass Summoning. On a side note, I didn't have the tabs of all six helmets for every class in order for comparison, so these might seem inconsistent. Same goes below.)

Hallowed Visor
Increases Minion capacity by 4, if wearing full Hallowed
12% Increased Summoner damage
5 Defense
Set Bonus: 5% Increased Summoner Damage

(Continuing off the inconsistency here, the only basis I had for this armor's stats were Tiki armor stats, as I wanted it slightly weaker.)

~~Red Devils now drop (100%) Inferno Star~~

(Same recipe as Frost Armor, Inferno Star over Frost Core)

Inferno Headgear
Increases Minion capacity by 1
Increases Maximum mana by 70
Increases Summoner damage by 8%
Increases Magic damage by 10%
6 Defense

Inferno Platemail
Increases Minion capacity by 1
Increases Maximum mana by 50
Increases Summoner damage by 10%
Increases Magic damage by 12%
17 Defense

Inferno Greaves
Increases Minion Capacity by 1
Increases Summoner damage by 9%
Increases Magic damage by 11%
Decreases mana usage by 10%
9 Defense

Set Bonus: All of your magic attacks and summoned minions inflict Greek Flame debuff on enemies- lose 3 life per second (half the damage of Frostburn) but nothing (NOT EVEN DESTROYER) is immune. Lasts 3-11 seconds.

(Because it's relevant, the next two items aren't part of Summoning, but I thought it'd be best next to Inferno armor.)

Incendiary Bullets: 13 Damage. Inflicts Greek Flame debuff on enemies. 333 Musket Balls + Inferno Core | HM Anvil
Seaflame Blade: 50 Damage, 4 Knockback, 5 Mana, 14 Velocity, 7 Use Time, Autoswing (for magic). Inflicts Greek Flame debuff on enemies. Magic Dagger + Inferno Core | HM Anvil.
(May or may not be rendered obsolete after what seems to be a bouncing magic dagger spoiled for 1.3.)

(So...
Pre-HM Armor: Check
HM Ore Armor: Check
Alternative to Frost: Check
Clear Tier Path (Slime -> Watcher -> Hornet -> Imp -> Spider -> (Optional: Pirate) -> Optic -> Pygmy -> Raven/Sharknado): Check
Pre-HM Stationary: Check
Wall of Flesh drop: Er...
Something for Summoners to do other than dodging and spam-spawning Stationary minion: Er...)

-~-~Summoner Mechanics -- Summoner Items~-~-

Guardian Summons!
For now, this is a concept, as I don't have the stats right now.
Ideally, I'd have a formula(e) for calculating boosts.

Increased damage in percentage/2 = Increased health in percentage (example: 30% damage results in 15% extra health)
2(Maximum minion capacity) = Increased length in blocks

Back to the concept, these Summons would cost mana to summon a temporary shield facing outwards depending on where you clicked, blocking projectiles (every laser/projectile/explosive [including Prime's] in the game, will not block other players unless PvP for both the Summoner and the other player are enabled.) and destroying Boss minions (Queen Bee's bees, EoC's servants, all of Plantera's non-melee attacks) while blocking some without destroying them (BoC's Creepers, WoF's Leeches [not The Hungry], Golem's Fists, Destroyer's Probes) until they run out of HP, in which case they will be destroyed. They cost a large amount of mana (I'm personally thinking 100), are only affected by half of your mana reduction (Using full Inferno w/o Accessories will make the 100 95), cannot be less than 80 due to mana reduction, and face the direction outwards of your player. (If you click left of yourself, the wall would be a line [or a curve, still deciding] facing left. Diagonally, it'd face diagonally. etc. etc.) Only 1 Summon can be out at once.

I'll place some placeholders (not intended) here for now.

Staff of the Living Glass
30 Glass, 10 Iron Bars | Glass Kiln
Tooltip: Summons a Glass Wall to protect you.
Probably enough to destroy two of the Queen Bee/EoC minions before being destroyed. Cannot defend versus Plantera. Enemies that come in contact with this when destroyed takes 15 damage.

Staff of the Jungle Spirit
5 Vines, 14 Gold Bars | Anvil
Tooltip: Summons a Weft of Ivy to protect you.
Probably enough to destroy five of the Queen Bee/EoC minions before being destroyed, and two of Plantera's attacks. Enemies that come in contact with this takes 20 damage.

Staff of Hades
1 Inferno Core, 3 Hallowed Bars | HM Anvil
Tooltip: Summons a Portal to protect you.
Probably enough to destroy ten of the Queen Bee/EoC minions before being destroyed, and four of Plantera's attacks. Projectiles within a four block tile range are automatically dragged into the Portal, acting as if it hit the portal.

Staff of the Skeletal King
10 Ectoplasm, 60 Bones | HM Anvil
Tooltip: Summons a Magical Shield to protect you.
Probably enough to destroy fifteen of the Queen Bee/EoC minions before being destroyed, and six of Plantera's attacks. The Magical Shield automatically seeks out and blocks projectiles, prioritizing high-damage projectiles.

A couple extra items before I leave.

Minion Snacks
Consumable (throw it, similar to a snowball in velocity)
3 Rotten Chunks/Vertebrae, 2 Mushrooms | Cooking Pot
Minions follow the snack.
(Pre-Hardmode replacement for the item below)

Guiding Soul Rod
No mana
Wall of Flesh Summoner drop (Get the pun? Guide? Soul? Wall of Flesh?)
Summons a small wisp (controllable, similar to Magic Missile and its family)
Minions aim their autoattacks at the wisp (if ranged)
Minions charge at/use their melee attack on the wisp (if melee)

Advanced Workshop: Tinkerer's Workshop + 3 Ectoplasm @ HM Anvil
Allows advanced tinkers.
(Tinkers marked with an asterisk (*) use the regular Tinkerer's Workshop. Tinkers marked with a ~ use a hardmode anvil. Everything else uses the Advanced Workshop)

Star Veil + Sweetheart Necklace:

Cosmic Pendant: Offers the bonuses of Panic Necklace, Honeycomb, Star Cloak and Cross Necklace.

Brick Layer + Portable Cement Mixer + Toolbelt + Extendo Grip:

*Construction Kit: Offers the bonuses of all four items.

Paint Sprayer + Clentaminator:

~Paint Blaster: Acts as a Clentaminator for painting. Can still use solutions for ammo, though, depending on your inventory loadout.

Celestial Emblem + Magic Cuffs:

*Celestial Cuffs: Same as the current Celestial Cuffs, with an additional +15% Magic Damage. (Replaces current Celestial Cuffs)

Pygmy Necklace + Avenger Emblem:

*Wilderness Locket: +1 maximum minions, 15% Summoner Damage

Wilderness Locket + Hercules Beetle:

*King's Medallion: +1 maximum minions, 20% Summoner Damage, Increased Minion Knockback.

(Miscellaneous)

Summoner Emblem: Seriously, this was suggested enough times. I'm even surprised it's not in the game yet. (Maybe 1.3?)

Avenger Emblem: Now uses Summoner Emblem in its recipe.

Wall of Flesh now drops all four Emblems in unison, the first time you kill it, and whenever you kill it without any emblem equipped (bar Avenger and its tinkers). (Screw RNG. Screw it to death.)

If exactly one emblem is equipped, Wall of Flesh will drop a weapon corresponding to that emblem. If two, 50% chance for either. Etc. etc. For Multiplayer, it would be treated as all emblems equipped by all players that dealt at least 1 damage to Wall o-- Even better, that has the debuff of fighting Wall of Flesh. (Just thought of this now. [because RNG hates me] Oh, see above for WoF Summoner drop)

(No longer miscellaneous)

Lava Waders + Hoverboard:

Hoverwaders: Lava Waders effect, Hoverboard effect, plus the additional effect of indefinitely being able to float three blocks above ground. Basically, imagine the three blocks directly above land is water, and you have Water Walking. (Because Hoverboots are taken. Cannot be used with Wings.)

~Frostspark Boots + 20 Souls of Flight + 15 Feathers

Pegashoes: Acts as Frostspark Boots. Negates fall damage. Pegashoes' Rocket Boots effect lasts as long as Angel/Demon Wings' flight (without the extra boost of Frostspark), but it lacks the gliding effect. (Cannot be used with Wings.)

Jetpack + Master Ninja Gear:

Space Ninja Gear: Acts as Master Ninja Gear and Jetpack combined. When using the Tiger Climbing Claws aspect of Master Ninja Gear, instead of clinging to a wall, you slowly go upwards. (A reverse Shoe Spikes without Climbing Claws/vice versa.) When using the Tabi aspect of Master Ninja Gear, you go diagonally right/left instead of straight right/left. (Cannot be used with Wings.)

(No, you can't use Pegashoes, Space Ninja Gear or Hoverwaders with each other. They're treated as wings. Also, they don't stack with their components.)

Frostspark Boots + Lava Waders + Jellyfish Diving Gear + Frog Leg OR Lightning Boots + Lava Waders + Arctic Diving Gear + Frog Leg:

High-Caliber Boots: Combines the effects of all four; pretty much a holy grail of non-wing movement. An alternative to Space Ninja Gear/Hoverwaders/Pegashoes if you really want to use the Fishron Wings, or the item below. Two ways to create lets you make it with only one Ice Skates. :) )

Panic Necklace + 3 Fallen Stars (Anvil)

*Band of Starpower: To use with your extra Bands of Regeneration. Crimson players can get Celestial Cuffs :D (Still no Vilethorn, though, or Crimson Rod for Corruption. Ya' gotta wait for Hardmode for them. [Nettle Burst and Nimbus Rod])

Band of Starpower + 1 Life Crystal (Anvil)

*Panic Necklace: So corruption worlds will be able to use Sweetheart Necklaces with their Charm of Myths and Star Veils.

Umbrella + Flying Carpet:

*Parasol & Blanket: Combines both effects. How? When the Flying Carpet is activated, even after it disappears, your character will have the effect of holding an Umbrella until you reset your jumps. (Pretty nifty, since Umbrellas can make you use your Flying Carpet longer.)

Paladin's Shield + Frozen Turtle Shell + Ankh Shield:

Sentinel: Combines all effects.

(Miscellaneous)

Shiny Red Balloons now stack in your inventory.

Honey Balloon now leaves behind five bees on your first jump.

Sniper Scope now uses Avenger Emblem in its recipe, not Destroyer Emblem. Destroyer Emblem is no longer a material.

(No longer miscellaneous)

Bundle of Balloons + Honey Balloon + Fart in a Balloon:

Barrage Balloon: One cloud jump, one sandstorm jump, one blizzard jump, one fart jump, and your first jump leaving behind five bees. Plus, greatly increased jump height.

Sniper Scope + Magic Quiver:

*Tactical Armory: 10% Increased Ranged damage, critical strike, and ammunition speed. (Applies to all Ranged weapons including Consumables [and Sandgun :L], but excluding Piranha Gun, Flamethrower and Elf Melter.) 15% chance to not consume ammunition.

Cosmic Pendant + Charm of Myths:

Divine Oracle: Gives the effect of every material of the above two items.

('kay, so, with these new [overpowered to an extent] tinkers, I--er... all Terrarians--will no longer have to struggle with keeping their accessories on. C'mon, don't lie to me. Don't you want to have Charm of Myths and Star Veil on one accessory slot? Now you can, with an added perk of Sweetheart Necklace. Well, at least you can get the biome-specific accessories (Panic Necklace/Band of Starpower) in all worlds!)

(Though I do acknowledge some of these are OP. [Divine Oracle, High-Caliber Boots, Sentinel, just to name a few. :p)

(Oh, one last change I want to make!)

Fire Gauntlet now gives 12% boosts like Mechanical Gauntlet. :)

([strike]I[/strike] You can finally use it over Mechanical Gauntlet now! Kinda redundant, though. If I were Melee, I'd run both.)

That's it for now, sorry for it being kinda short. Though I doubt anyone is even reading this... jk

Last edited:
The whole hardmode goggles for summoners. The stat should be changed from 1 extra minion to 3 extra as that's why people where summoner armour I could just equip an accessory with +1 minion. If you look at spider armour wearing a full set give you +3 extra minions

Those would be great for me. (I'm always struggling to keep enough inventory space while keeping my best accessories on me.):happy:
[DOUBLEPOST=1419905651][/DOUBLEPOST]Really like those summoner weapons too!

The whole hardmode goggles for summoners. The stat should be changed from 1 extra minion to 3 extra as that's why people where summoner armour I could just equip an accessory with +1 minion. If you look at spider armour wearing a full set give you +3 extra minions

I believe the Summoner armors should have greater bonuses than Spider, but lesser bonuses than Tiki. The problem? Tiki has +4 minions, Spider has +3. The only armor I want at the level of Tiki's minion summoning would be Hallowed. Though, in the end, I did change them a bit.

I like it but could you separate the ideas into different spoilers?

That's actually a pretty good idea, thanks!

Those would be great for me. (I'm always struggling to keep enough inventory space while keeping my best accessories on me.):happy:
[DOUBLEPOST=1419905651][/DOUBLEPOST]Really like those summoner weapons too!

Thanks for the feedback! :D

Back
Top Bottom