Other Suggestions

AciddRainn

Terrarian
Is it possible to re add the feature to have all accessories be able to put into vanity slots. As well as an option to choose what ores you want to present in your world like picking copper, iron etc and cobalt mythril and adamantite. And to add in the Celestial axes, hammers, chainsaws. I will be sending a few links to some ideas in the terraria subreddit that I think would be nice features.
Claim Banners in Bestiary
Indicator for Complete Bestiary Enemies
Moonwalkers "Endgame Zenith Boots"
Mermaid NPC
All-Seeing Eye of Cthulhu

They probably aren't going to re-add the vanity slot feature, sorry. It was nice to have and didn't affect balance that much, but the devs are so ridiculously opposed to it that It's highly unlikely it will return. Being able to choose what ores in your world show up, however, is not a good idea. There is not a single objective reason to pick copper, iron, silver, gold, cobalt, mythril, or adamantite over their counterparts, and if the choice was added world variety would be depleted significantly for everyone who knows what they're doing. The celestial Axes and Hammers aren't in the game because the Hamaxes exist. We already have hybrid tools which fulfill the exact same purpose of both, and there also isn't even any reason to craft an axe that late into the game when hamaxes exist anyway.

I mean, the first two idea links and the last one would be absolutely wonderful to have, but the Mermaid and Moonwalkers are not really needed. The Moonwalkers would be yet another item that takes way too long to craft and doesn't even help you that much because 90% of it's effects are useless by the time you can obtain it (the celestial starboard eliminates the need for a dash entirely and also has the fastest speed in the game, beating even the Black Spot if you use the Winged Insignia with it, and the other effects are niche at best or probably shouldn't even have been their own accessories to begin with). The Mermaid NPC sounds like a good idea... but I'd much rather you just could craft the quest fish bowls by hand instead of adding another NPC for it, as we shouldn't really have to travel across the world for something so simple. We also already have 3 Ocean NPCs and adding any more would give them a happiness penalty.

They probably aren't going to re-add the vanity slot feature, sorry. It was nice to have and didn't affect balance that much, but the devs are so ridiculously opposed to it that It's highly unlikely it will return. Being able to choose what ores in your world show up, however, is not a good idea. There is not a single objective reason to pick copper, iron, silver, gold, cobalt, mythril, or adamantite over their counterparts, and if the choice was added world variety would be depleted significantly for everyone who knows what they're doing. The celestial Axes and Hammers aren't in the game because the Hamaxes exist. We already have hybrid tools which fulfill the exact same purpose of both, and there also isn't even any reason to craft an axe that late into the game when hamaxes exist anyway.

I mean, the first two idea links and the last one would be absolutely wonderful to have, but the Mermaid and Moonwalkers are not really needed. The Moonwalkers would be yet another item that takes way too long to craft and doesn't even help you that much because 90% of it's effects are useless by the time you can obtain it (the celestial starboard eliminates the need for a dash entirely and also has the fastest speed in the game, beating even the Black Spot if you use the Winged Insignia with it, and the other effects are niche at best or probably shouldn't even have been their own accessories to begin with). The Mermaid NPC sounds like a good idea... but I'd much rather you just could craft the quest fish bowls by hand instead of adding another NPC for it, as we shouldn't really have to travel across the world for something so simple. We also already have 3 Ocean NPCs and adding any more would give them a happiness penalty.
Where did they say they were ridiculously opposed to it?

and so on
Thanks, I don’t think I was going to remember where I saw that on my own.

Back
Top Bottom