NPCs & Enemies Summon alternate evil's biome mimic in echo mist

lepus212123

Terrarian
1.4 has made getting all items from a single world much easier with the dryad selling the alternate evil's seeds in echo mist, letting you farm for ichor in corrupt worlds or get the worm scarf in crimson worlds. But there are still a few items locked to each world, which are the biome mimic drops. The only way to get, for example, both the putrid scent and the flesh knuckles in the same world are to either use the drunk worldgen seed, or use a temporary secondary world just for the biome mimics and bring the items back. It would make things much easier if you could summon the alternate evil mimic by placing the Key Of Night in a chest that's within echo mist.

Another way to get the Putrid Scent and Flesh Knuckles, and to spawn the Corrupt and Crimson Mimics, is to create an artificial underground crimson or corruption biome in your world.

That said, I like your idea. These mimics are meant to be somewhat farmable, as proven by the very existence of the Key of Night as an item. Your idea makes it more reliable to farm them, as opposed to hunting for them in an artificial biome.

Alternatively the Key of Night could be turned into two items: Purple Key of Night and Red Key of Night. You can craft the one that matches your world, and in a graveyard you can craft the alternate version.

Your idea is simpler and adds more excitement to graveyards. A crafting alternative merely matches the current 'secret/dark crafting' nature of graveyards.

Definitely a worthwhile addition. I'm assuming the mimic stays spawned and doesn't disappear if you leave the graveyard, because that would be a pain.

Another way to get the Putrid Scent and Flesh Knuckles, and to spawn the Corrupt and Crimson Mimics, is to create an artificial underground crimson or corruption biome in your world.

That said, I like your idea. These mimics are meant to be somewhat farmable, as proven by the very existence of the Key of Night as an item. Your idea makes it more reliable to farm them, as opposed to hunting for them in an artificial biome.

Alternatively the Key of Night could be turned into two items: Purple Key of Night and Red Key of Night. You can craft the one that matches your world, and in a graveyard you can craft the alternate version.

Your idea is simpler and adds more excitement to graveyards. A crafting alternative merely matches the current 'secret/dark crafting' nature of graveyards.
I agree with this idea of a "Purple and Red key " OR EVEN take the idea further. In an alternate seed world. If the world is native seed world's evil is example corruption, the souls that a dropped will be blight for the alternative evil. To make the keys depending on what world type.

Graveyard is so underused. It could have been the "every missing item" crafting area, from Dungeon Bricks, thru other evil Clentaminator Solution, other evil Mimic, and whatnot...

Even with Graveyard and seed "Drunk world" which has both evils, you still can't get every item in one world.

Back
Top Bottom