tModLoader Summon Swords

Skeletron
Mod has been discontinued.

Hey, I'm Five, not referring to my age :p and I'm new to the forums. Here I'd like to post my mod; The Summon Swords Mod

.tmod and technical name are dirtdagger, you may consider that a peculiar name, but it's a just a placeholder and the name of the first item.

The purpose of this small mod is to add an interactive experience to the summoner class by adding 'Summon Swords', blades with autoswing, very low knockback and damage (for their tier). They deal summon damage and I intend to add them to many tiers. I'm aware other mods add blades for classes other than melee, but my mod will focus purely around these, balancing them and adding them for most tiers.
Currently only adds basic swords, they will soon have abilities (Check Planned Content)

Pre Hardmode:
UNZ5c-GuAh3PYlyHtg13GLRhGAzU5AsHGUVP5O3ehxf5rFyeUI3P-7bxJLsXNEzZ1TG77xhdrJ9Q3oaXivyo2SKwofaQh2hJCH820LHPXrEPwA2YrhPVECPmnfIaM50D7EaPLxtD3P8JOhfSeM-O8g0gh4m192ISCRwY3-QhayAeNGDaESgVzGkF7KsQZxZ9-EUxYJHPZHh1L14Ov4gQIkBAuCMXn2Dd0WFhXjwr7cFNyi79Bgn3o43_ykYlZJ6YzH8K-VOidXfQzmAL5R1eFCTDmGnl0fgEWqw2FDLgvOnRRLjSATgCbqp3Noe7sXoQ15KbtMBHyGC2NgmC7CfZg0XRnOzwEOIh_77fCB_vtAzdCy1Yu9MIfD0TX72jcidwy0UX8nCHZ_JZbRbmBp_FSu9ZSNetdKdlyWXEcp4Jpb4FO-I31Wi4YFx4c3fVCt3OJuNfl5SiaidoV5VEcRif5Wm4Jkf8n50invZonc-aQSvG17wietI_UDRshOrK2i06suFtMhhmJQytwZETMvZPk0JAEyydy5p08_fW_hTM6Za_qaNXlGAKPdfPLn5aQbw2Jl6le-RD4UvMBbk4Al1seEaXtL4iJgS4K47T9VkcIp9bNC2c0u8q9bzaYlxKVTR7DkHK6ti9dMgrQy8gOY4jrY1mfOJNiZdLLRuXJ85uYWjX=w373-h369-no

Dirt Dagger- Dirt, Stone, An Acorn and A Daybloom @ Workbench
Retinal Rapier- Bought from the merchant post EoC
Vandal's Stab- Drops from Goblins Thieves rarely
Sandy Scimitar- Sturdy Fossils, Obsidian and Amber @ Anvil
Leaf Cutter- Drops from Hornets rarely
Molten Saber- Drops from Fire Imps rarely

Hardmode:
yXY_19g_Adluv2WCoNP7wz_TQu-tVCG_dcT4KXCEjF8y0-FU141bS-QzFuFkl2riyDXhnzweejy-FgQp51C6qpnIXNcZmUYNrsFAQ6uIAyYo2JpjOmjANn1r4rbKowJNkMWPeUUFLigRZ-gZS8lRAWtUWNlFoQfWDzL0kyCgFxPxhVUW9kDrRYVfn6EtWCLfMRflUtDCC0rd_3iGt1vi9TI2DRfkf38yyv7D7oolnzGzOHDnOzfSIe55PZh9vE65QAVgveLGAu6HW0syy2vE4_t6oqJKew4V8dpgIqsCc8-a6DbQBZZT59oZZT96A6uT_xjwRP93Xo8eoGe9I_tkt-IBVKBSYcy6t_LMdQA0tCtYyK-lqCWxBsFJL-k9ujllFduiYADN_YNAyR-hcwb_p-RR1NDbR7fWXYfHMeISTVVTNr2SY9I3xMjMOufyTFhHL-c_o97bdDIveSQLCZ9yZBdeO_rVaJmPF-b5XbCcIZux5u0Uu4ctCnKZkFj8VP81-O-hT2pHCkpz9DINi0Jzjqj5kkw9BUuUEOAY-c2p37KdbXBJc5O0ms6lr_ApNeugN63ok1x8R92MUjAr20eJr2k3E9g-UraihUwJFnGduV5SHyIQNCQcQ7dvJphWcZrB4idQfIb9O-1YLRcmbPkBGR0Xv2UM47rU2UBWmBvMXG7l=w373-h369-no

Crusader's Lance- Drops from Unicorns rarely
Cryo Cutlass- Crystals and a Frost Core @ HM Anvil
Cracker Jacker- Drops from Parrots rarely
Heartache- Drops from Fritzes rarely
Incarnate- Drops from Dungeon Spirits rarely
Hilted Red Rock- Drops from Martian Officers rarely
Mecha Mauler- Hallowed Bars and Wires @ HM Anvil
Solstice Sword- Sold by Witch Doctor post Golem
Mooning Star- Stardust Fragments and Luminite Bars @ Ancient Manipulator
If you have suggestions or spot something broken/dislikable, go ahead and ask, but please take note I'm new to coding and the spriting styles used for Terraria, I cannot guarantee satisfaction.

Thanks for reading.

Thanks to:
@East for huge help with code and even rewriting some of my mistakes

Download:
Mod browser :p

Discord Server:
https://discord.gg/QcCxUsW

Planned Content:

Swords summon weak, limited lifetime minions on swing to compensate for mana cost.

Perhaps a variant of summon-affecting mana sickness.

Blood Moon, Rain and Sandstorm themed swords.

Upload to tml mod browser.

This is pretty much just a meme, bound for failure.

Last edited:
I can see that your mod has the potential of being the next ruler of the world.Keep up !

-Fixed typo on Solstice Sword
-Resprited Cryo-Cutlass
-Code is now cleaner, thanks again to East (check out his mod, too)

(Hopefully) coming soon:
Weak, limited life summons on swing from blades
Plantera, Martian Madness and King Slime tier swords

Updated mod again:
-Balanced Content
-Fixed item rarities
-Added new swords for events and stuff (updating post now)

I'd appreciate some replies or feedback (if anyone actually uses this) here or on the discord server

This doesn't make sense really. Summoner isn't melee. Its summoner.
I'm going to make them summon short lifetimed minions in the next update, which will give them a use and make a bit more sense, otherwise I agree.

Got a concept you could possible add to this:

Summoner Bows: Bows that do not consume ammo, but instead fire magic arrows at the cost of MP, dealing summon damage. Arrow type depends on bow

Summoner Tomes: Special tomes that cast weak magic attacks themed around minions (For instance, maybe one will summon an eyeball that shoots 3 lasers at the cursor and then disappears. Something like that). Ofc, dealing summon damage

Back
Top Bottom