PC Summoner 1.4.1: a guide to success

For the plantera fight you can actually get more dps if you swap out 3 sanguine bats for 3 spiders (no more than 3 because iFrames), although thier base damage is lower they attack over twice as fast.

Pygmy staff probably isn't worth farming for, just stick with sanguine for your first pumpkin moon then use raven staff.

The Pygmy Staff is useful in events, or specifically enemies that are bound to the ground. Other than that, they’ll be swapped out pretty quickly after certain events

Farm The Empress at night until you get the Kaleidoscope. Then, you do it during the day. For this, use Hallowed Armor, the Sanguine Staff, your new Kaleidoscope, a Brain of Confusion, and a Black Belt. Good luck. Upon defeat, you get the Terraprisma, the last summon upgrade you’ll need.

I really don’t recommend killing Empress immediately after Plantera, especially during the day. A lot of unneccesary effort when Summoner already has enough to prosper during post-Plantera, and you really shouldn’t need the equivalent of a Moon Lord drop to powerforce the part of the game Summoner does the best at anyway.

If you do, however, I strongly recommend Desert Tiger over Sanguine. 1.4.1.2 gave it a buff that basically makes it act like Flinx, allowing it to actually keep up with and has incredible for single target DPS (although somewhat lacking in crowds). Note that it’s bugged if you stop time.

I’d honestly write the guide assuming the player is more casual and isn’t gonna try to rush Empress instantly. In which case, progression after Plantera would be
-Tiki or Hallowed Armor, Desert Tiger and Morningstar
-Pumpkin Moon for ravens and dark harvest andvarious upgrades, then ravens and dark for martians. Usually desert tiger synergizes better with firecracker, but use it alongside morningstar for the first few waves.
-Ravens and dark harvest for martians, to get xeno
-Xeno and morningstar to get kaleidoscope
-Xeno and kaleidoscope into pillars
-Dragon and kaleidoscope (firecracker’s range becomes lacking)

I really don’t recommend killing Empress immediately after Plantera, especially during the day. A lot of unneccesary effort when Summoner already has enough to prosper during post-Plantera, and you really shouldn’t need the equivalent of a Moon Lord drop to powerforce the part of the game Summoner does the best at anyway.

If you do, however, I strongly recommend Desert Tiger over Sanguine. 1.4.1.2 gave it a buff that basically makes it act like Flinx, allowing it to actually keep up with and has incredible for single target DPS (although somewhat lacking in crowds). Note that it’s bugged if you stop time.

I’d honestly write the guide assuming the player is more casual and isn’t gonna try to rush Empress instantly. In which case, progression after Plantera would be
-Tiki or Hallowed Armor, Desert Tiger and Morningstar
-Pumpkin Moon for ravens and dark harvest andvarious upgrades, then ravens and dark for martians. Usually desert tiger synergizes better with firecracker, but use it alongside morningstar for the first few waves.
-Ravens and dark harvest for martians, to get xeno
-Xeno and morningstar to get kaleidoscope
-Xeno and kaleidoscope into pillars
-Dragon and kaleidoscope (firecracker’s range becomes lacking)
hey Waluigi, this guy disagrees with you
But wouldn't tempest staff have at least some use if you get it pre-plantera? Like, some people like fighting duke pre-mechs or alongside mechs for his wings (or the mount if you're in expert), so if you get the tempest staff at that point, why not use it?

hey Waluigi, this guy disagrees with you

Bald of you to assume I disagree with him. First of all, empress herself is arguably a lot harder than duke - with fishron, more than half of the fight is just dodging his dashes - learn how to do so, and you're pretty much good to go, whilst empress can overwhelm you with attacks no matter how well you know her pattern. Second of all, I said that it can be done pre-mechs, not that it must be done. You, on the other hand, not only suggest people to fight empress right after plantera, but also fight her durning the daytime, where she arguably becomes the hardest boss in the game, no less.

Bald of you to assume I disagree with him. First of all, empress herself is arguably a lot harder than duke - with fishron, more than half of the fight is just dodging his dashes - learn how to do so, and you're pretty much good to go, whilst empress can overwhelm you with attacks no matter how well you know her pattern.
Empress of light isn't that much harder than duke, she's just new so most player's haven't learned her attacks yet.

Back
Top Bottom