Summoner 1.4.1 Playthrough

Pigman Δ

Retinazer
As you all know, 1.4.1 added new Summoner gear for earlygame and buffed most of the old stuff. I haven't tried Summoner at all yet, so I was going to start one anyway, but I thought I would share it here for anyone curious.
I am technically doing all classes (like I always do), but focusing on Mage and Summoner as those are the classes I have done the least of.
This will also include a study of every summon weapon (that I can get my hands on so Pirate Staff is a no-no lol), accessory and armour and how viable it is.
(Gamemode is Journey Expert and I am using Calameme Texture Pack, in a Drunk World)

This:
Capture 2020-10-15 12_28_18.png

is Jiru. Jiru has perfected the magical arts, but after being wrongly accused of treason, most of his power has been stripped and he has been launched into a pseudo-imaginary world created by an archmage.
PART 1
Early Pre-Hardmode: Finches and Flinxes
This is the part of the game that was most changed for the Summoner.
Going to start this at the point I grinded for Flinx gear.
I used the spawn and difficulty sliders to grind the Flinxes (Difficulty: Journey, Spawn Rate: x10).
But before I move onto Flinxes, time for this:

FINCH STAFF
Minion
Stats
DAMAGE: 7
KNOCKBACK: 4
VELOCITY: 10
This is an all-around decent minion after 1.4.1 increased their accuracy. (by the way for anyone confused I have a bewitching table to increase minions: i found a living tree that went down inter the dungeon, and there was a bewitching table and the DG didn't spawn for whatever reason so i thought why not)
Damage is respectable and it is quite fast and returns to you after attacking.
Okay... Finches are better at crowd control than I thought...
The only issue is that they are a bit rare, but that's not a problem in Journey as you spawn with one.

AI: OOOO
SINGLE-TARGET: OO
CROWD CONTROL: OOOO
ATTAINABILITY: OO
TOTAL: OOOC

That's a pretty nice minion all right.

Back to Flinx grinding; got the 25 flinx fur required for duplication and put it in the chomper. I love that thing's animation.
Obtained the Staff, and already I can see why people are praising it so much. They annihilated an Expert Antlion within seconds.
Unfortunately I do not have the silk required for the armour. Stupid me.

Going to have to search for cobwebs, so it's back in the snow cave for Jiru.
Whoa.
Didn't take long to get 50 webs, it's in the chomper for you lot.
Got the fur coat! I can now have 3 of those powerful flinxes.
Capture 2020-10-15 13_36_14.png

Built a nice mahogany house for the Merchant and Guide :D :merchantgrin:
Cheated in some things for vanity (the Loki's Wings are in the vanity slot don't worry) including a piece of the new Plague Doctor set:
Capture 2020-10-15 18_16_12.png

I think it looks pretty nice.

I think I've played around with the Flinx items long enough to say what I think of them:

FLINX STAFF
Minion
Stats
DAMAGE: 8
KNOCKBACK: 2
VELOCITY: 10
The only minion that was introduced in 1.4.1, the Flinx gives a huge amount of offense and has great AI.
This minion is a thing of beauty and will serve you well until you get Vampire Frog.
The DPS is actually crazy for a summon weapon this early.. oh i died XD

AI: OOOOO
SINGLE-TARGET: OOOOO
CROWD CONTROL: OOO
ATTAINABILITY: OOOO
TOTAL: OOOOC

This minion is one of my favorite parts of 1.4.1.

FLINX FUR COAT
Armour
Stats
DEFENSE: 1
MINION SLOTS: 1
MINION DAMAGE: 5%
When I clicked on the link to the 1.4.1 announcement thread, I certainly wasn't expecting THIS! Although it's only one piece of armour, it functions very well and would be useful for other classes too!

OFFENSE:
OOOO
DEFENSE: OO
ATTAINABILITY: OOOO
TOTAL: OOOOC

Does its job amazingly well, would use again even when not maining Summoner.

This concludes the first part, Early Pre-Hardmode: Finches and Flinxes. :D
In the next part, I think I'll try to do a blood moon for Vampire Frog. I hope it'll be more interesting than the boring story I have right now.

Attachments

• Capture 2020-10-15 18_16_12.png
    Capture 2020-10-15 18_16_12.png
    22.2 KB · Views: 84
Back
Top Bottom