Weapons & Equip Summoner Accessory Ideas

This is a small chunk of a massive list of ideas I had for the Summoner class (gear, mechanics, etc.) that I started around the time that 1.4 originally released. I realize that with the release of 1.4.1 it's highly unlikely that we'll see any of this added to the game, but I felt like sharing this anyway just so it would quit itching at the back of my mind. This particular chunk is a list of accessories that I thought would spice up Summoner gameplay in a way other than just more damage and/or more summon slots.

Stinkbug – gives Summoners an option to decrease enemy aggro in multiplayer (especially since they have the lowest armor of all classes)
  • Crafting:
    • Hercules Beetle
    • Putrid Scent
  • Effects:
    • +15% summon damage
    • +2 minion/sentry knockback
    • Enemies are less likely to target you
Wrangler's Glove – gives Summoners a unique branch of glove progression
  • Crafting:
    • Power Glove
    • Rope Coil
  • Effects:
    • Whip autoswing
    • +12% whip speed
    • +100% whip knockback
    • +50% whip range
Rider's Spurs – gives Summoners unique boosts on mounts
  • Sold by Zoologist after 30% Bestiary completion (same point as horse saddles)
  • Effects:
    • Increases horizontal/vertical speed and jump power of all mounts by 20%
    • Increases mount acceleration by 50%
    • Enables double-tap dash to full speed on all mounts
    • Effects DO NOT stack with or between tinkers
Rawhide's Duds – the penultimate Summoner accessory
  • Crafting:
    • Wrangler's Glove
    • Rider's Spurs
  • Combined effects of ingredients
Tracker's Trappings – the ultimate Summoner accessory
  • Crafting:
    • Stinkbug
    • Rawhide's Duds
Giant's Heart – designed to increase effectiveness against single targets as well as mitigate i-frame issues
  • Crafting:
    • (1) Crystal Heart
    • (2) Frost Core
    • (2) Forbidden Fragment
  • Effects:
    • All minions use 2 slots instead of 1
    • All minions deal double damage and knockback
    • Minion sprites are 25% wider and taller
    • Does not affect sentries or minions that "stack" (Desert Tiger, Stardust Dragon)

I like these ideas, but honestly, Summoner has too many accessories (3 of which give a whopping +15% damage increase and are stackable).

Nevertheless, I like how you included this clause for the Wrangler's Glove:
Effects DO NOT stack with or between tinkers
It'd be a balancing disaster if you added all these accessories that provided +15% damage and they were all stackable.

On the topic of Summoner accessories, it'd be cool if the DD2 accessories could be synthesized to create 1 ultimate sentry accessory.

These are all great ideas!

do you have an idea for an item for Increaseing aggro?
I figured the Berserker's Glove filled that role sufficiently, as it also helps with whips and adds some armor

I like these ideas, but honestly, Summoner has too many accessories (3 of which give a whopping +15% damage increase and are stackable).
That's basically why I posted these ideas. I wanted something other than just mOaR DaMaGe or MoAr sLoTs. I could totally go without the Tracker's Trappings.

On the topic of Summoner accessories, it'd be cool if the DD2 accessories could be synthesized to create 1 ultimate sentry accessory.
Heck, I'd love to see an alternative Stardust Armor set that gave +1 sentry per piece plus a set bonus of +1 sentry, which while also wearing a DD2 accessory would allow 6 total sentries.

Stinkbug – gives Summoners an option to decrease enemy aggro in multiplayer (especially since they have the lowest armor of all classes)
  • Crafting:
    • Hercules Beetle
    • Putrid Scent
  • Effects:
    • +15% summon damage
    • +2 minion/sentry knockback
    • Enemies are less likely to target you

It would be interesting if this also inherited Putrid Scent's 5% damage increase, making 20% damage total. That way it will have more uses in Singleplayer.

Wrangler's Glove – gives Summoners a unique branch of glove progression
  • Crafting:
    • Power Glove
    • Rope Coil
  • Effects:
    • Whip autoswing
    • +12% whip speed
    • +100% whip knockback
    • +50% whip range

Feral Claws with Obsidian armor's range is way too overpowered. Berserker's Glove only adds 8 defense compared to this and that's already a very powerful accessory for Whips. The only way it could work is if it was just made with Titan Glove and lost Feral Claw's effects.

Rider's Spurs – gives Summoners unique boosts on mounts
  • Sold by Zoologist after 30% Bestiary completion (same point as horse saddles)
  • Effects:
    • Increases horizontal/vertical speed and jump power of all mounts by 20%
    • Increases mount acceleration by 50%
    • Enables double-tap dash to full speed on all mounts
    • Effects DO NOT stack with or between tinkers

Actually a really, really cool idea. Not sure what this has to do with Summoner besides the next tinkers, though

Rawhide's Duds – the penultimate Summoner accessory
  • Crafting:
    • Wrangler's Glove
    • Rider's Spurs
Tracker's Trappings – the ultimate Summoner accessory
  • Crafting:
    • Stinkbug
    • Rawhide's Duds

Wrangler's Glove and Rider's Spurs already do enough on their own, a combination of the two is going to be overpowered. Especially if you also throw in Stinkbug in there.

Giant's Heart – designed to increase effectiveness against single targets as well as mitigate i-frame issues
  • Crafting:
    • (1) Crystal Heart
    • (2) Frost Core
    • (2) Forbidden Fragment
  • Effects:
    • All minions use 2 slots instead of 1
    • All minions deal double damage and knockback
    • Minion sprites are 25% wider and taller
    • Does not affect sentries or minions that "stack" (Desert Tiger, Stardust Dragon)

At this point there are very few minions that really struggle with Iframes and also need a buff, this pretty much only helps Optic Staff, Deadly Sphere, and maybe one more I'm forgetting. You could just give those two localImmunity instead of making an entire new redundant item to help with their issue.

This also weakens the impact of the average Whip tags (you'd have half as many minions but the same flat damage increase) and has a most likely broken combo with the Firecracker's and its damage multiplier.

Last edited:
Actually a really, really cool idea. Not sure what this has to do with Summoner besides the next tinkers, though
Actually fun fact except for the scutlix and santank all mounts deal summon damage.

Back
Top Bottom