Items Summoner buff and tavenkeep

Craftykid

Terrarian
I feel like summoners are quite under powered due to low defence so could we get a defence buff and can you make the tavenkeep more common because I have been searching for him for days on my world and I can’t find him any tips. I play on Xbox btw

Got any actual content to suggest? Just saying "summoners need more defense" doesn't offer much. What kind of armour/accessories are you thinking of? How would one acquire them? What secondary abilities might they bestow?

Also, your complaint about the Tavernkeep is unrelated and rendered moot by this:

I play on Xbox btw

The Tavernkeep does not exist on the console version; he's exclusive to PC

Some more information about your summoner ideas would be great!

As @Goat1 has mentioned, the Tavernkeep (and the rest of the Old One's Army and other 1.3.4 content) are not yet available on console or mobile, though they will be coming in a future update.

You aren't playing summoner correctly, summoner is already ridiculously powerful in the right hands once you realize that the classes' gimmick is that you can stack damage of your own weapon on top of the damage your minions are doing... This isn't even mentioning the fact that the most broken build in the game is summoner. If anything summoner should be left alone for being the highest skill+highest reward class (In some cases it's actually lowest skill+highest reward). It straight up outclasses everything else. (using a massive stardust dragon+ phantasm decimates the moon lord...) It's also the only class that can use a Rod of Discord while attacking, though this isn't as powerful as the other point. To summarize, impure summoner is the way it's meant to be played, and Red even confirmed this.

By the way, I soloed four player expert mode moon lord potionless/nurseless with summoner and the build I used was so powerful it almost felt like cheating, so you can probably guess why I don't think it's underpowered.

Last edited:
You aren't playing summoner correctly, summoner is already ridiculously powerful in the right hands once you realize that the classes' gimmick is that you can stack damage of your own weapon on top of the damage your minions are doing... This isn't even mentioning the fact that the most broken build in the game is summoner. If anything summoner should be left alone for being the highest skill+highest reward class (In some cases it's actually lowest skill+highest reward). It straight up outclasses everything else. (using a massive stardust dragon+ phantasm decimates the moon lord...) It's also the only class that can use a Rod of Discord while attacking, though this isn't as powerful as the other point. To summarize, impure summoner is the way it's meant to be played, and Red even confirmed this.

By the way, I soloed four player expert mode moon lord potionless/nurseless with summoner and the build I used was so powerful it almost felt like cheating, so you can probably guess why I don't think it's underpowered.
Try to beat wall of flesh pre hard mode with bee armour and imp staff it is like almost impossible. Prove me wrong

Try to beat wall of flesh pre hard mode with bee armour and imp staff it is like almost impossible. Prove me wrong
Did you not read my post? The secret to summoner is that YOU ARE MEANT TO USE OTHER WEAPONS ALONGSIDE YOUR MINIONS. Redigit even said that's how he wants summoner to be played. Which means that beenades can be used alongside that, so more than possible, in fact.

Last edited:
It's really hard to buff the pure summoner playstyle without breaking Summoner mixed builds. As Omega Derpling said, you are supposed to mix Summons with your main weapons, pure summoner is a thing for masochists (And it isn't even that hard tbh, you just need more phm gear)

Back
Top Bottom