Other Summoner Class Needs (could use) An Update.

Do you agree (you probably don't lmfao)

• Yes

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

Bugsai

Terrarian
So I know that already The summoner class is supposed to get a new early game summoner weapon because the slime staff wasn't meant as part of a complete class when it was implemented, but even if that gets added you do any playthrough besides summoner and there's so many weapons, but with summoner there are only 19 (20 including the one supposedly getting added). I believe that The summoner class should get at least a few more weapons, but this is just my (very bad) opinion. If anyone has any ideas for items please write them. Some ideas I have are Ent Staff (25 wood, 15 dirt, 5 grass seeds, and 1 corrupt powder. Shoots Leaves), Ore staff (requires 5 of each bar that spawns in your world from tin/copper to gold/platinum and shoots ore), and Fallen Star Staff (5 fallen stars, 10 wood, 5 silver bars, 1 crimson seed. Has similar AI to Deadly Sphere Staff and get's stronger during night by 50% or less idk I don't develop games). Again these are just my bad opinions, I don't develop games so these may be useless, unbalanced, unnecessary, stupid and I should shut up, or all of the above. :D

What about an elemental summon? Where you could get frost elemental armor, and elemental staves? First, you would start off with the ice elementals, then the granite elemental, which would be a direct upgrade. But, I also have another idsa, how about crimson and corruption elementals?

How about a chance to craft a staff to summon a tiny eaters worms made with EoW drops and another one to summon creepers from BoC.
Now, this is a great idea, but we need to go into some details, how many creepers could you be able to spawn? My thought would be three creepers, each doing 8-10 damage each, making it the best pre Hardmode summon weapon. Now, would every boss have a summon? I believe that Skeletron also deserves a summon, like two hands that float around you and can attack enemies within a 6 block radius. And what about the mechanical bosses? If the twins get their own summon, well what about the destroyer? My idea is that it’s like the BoC staff, but a direct upgrade( and they shoot lasers that do less damage than their contact damage). And now, golem. Another idea for him would be his head, that would shoot lasers, doing 20 damage each. Now that we got all the boss summons down, what about summon armor and buffs? Would there be creeper armor, or mechanical armor, or would it be like duke fishron’s summon?

So I know that already The summoner class is supposed to get a new early game summoner weapon because the slime staff wasn't meant as part of a complete class when it was implemented, but even if that gets added you do any playthrough besides summoner and there's so many weapons, but with summoner there are only 19 (20 including the one supposedly getting added). I believe that The summoner class should get at least a few more weapons, but this is just my (very bad) opinion. If anyone has any ideas for items please write them. Some ideas I have are Ent Staff (25 wood, 15 dirt, 5 grass seeds, and 1 corrupt powder. Shoots Leaves), Ore staff (requires 5 of each bar that spawns in your world from tin/copper to gold/platinum and shoots ore), and Fallen Star Staff (5 fallen stars, 10 wood, 5 silver bars, 1 crimson seed. Has similar AI to Deadly Sphere Staff and get's stronger during night by 50% or less idk I don't develop games). Again these are just my bad opinions, I don't develop games so these may be useless, unbalanced, unnecessary, stupid and I should shut up, or all of the above. :D
If it's bad, why'd ya post it?

Summoner class could use more weapons in general, but I'm no sure about these ones. Summoner class should still be diverse with not too many summons, but each of them unique. Like the blood frog (I think thats its name if it has one, the new summon coming in 1.3.6) and the stardust dragon is unique. Also, there should not be too many summon weapons to help maintain its diversity and challenge. I like the concept of an upgrade, just no these ones. They should be harder to obtain as well, in my opinion.

Though I'm not quite sure how I feel about those particular items, I absolutely agree that the summoner class should have more weapons and items outside of its standard familiar based attacks. As of this moment, calling the summoner a "class", is a bit of an overstatement, especially considering it pretty much just piggybacks off of magic labeled gear. Three things I would really like to see at some point and time within Terraria development;

1: A helmet to go with every mainstream progressive armor (Summoner based armors for Hollow, Clorophyte, ETC).

2: A large step away from the magic class's core structure as well as high DPS compensation for the summoners stupidly low defence.

3: A long line up of unique, summoner like attack items that greatly step the boundaries of just familiar staffs and sentries.

If made properly, I could easily see the summoner class coming to be one of the most entertaining classes in terms of playability, however I feel as if a big increase in unique summoner standalone weapons are required before this could become a possibility. I'd imagine most of these weapons would be very similar to magic style items but with a bit of a summoner aspect to them. For example, imagine a weapon that summons some form of animal/creature spirit to charge forward with great knockback, or perhaps even a giant translucent claw that swipes in front of the player. Gravity balls that prevents trash enemies from moving, ropes/platforms/crafting tables that can be temporarily summoned where ever clicked, a summonable healing station that quickly regenerates life when near by, a group of light beams that shoot from the sky and cover a large area around the player, the ability to brainwash a trash enemy and have them fight for you, a weapon that shoots out WoF's digger enemies to move through the ground and fight for you. Creativity is truly the limit here, and might I add that the summonable sand tornado implemented in the newest update is a great step in the right direction.

I doubt it would be unreasonable to even convert some items really. The Bolder Staff, Nimbus Rod, Rod of Discord, and Bat Specter for example would make for some pretty rad summoner items in my opinion. This however is all theoretical, though I do have confidence that there may be A LOT of summoner class tweaks within the upcoming update since Re-Logic has stated they've dedicated 1.3.6 to filling in the gaps they missed, I greatly doubt it will be anywhere close to the scale at which we are hoping.

Edit:
What about an elemental summon? Where you could get frost elemental armor, and elemental staves? First, you would start off with the ice elementals, then the granite elemental, which would be a direct upgrade. But, I also have another idsa, how about crimson and corruption elementals?

I greatly respect this idea. I would have absolutely no problem with this being added to the game.

Though I'm not quite sure how I feel about those particular items, I absolutely agree that the summoner class should have more weapons and items outside of its standard familiar based attacks. As of this moment, calling the summoner a "class", is a bit of an overstatement, especially considering it pretty much just piggybacks off of magic labeled gear. Three things I would really like to see at some point and time within Terraria development;

1: A helmet to go with every mainstream progressive armor (Summoner based armors for Hollow, Clorophyte, ETC).

2: A large step away from the magic class's core structure as well as high DPS compensation for the summoners stupidly low defence.

3: A long line up of unique, summoner like attack items that greatly step the boundaries of just familiar staffs and sentries.

If made properly, I could easily see the summoner class coming to be one of the most entertaining classes in terms of playability, however I feel as if a big increase in unique summoner standalone weapons are required before this could become a possibility. I'd imagine most of these weapons would be very similar to magic style items but with a bit of a summoner aspect to them. For example, imagine a weapon that summons some form of animal/creature spirit to charge forward with great knockback, or perhaps even a giant translucent claw that swipes in front of the player. Gravity balls that prevents trash enemies from moving, ropes/platforms/crafting tables that can be temporarily summoned where ever clicked, a summonable healing station that quickly regenerates life when near by, a group of light beams that shoot from the sky and cover a large area around the player, the ability to brainwash a trash enemy and have them fight for you, a weapon that shoots out WoF's digger enemies to move through the ground and fight for you. Creativity is truly the limit here, and might I add that the summonable sand tornado implemented in the newest update is a great step in the right direction.

I doubt it would be unreasonable to even convert some items really. The Bolder Staff, Nimbus Rod, Rod of Discord, and Bat Specter for example would make for some pretty rad summoner items in my opinion. This however is all theoretical, though I do have confidence that there may be A LOT of summoner class tweaks within the upcoming update since Re-Logic has stated they've dedicated 1.3.6 to filling in the gaps they missed, I greatly doubt it will be anywhere close to the scale at which we are hoping.

Edit:

I greatly respect this idea. I would have absolutely no problem with this being added to the game.
I have one question (and thank you for that praise) how would you convert the boulder staff into a summon? Because I like the idea of a sentient boulder flying around ramming into enemies with the speed of sound. And also, how would you convert the rod of discord into the summoner class? Overall, I like your idea, especially for the nimbus rod.

I like your ideas, but I think the Fallen Star staff should also be craftable with a corruption seed for people in corruption worlds and vicious powder should be an option for the Ent Staff instead of just corrupt powder for people in crimson worlds.

I have one question (and thank you for that praise) how would you convert the boulder staff into a summon? Because I like the idea of a sentient boulder flying around ramming into enemies with the speed of sound. And also, how would you convert the rod of discord into the summoner class? Overall, I like your idea, especially for the nimbus rod.
I mean, the fundamental combat aspects of the bolder staff and the other mentioned items wouldn't really change, it would still work the way it does now. It wouldn't really be a "summon or sentry" opposed to a "Summoner weapon", something that hasn't really been added before. To answer your question though, I feel as if changing magic damage into summon damage and adding a cool down that lessens for each minion you have would work nicely. Step away from the mana system a little bit. I don't normally like getting too much into details with these concepts because I know there will always be that one person that disagrees with anything and everything stated final, and so I leave out small bits of information like this to add in flexibility to the concept. let others use their imagination. :)

I'm thinking of a controllable projectile (like magic missile) that follows the mouse, does no contact damage, and fires more projectiles

Back
Top Bottom