Weapons & Equip Summoner Headgear for Hardmode Ore Sets

Werewolf086

Terrarian
Hi!

So this is what I came across while trying to play through the whole game as a summoner.

After defeating the Wall of Flesh to enter hard mode, I took my newly found Pwnhammer to destroy some Demon Alters. Then I said to myself "Wait, what am I doing? I can't make summoner armor out of any of the first 6 Hardmode ores in the game."

There are roughly 5 summoner armors in the entire game. Only ONE for pre-Hardmode, and only ONE for pre-plantara hardmode. So I get the spider armor, and in order to get the next armor I have to kill plantara? ALREADY? I just defeated the Wall of Flesh!

For the main 6 (7 counting chlorophyte) hardmode ores, there is headgear for each and every class BESIDES summoner. This bugs me because summoner is actually now an official class! A summoner emblem drops from the WoF since 1.3 released, and there's even stardust armor now for summoner to unite as its own class alongside Rangers, Melee, and Mages.

Except there's no easy transition of armor for summoners. One armor set to last you the entire pre-hardmode battle. One armor set to "protect" you against all of the mechanical bosses before defeating plantara. One armor set isn't enough.

There should be summoner headgear for

-Cobalt
-Palladium
-Mythril
-Orchadium (butchered spelling)
-Adamantite
-Titanium
-Chlorophyte
-And maybe oneeeeee more little pre-hardmode armor set would be nice

:D

Thanks for reading my suggestion if you made it this far

I really hope this is considered!

The problem with this is that if you're going to be able to make armour for summoners out of cobalt and adamantite then why would you bother going for spider at all?
I'm all for more summoner armour sets, just 1 or 2 I think would work well.

I think if they made a second molten helmet which gave +1 minion and +15% minion damage along with the set bonus for having that headger being +15% minion damage for a total of 30% more minion damage that would be a good second point. The helmet would have to have a lot less defense and even though you get 1 less minion than bee armour you get better minion damage and have a very good defense stat allowing you to take more of a beating. The reason I chose molten is because most of the armours have a summon item that goes with them. The Bee armour and hornet staff are both made from the same material, the spider armour has the spider and queen spider minions made of the same material, the tiki armour requires you to have a pygmy staff, the spooky armour material is dropped by the same boss that drops the raven staff and the stardust armour has the stardust dragon, cells and guardian. I think that if there were to be another pre hardmode summoner set it would be best to be molten.

I also think a hallowed helmet for minion damage would be good as its a fairly middle ground area because you would most likely have to have already gone through spider armour to beat the mechanical bosses which gives a bit more of a sense of progression.

The problem with this is that if you're going to be able to make armour for summoners out of cobalt and adamantite then why would you bother going for spider at all?
I'm all for more summoner armour sets, just 1 or 2 I think would work well.

I think if they made a second molten helmet which gave +1 minion and +15% minion damage along with the set bonus for having that headger being +15% minion damage for a total of 30% more minion damage that would be a good second point. The helmet would have to have a lot less defense and even though you get 1 less minion than bee armour you get better minion damage and have a very good defense stat allowing you to take more of a beating. The reason I chose molten is because most of the armours have a summon item that goes with them. The Bee armour and hornet staff are both made from the same material, the spider armour has the spider and queen spider minions made of the same material, the tiki armour requires you to have a pygmy staff, the spooky armour material is dropped by the same boss that drops the raven staff and the stardust armour has the stardust dragon, cells and guardian. I think that if there were to be another pre hardmode summoner set it would be best to be molten.

I also think a hallowed helmet for minion damage would be good as its a fairly middle ground area because you would most likely have to have already gone through spider armour to beat the mechanical bosses which gives a bit more of a sense of progression.

Actually I do agree with that, maybe have an armor set that compliments your minion. Maybe some slime armor :p haha

Back
Top Bottom