Weapons & Equip [Summoner] Skeletal Staff!

LoM2

Retinazer
Figured I'd take a crack at adding an unique Summoner weapon.

mI71vfy.png
Skeletal Staff (This is proof that I shouldn't be allowed to sprite magic weapons.)
Better version:
index.php
(By @Qw2 )
Ectoplasm Version:
BBFYayF.png
By @LeFr33
Soul_of_Fright.png
x20
Hallowed_Bar.png
x12
Bone.png
x50

Damage: Below
Use time: 20
Tooltip: "Kill them, reanimate, then kill them again!"

Now, this isn't actually used like the other summoner weapons. It does not obey the normal cap, instead having it's personal cap.

To use it, you must have killed an enemy recently and be somewhat near (within 10 blocks) of it's death/gore. Use the staff, and the mob will be reanimated as a skeleton, to fight for you! Yay! To differentiate them from normal mobs, they will look somewhat transparent/ghostly.

However, these skeletons will be somewhat superior to the normal mobs in that they can climb walls and move faster.
Most importantly, these summoned skeletons CAN DIE. You cannot summon a skeleton from your own fallen skeletons.

You can have as many skeletons as you do minions. (I.E if you have a minion cap of 5, you can have 5 minions and 5 skeletons out at a time.)
You have a equal chance of summoning any of the three types of Dungeon Skeletons (Rusty, Blue, and Hell.) You also have a very low chance to summon a regular skeleton (thinking 1% chance) just because why not :3

Each Dungeon Skele will have it's own ability. Blue inflicts Broken Armor, Hell inflicts On Fire!, and Rusty inflicts @SzGamer227 's buffed Bleeding (Found here)
Each debuff lasts for five seconds.
Skeleton.png
Blue_Armored_Bones_1.png
Hell_Armored_Bones_1.png
Rusty_Armored_Bones_1.png

For reference, the ones displayed have stats of:
Damage 20
Max Life 60
Defense 8
Damage 45
Max Life 500
Defense 50
Damage 70
Max Life 550
Defense 34
Damage 70
Max Life 400
Defense 32
Summoned skeletons will obey their normal stats. However, please do note that any variation of the skeletons can be spawned and have different stats.

EDIT: By the way, I should note that I based this off of an ability from a different game (although admittedly a necromancy ability is fairly common). Bonus points if you can correctly name which game I was thinking of :3

By the way, can
Necromancer_1.png
be renamed? He is in no way, shape or form a Necromancer. Thinking "Shadow Mage" (which is admittedly very cliche.)

As per usual, all constructive criticism is welcome. As long as you're not just being a jerk for the sake of it. Y'all know the drill.

Last edited:
Figured I'd take a crack at adding an unique Summoner weapon.

mI71vfy.png
Skeletal Staff (This is proof that I shouldn't be allowed to sprite magic weapons.)
Soul_of_Fright.png
x20
Hallowed_Bar.png
x12
Bone.png
x50

Damage: Below
Use time: 20
Tooltip: "Kill them, reanimate, then kill them again!"

Now, this isn't actually used like the other summoner weapons. It does not obey the normal cap, instead having it's personal cap.

To use it, you must have killed an enemy recently and be somewhat near (within 10 blocks) of it's death/gore. Use the staff, and the mob will be reanimated as a skeleton, to fight for you! Yay! To differentiate them from normal mobs, they will be tainted a deep purple.

However, these skeletons will be somewhat superior to the normal mobs in that they can climb walls and move faster.
Also, these summoned skeletons CAN DIE. You cannot summon a skeleton from your own fallen skeletons.

You can have as many skeletons as you do minions. (I.E if you have a minion cap of 5, you can have 5 minions and 5 skeletons out at a time.)
You have a equal chance of summoning any of the four types of Skeletons (Regular, Rusty, Blue, and Hell.)
Skeleton.png
Blue_Armored_Bones_1.png
Hell_Armored_Bones_1.png
Rusty_Armored_Bones_1.png

For reference, the ones displayed have stats of:
Damage 20
Max Life 60
Defense 8
Damage 45
Max Life 500
Defense 50
Damage 70
Max Life 550
Defense 34
Damage 70
Max Life 400
Defense 32
Summoned skeletons will obey their normal stats. However, please do note that any variation of the skeletons can be spawned and have different stats.

EDIT: By the way, I should note that I based this off of an ability from a different game (although admittedly a necromancy ability is fairly common). Bonus points if you can correctly name which game I was thinking of :3

As per usual, all constructive criticism is welcome. As long as you're not just being a jerk for the sake of it. Y'all know the drill.

Why would the normal skeleton have so much less? No one would want to spawn it... keep it as the Dungeon Trio, and give the Rusty ability to bleed (along with @SzGamer227's bleed buff). The Hell Armored would give On Fire!, and the Blue ones would give Broken Armor. All of these wouldn't last too long.

Why would the normal skeleton have so much less? No one would want to spawn it... keep it as the Dungeon Trio, and give the Rusty ability to bleed (along with @SzGamer227's bleed buff). The Hell Armored would give On Fire!, and the Blue ones would give Broken Armor. All of these wouldn't last too long.
Point. I'll keep the skeleton but drastically lower it's chances of appearing (more of an easter egg), and add the other things. Thanks :)

Actually can someone give me a link to Sz's bleed buff? I would rather know what something is before adding it blindly.

Why would we need another Hallowed-tier summoner weapon?

We have the twins..
(It would add a bit of diversity but...)

It's so complicated aswell if they have HP they shouldn't be called Minions, as they minions can't die..

Why would we need another Hallowed-tier summoner weapon?

We have the twins..
(It would add a bit of diversity but...)

It's so complicated aswell if they have HP they shouldn't be called Minions, as they minions can't die..
A) Because we have a serious lack of summoner weapons anyways. Pretty much any addition is good, plus this doesn't exactly abide by normal summoner rules.
B) I don't really see how this is complicated. You kill something, raise them as a skeleton, then they fight for you.
C) I understand that no minions currently have HP but I was aiming for something unique as an addition to the summoner class, instead of another cut and dry "Spawn and it fights" (because lets be honest, Summoners have very little variety in terms of weaponry... Most people stick to raven/bat/typhoons because that's the only choice they have.)

A) Because we have a serious lack of summoner weapons anyways. Pretty much any addition is good, plus this doesn't exactly abide by normal summoner rules.
B) I don't really see how this is complicated. You kill something, raise them as a skeleton, then they fight for you.
C) I understand that no minions currently have HP but I was aiming for something unique as an addition to the summoner class, instead of another cut and dry "Spawn and it fights" (because lets be honest, Summoners have very little variety in terms of weaponry... Most people stick to raven/bat/typhoons because that's the only choice they have.)

Actually, I think this should be post-plantera, because raising dungeon skeletons might be a bit too powerful for Hallowed Tier.

Bat? What bat?

I don't really understand C)

Rangers - Shoot bullets, bows and launchers, "Shoot and aim"
Warriors - Spear, Flail , Sword, "Click and aim for them to kill"
Mages - Various projectiles summoned out of a book/staff/etc "Aim and kill"

Actually, I think this should be post-plantera, because raising dungeon skeletons might be a bit too powerful for Hallowed Tier.
Any suggestions on how to gate it? I could make it crafted at the Golem Altar, but that has very little to do w/ necromancy, I'm hesitant to pull something from the Dungeon Mages (because honestly, too unbalanced), and ectoplasm doesn't seem to really fit the theme. I'd rather not have it come directly from plantera either (or in the form of an ingredient) because plantera is annoying enough in terms of RNG as it is.

Bat? What bat?

I don't really understand C)

Rangers - Shoot bullets, bows and launchers, "Shoot and aim"
Warriors - Spear, Flail , Sword, "Click and aim for them to kill"
Mages - Various projectiles summoned out of a book/staff/etc "Aim and kill"

... Did I put bat?
Not bat. NOT BAT. Thinking too much of the Bat Scepter for some reason.

Anyways, Summoner is generally considered to be a class apart from Mage due to the fact that it has it's own sets of armors/accessories. However currently it is much less developed than the other three main classes, having four armors and like, 10-15 weapons... And most of it's damage comes from it's minions. I'm not entirely sure what your argument here is besides not accepting summoner as a full class. (which is kind of what I'm assuming when you don't add Summoner to the list, but I could be misinterpreting.)

Unless you're pointing out that other classes are similar in terms of the "point and whatever" thing, in which I can argue that no, they aren't, because Summoner currently has very little diversity in attack because most of it's weapons act pretty much the same, and most of the new weapons are basically upgrades of the old ones. If you compare that to the other classes: Melee has four basic types of weapons (Sword, Spear, Flail, Boomerang) as well as some varied stuff, Ranged has three types of weapons alongside a VAST array of ammo, and many guns have their own special effects, and then Mage has arguably some of the most unique weapons in game, most of which behave vastly differently from each other. Summoner's most unique weapon is probably the Optical Staff (Twins), most everything it has functions roughly the same (either chases stuff down or throws stuff). The point of this was to give it a new type of weapon instead of just another minion that happens to be on a different tier than the existing ones.

Any suggestions on how to gate it? I could make it crafted at the Golem Altar, but that has very little to do w/ necromancy, I'm hesitant to pull something from the Dungeon Mages (because honestly, too unbalanced), and ectoplasm doesn't seem to really fit the theme. I'd rather not have it come directly from plantera either (or in the form of an ingredient) because plantera is annoying enough in terms of RNG as it is.

... Did I put bat?

Anyways, Summoner is generally considered to be a class apart from Mage due to the fact that it has it's own sets of armors/accessories. However currently it is much less developed than the other three main classes, having four armors and like, 10-15 weapons... And most of it's damage comes from it's minions. I'm not entirely sure what your argument here is besides not accepting summoner as a full class. (which is kind of what I'm assuming when you don't add Summoner to the list, but I could be misinterpreting.)

Unless you're pointing out that other classes are similar in terms of the "point and whatever" thing, in which I can argue that no, they aren't, because Summoner currently has very little diversity in attack because most of it's weapons act pretty much the same, and most of the new weapons are basically upgrades of the old ones. If you compare that to the other classes: Melee has four basic types of weapons (Sword, Spear, Flail, Boomerang) as well as some varied stuff, Ranged has three types of weapons alongside a VAST array of ammo, and many guns have their own special effects, and then Mage has arguably some of the most unique weapons in game, most of which behave vastly differently from each other. Summoner's most unique weapon is probably the Optical Staff (Twins), most everything it has functions roughly the same (either chases stuff down or throws stuff). The point of this was to give it a new type of weapon instead of just another minion that happens to be on a different tier than the existing ones.

Try... Bone Feather? Something like that?

... Did I put bat?

How am I "Not accepting the summoner as a full class", I like summoner, I don't like the idea.

To make it post-planterra you could use some of the dungeon drops, yes, I'd suggest either some Ectoplasm or the Bone Feather, dunno, seems to fit, in case you want to use the bone feather idea

I modified the sprite a bit, dunno if the original creator would be a bit mad for me at it, but, if so it's requested I'll remove it.

NgpGEcj.png

EDIT: I'll put the ectoplasm here too

BBFYayF.png

Last edited:
I think there should be a pre-hardmode staff for regular skeletons, undead miners, undead vikings, and the zombie that looks like a skeleton.

How am I "Not accepting the summoner as a full class", I like summoner, I don't like the idea.

To make it post-planterra you could use some of the dungeon drops, yes, I'd suggest either some Ectoplasm or the Bone Feather, dunno, seems to fit, in case you want to use the bone feather idea

I modified the sprite a bit, dunno if the original creator would be a bit mad for me at it, but, if so it's requested I'll remove it.

NgpGEcj.png
It's ok, looks a bit better now. :dryadgrin:

Back
Top Bottom