Weapons & Equip Summoner Support (Weapons and Armor)

Yes. Absolutely everything about this is amazing.

Summoner absolutely needs, early items and a wof item, and the commander staff looks absolutely useful and amazing.

Full Support!

These ideas are really good and i support them though maybe you should have another post WoF summoner item,but a stationary one like the staff of the frost hydra,something like a sommoner item sold by the mechanic that creates a turret on the wall that shoots at enemys.

Living Wood Staff: Would work well, but should be a bit more common.

Pumpkin Armor Boost: Unnecessary, as the armor already has a +10% damage boost everywhere. Additionally, it would make it a bit overpowered around the Halloween time.

Slime Staff: I'm not sure why the Slime Staff needs to be a King Slime drop - the Blue Slimes he spawns can already drop it.

Commander: YES.

Sorry that it took so long for me to get back to you. I was on vacation.

Support! I really do like the Commander, I feel like summoners need something "more" then just minions and sentry staffs in their arsenal, and the Commander helps fill in that void.

Also, for some reason, I really want a Summoner staff that can summon Grantite Elementals(I love them), It'd be a pre-hardmode weapon of course.
An Ice Elemental staff would also be pretty fun.
Well as much as these would be fun, Terraria has a void in Early Game for the Summoner Class. Because of how all summoner weapons act the same way, it kinda feels unnecessary to add Ice Elemental staffs because there is enough weapons for the class in Hardmode already. However while Granite Elemental isn't a bad idea, I personally don't see where it would fit in the game in terms of balance. The Living Tree staff and the Slime Staff are already decently close but not too close to each other in terms of damage, attack speed, and range of attack. Don't get me wrong tho, I like the ideas, but I don't see how you can make the Granite Elemental Minion better than Living Tree Minion, and worse than Slime Minion. If you know of a way I would love to hear it, and maybe I will add it to my board.

This has my support. Although the Slime Staff change seems almost unnecessary or should be rarer, I always wondered why King Slime couldn't drop it.
Cactus Armor is always my first armor set when I start a new character and it serves me well, adding a minion bonus might make it too viable. So I'm happy with the Pumpkin Armor change instead, I never use it since I have something better by then, and Pumpkins take a while to grow. Not to mention how that sorta ties in with the Pumpkin Moon and how there are several summon items associated with it. Although the Halloween event that lets Pumpkins grow automatically on grass may make it a little too powerful if you decide to change your computer's date.
I've been itching for an easier summon weapon so that I don't have to farm on a Slime Statue for decades or fish for a Reaver Shark to grab some Heckstone at the beginning of the game, even though both of those are fun regardless. A world doesn't always have a Living Tree with a hollowed trunk though, so if this were implemented, a guaranteed spawn rate for either the tree or the staff would be appreciated.
Finally, the Commander is the pretty little bow to tie this all up. The Wall doesn't drop any Summoner items besides the Emblem, and the other classes have something to go with it. Being able to have control over minion AI would benefit a Summoner greatly, especially since I get irked by my minions getting stuck in corners, or the Pirates wandering off to fight something they can't reach. It would also help those who play a 'pure Summoner' so they don't have to just dodge mindlessly until they win.
So thank ya <3
Honestly I felt as if the Slime Staff at the moment is so rare, nobody goes out of their way to get one, unless they cheat it in, or are really dedicated to Summoner only. That is why I felt as if King Slime should drop it so one can get it.

I didn't think of the Haloween event, so I got a solution. Each piece of armor should require one pumpkin seed, so it isn't acquirable prior to the EoC or King Slime.

The commander sounds like an incredibly useful item, but it doesn't really fit the theme of the WoF.
Honestly the Breaker's Blade, Clockwork Assult Rifle, and Laser Rifle don't either, also I saw there was no Summoner item for WoF, thought Hardmode was a good spot for it, and put it there.

Living Wood Staff: Would work well, but should be a bit more common.

Pumpkin Armor Boost: Unnecessary, as the armor already has a +10% damage boost everywhere. Additionally, it would make it a bit overpowered around the Halloween time.

Slime Staff: I'm not sure why the Slime Staff needs to be a King Slime drop - the Blue Slimes he spawns can already drop it.
I got fixes on Living Tree Staff, and Pumpkin Armor. I saw that the first weapons for the other classes are crafted with wood and early stuff, so I think that the crafting recipe is better. As for Pumpkin Armor, by the time you get it, you likely will have something better at the moment. I can increase the Damage, and yes Halloween is an issue that I didn't think through when writing this, so I got an idea for a fix.

Yes. Absolutely everything about this is amazing.

Summoner absolutely needs, early items and a wof item, and the commander staff looks absolutely useful and amazing.

Full Support!
These ideas are really good and i support them though maybe you should have another post WoF summoner item,but a stationary one like the staff of the frost hydra,something like a sommoner item sold by the mechanic that creates a turret on the wall that shoots at enemys.

banner added to the siggy, full support :3
Thanks for the support guys. I really appreciate it.

Last edited:
Well as much as these would be fun, Terraria has a void in Early Game for the Summoner Class. Because of how all summoner weapons act the same way, it kinda feels unnecessary to add Ice Elemental staffs because there is enough weapons for the class in Hardmode already. However while Granite Elemental isn't a bad idea, I personally don't see where it would fit in the game in terms of balance. The Living Tree staff and the Slime Staff are already decently close but not too close to each other in terms of damage, attack speed, and range of attack. Don't get me wrong tho, I like the ideas, but I don't see how you can make the Granite Elemental Minion better than Living Tree Minion, and worse than Slime Minion. If you know of a way I would love to hear it, and maybe I will add it to my board.

Well I feel like there should be an array of new minions that each have their own special effect/utility/ect, for intents and purposes to mix and match.

As for the Granite Elemental weapon, I was thinking about them having around 9~12 damage(they attack by withdrawing and launch themselves at enemies), with a chance to inflict Confusion.

I was planning on making my own thread to slap my ideas on, but I can post them here if you want(I also made sprites)

Well I feel like there should be an array of new minions that each have their own special effect/utility/ect, for intents and purposes to mix and match.

As for the Granite Elemental weapon, I was thinking about them having around 9~12 damage(they attack by withdrawing and launch themselves at enemies), with a chance to inflict Confusion.

I was planning on making my own thread to slap my ideas on, but I can post them here if you want(I also made sprites)
It seems to work, and I would love to see the sprite.

I would like to see summons get more verity in their arsenal, this is my ideas for more weapons.

DBSBnqp.png
Granite Staff
12 Summon Damage
Average knockback
Uses 12 Mana
"Summons a Granite Elemental to fight for you"
- Granite Elementals will withdraw and launch themselves at enemies, they'll take a moment to get back up and attack again.
- 30% Chance to inflict Confusion for 2~3 seconds
Granite Sprite
wlExouF.png

Ty2QV7U.png
Crystalite Elemental Staff
30 Summon Damage
Weak Knockback
20 Mana
"Summons a Crystalite Elemental to fight for you"
- Crystalite Elementals will fire crystal shards at enemies which will stick into them.
- Upon an enemy getting 10 shards stunk in them, they'll become "Crystallized" for 1 second then shatter, dealing damage to surrounding enemies(50 Summon Damage).
- The Crystalize debuff is very simular to the Frozen debuff, Bosses and Monsters with a large health pool will shatter instantly.
Dropped From
Hallowed Mimic(20%)
Crystalite Elemental
bMtoShk.png

dB6PGRt.png
Cursed Staff
32 Summon Damage
Average Knockback
Uses 20 Mana
"Summons a Corrpulet to fight for you"
- Shoots bolts of Cursed Flames, inflict the Cursed Flames debuff for 12 seconds.
Dropped From
Corrupt Mimic(16%)
Corruplet
U0dPerO.png

AfHr7Oj.png
Ichor Staff
27 Summon Damage
Weak knockback
Uses 20 Mana
"Summons a Ichor Squirter to fight for you"
- They'll shoot a line of Ichor that inflicts the Ichor debuff for 12 seconds.
Dropped From
Crimson Mimic(16%)
Ichor Sqieter
h6SEBQw.png

Thoughts and criticism?

Last edited:
I would like to see summons get more verity in their arsenal, this is my ideas for more weapons.

DBSBnqp.png
Granite Staff
12 Summon Damage
4% Critical Strike Chance
Average knockback
Uses 12 Mana
"Summons a Granite Elemental to fight for you"
- Granite Elementals will withdraw and launch themselves at enemies, they'll take a moment to get back up and attack again.
- 30% Chance to inflict Confusion for 2~3 seconds
Crafted at Anvil
Granite_Block.png
20x Granite Blocks
Diamond.png
1x Diamond

6p30HgP.png
Frozen Staff
26 Summon Damage
Weak knockback
Uses 20 Mana
"Summons a Ice Elemental to fight for you"
- Ice Elementals will shoot icy shards that stick to the enemy.
- If the enemy has 10 icy shards stuck in them, they''ll be Frozen for 2.5 seconds.
Dropped From
Ice Elementals (2%)

dB6PGRt.png
Eater Staff
32 Summon Damage
Average Knockback
Uses 20 Mana
"Summons a Corrpulet to fight for you"
- Restores 10~15(Random) Health for each enemy they defeat
Dropped From
Corrupt Mimic(16%)

AfHr7Oj.png
Ichor Staff
27 Summon Damage
Weak knockback
Uses 20 Mana
"Summons a Ichor Squirter to fight for you"
- They'll shoot a line of Ichor that inflicts the Ichor debuff.
Dropped From
Crimson Mimic(16%)

I kinda want to make a summon weapon from the Hallowed Mimic, but not sure what(Perhaps a Sentry type).

Thoughts and criticism?
I never thought about the biome mimics to be honest. It also fills in a gap that the game has been lacking which is Summoner Weapons for the evil biomes. Thanks for the Idea. As for Ice Elemental Staff, I feel as if we need another weapon for that tier now that I think about it, but we already have an Ice Themed Summoner Weapon.

Last edited:
Ah, right, the Frost Hydra.

How about a Crystalline Version of the Frozen Staff instead, summons Crystal Elementals that pretty much does the same thing, but Instead of the "Frozen" debuff, it'll inflict a "Crystiallized" debuff.

I also thought about a new Sentry summon that's clockwork based(Requires Steampunker), that can be summoned on walls and ceilings.

One thing I will say is that the Eater Staff having the ability to return health kinda isn't right. First off it would be OP in wave type events because enemies are consistently spawning. It also doesn't seem to fit corruption theme. Maybe like it's Ichor Counterpart it can shoot balls of Cursed Flame?

I thought about that, but I kinda feel like the Cursed Flames debuff is kinda lack luster, but I do have to agree.

Perhaps we'll just make them spit Cursed Flame bolts instead.

Last edited:
Ah, right, the Frost Hydra.

How about a Crystalline Version of the Frozen Staff instead, summons Crystal Elementals that pretty much does the same thing, but Instead of the "Frozen" debuff, it'll inflict a "Crystiallized" debuff.

I also thought about a new Sentry summon that's clockwork based(Requires Steampunker), that can be summoned on walls and ceilings.
I just saw what it did and while an interesting concept, six or so of those minions shooting a single boss would freeze it, and then they can go to town on it. Maybe instead of freezing it, the crystal pieces can do damage over time?

Also, something I will say is that the Eater Staff having the ability to return health kinda isn't right. First off it would be OP in wave type events because enemies are consistently spawning. It also doesn't seem to fit corruption theme. Maybe like it's Ichor Counterpart it can shoot balls of Cursed Flame?

I just saw what it did and while an interesting concept, six or so of those minions shooting a single boss would freeze it, and then they can go to town on it. Maybe instead of freezing it, the crystal pieces can do damage over time?

Of course the Crystallize/Frozen debuff would be ignored by bosses, but I thought of something new, Upon an enemy getting 10 crystal shards stunk in them, they'll "Shattrer", which will deal a fair amount of damage and send tiny crystal shards in random directions, damaging surrounding enemy.

Of course the Crystallize/Frozen debuff would be ignored by bosses, but I thought of something new, Upon an enemy getting 10 crystal shards stunk in them, they'll "Shattrer", which will deal a fair amount of damage and send tiny crystal shards in random directions, damaging surrounding enemy.
It's good if bosses and high health monsters aren't effected. And because it is Hallow Themed, it might make good loot from the Hallowed Mimic.

Two more suggestions!

Ty2QV7U.png
Crystalite Elemental Staff
28 Summon Damage
4% Critical Strike Rate
Weak Knockback
20 Mana
"Summons a Crystalite Elemental to fight for you"
- Crystalite Elementals will fire crystal shards at enemies which will stick into them.
- Upon an enemy getting 10 shards stunk in them, they'll become "Crystallized" for 1 second then shatter, dealing damage to surrounding enemies.
- The Crystalize debuff is very simular to the Frozen debuff, Bosses and Monsters with a large health pool will shatter instantly.
Dropped From
Hallowed Mimic(20%)

8rNYieZ.png
Clockwork Auto-turret Staff
16 Damage(per Bullet)
10% Critical Strike Chance
Very Weak Knockback
20 Mana
"Summons a auto turret that shoots a volley of bullets"
- Much like the Clockwork Assault Rifle, it'll shoot 3 bullets at a time.
- When summoned it'll latch onto the closest surface to the mouse cursor.
Crafted at Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil
Hallowed_Bar.png
18x Hallowed Bar
Soul_of_Sight.gif
20x Soul of Sight
Cog.png
10x Cog

Last edited:
I think there is a fair amount of summoner items in Hardmode as of now. This thread is focusing on getting a few ideas for Pre-Hardmode and Early Hardmode out. After the Mechanicals are dead, I think the Summoner Class is good from that point on. Biome mimics could use some summoner stuff tho.

Last edited:
Alright, fair enough, also sorry for the... week delay, I went back and updated this post, tweaked values and added in minion sprites.

Alright, fair enough, also sorry for the... week delay, I went back and updated this post, tweaked values and added in minion sprites.
They look good. Thanks for the ideas. I will defiantly give you credit. As for the Cursed Staff I had another idea for it. The Clinger Staff. Like its Crimson Counterpart, it summons the monster that drops the loot.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom