Weapons & Equip Summoner weapon obtained by fishing

Lackeys

Terrarian
Hi, I'd like to see a weapon that we can fish at the beginning of the hardmode, like all the other classes in terraria, maybe it can be obtained by fishing in the new liquid, the shimmer.(sorry for the bad English jsjsjsjsja)

Last edited:
You cant fish in shimmer, and as for early hardmode summoner, theres the spider staff but I suppose one from fishing could be cool too?

You cant fish in shimmer, and as for early hardmode summoner, theres the spider staff but I suppose one from fishing could be cool too?
Ehhh I know about the spider staff, but I mean the other classes in terraria can obtained a weapon just by fishing in a determined biome so since they added the shimmer they can put a weapon for summoners in.

Hi, I'd like to see a weapon that we can fish at the beginning of the hardmode, like all the other classes in terraria, maybe it can be obtained by fishing in the new liquid, the shimmer.(sorry for the bad English jsjsjsjsja)
maybe instead of changing the shimmer so you can fish in it, maybe you instead have to throw a fish-related thing into the shimmer in hardmode? Could make it the vampire frog staff or possibly the zypher fish pet that you have to throw in

maybe instead of changing the shimmer so you can fish in it, maybe you instead have to throw a fish-related thing into the shimmer in hardmode? Could make it the vampire frog staff or possibly the zypher fish pet that you have to throw in
Hey it sounds like a really good idea, like a vampire frog staff with steroids XD

You can't fish in Shimmer, trying to do so will Shimmer you

An early Hardmode Summoner weapon you can get via fishing does sound enticing. We do have the following weapons that meets this criteria:
  • Bladetongue (Crimson)
  • Toxikarp (Corruption)
  • Crystal Serpent (Hallow)
Though, I would like to see potential early Hardmode weapons you can get from fishing from the Desert, Snow, Jungle and Mushroom biomes. However, it would seem that the aforementioned weapons have one thing in common: they are only caught in contaminated areas. So... I do not see any possibility of a Summoner weapon being fished up in early Hardmode, but it is still an interesting idea nonetheless.

An early Hardmode Summoner weapon you can get via fishing does sound enticing. We do have the following weapons that meets this criteria:
  • Bladetongue (Crimson)
  • Toxikarp (Corruption)
  • Crystal Serpent (Hallow)
Though, I would like to see potential early Hardmode weapons you can get from fishing from the Desert, Snow, Jungle and Mushroom biomes. However, it would seem that the aforementioned weapons have one thing in common: they are only caught in contaminated areas. So... I do not see any possibility of a Summoner weapon being fished up in early Hardmode, but it is still an interesting idea nonetheless.
The ocean? like the reaver shark in pre hardmode

You can fish for a Dreadnautilus in early hardmode and kill it for the Sanguine Staff, but it's comparatively a much harder thing to do than fishing for the other hardmode weapons. The staff is fantastic, though.

You can fish for a Dreadnautilus in early hardmode and kill it for the Sanguine Staff, but it's comparatively a much harder thing to do than fishing for the other hardmode weapons. The staff is fantastic, though.
I nearly forgot about this.

Though, technically yes it can be obtained early Hardmode if you can somehow kill the Dreadnautilus. But otherwise, not exactly what the OP asked for.

But it is close to having a Summoner weapon fished up. Even though you must earn it through some... extensive effort.

Now that I think about it, I remember someone complaining that nearly all early hardmode summoner weapons were drops from some miniboss or event or required some other greater effort to acquire. Are other classes like this too? Maybe this is just a symptom of summoner being introduced later in the game.

I think the spider staff pretty much does it for early hardmode since that was my first weapon I recieved for hardmode and than the punching glove

The problem is that early hardmode only has one low-effort option. This new weapon could come from other sources like the Goblin ex-Summoner, as discussed here.

Oooooh love the idea! How about a midwife toad fished up in the jungle? Midwife toads are a species of toad that carries their offspring in holes on their backskin so I think it would be pretty fitting as a summoner weapon

I've had a similar idea before, but I don't think I posted it on this forum. It was a whip that looked like a squid, called the "Squip". It would be fished from the Ocean, and it would inflict an "Inked" status effect that would slow enemies and decrease their damage output, which would promote player survival.

Heh, now I just thought of the perfect flavor text:
"It's a whip now! It's a squid now!"

Back
Top Bottom