1. For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    Dismiss Notice

tModLoader Summoners Association

Discussion in 'Works-in-Progress' started by jopojelly, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Chime

Chime Skeletron Prime

This mod is super old and was made before that update came out. It's still kind of useful for modded summons though (since a lot of people forget to set that function) so it still helps.

2. Izzran Mazlin

Izzran Mazlin Terrarian

how do i get more?.. because i started with 1 max minions...

3. jopojelly

jopojelly Retinazer

v0.4 has been released for tModLoader 0.11.2.2. tModLoader v0.11 will soon be pushed to all users as an update notification, but you can update here to get the update earlier: tModLoader/tModLoader

Of note are these new items:

MinionHistoryBookSimple.png MinionHistoryBook.png MinionHistoryBookAuto.png Minion History Books
    Recipes:
    Minion Selection Book: 1 Book, 1 Black Ink, 6 Fallen Starts, at a Table and Chair
    Minion History Book: 1 Minion Selection Book, 10 Pixie Dust, 5 Moonglow, 3 Variegated Lardfish, at a Crystal Ball
    Automatic Minion History Book: 1 Minion History Book, 2 Lihzahrd Power Cell, at a Lihzahrd Altar

These Minion History Books allow you to summon sets of minions, aka loadouts. For example, if you like 3 Spiders, 2 Baby Slimes, and 1 Pirate minion, you can summon that in 1 click. The items will remember your preferred loadout. The loadout functionality is not found in the basic Minion Selection Book, but that item can help you spawn any minion from your inventory, so you can keep a single summon item in your hotbar.

To use these items, right click to open the UI, then select the minions you wish to summon. Right click in the middle to save your selection. You can now use left click to summon your loadout with a single click!

Big thanks to @direwolf420 for his huge help in implementing this feature. Also thanks to moonburn for the item sprites.

orian34 likes this.
  4. FastTempest

FastTempest Terrarian

pretty ccol, as a summoner i think it would be useful as sometimes flying sumons can't handle ground enemies fast enough and ground summons can't attack flyers so a good way to keep it balanced but effective

5. TOMKA

TOMKA Terrarian

Books' sprites doesn't fit Terraria style. Could you change that?

6. KBitegp

KBitegp Skeletron

it's always a nice time when a mod gets updated after a period of inactivity. Glad to see you back at it!

7. vizthex

vizthex Terrarian

Hello! I was wondering if you could add support for the Calamity mod (I reported this on the GitHub issue tracker as well)

Currently, the minions will be set as "Uncountable mod minions" instead of the counter going below the buff icon like with vanilla (when you have the Summoner Card)

Anyway, cool mod otherwise and I really love it!

8. XeraXenia

XeraXenia Plantera

I'm having an incredibly annoying issue, when I try to use the history books, it skips over the menu and goes directly to "saved history!". Every once in a while I do get the menu, but it's extremely rare

9. direwolf420

direwolf420 Terrarian

Do you have some sort of auto clicker or something that does multiple right clicks? Can you also test this in isolation (no mods enabled other than this one)