tModLoader Summoners' Association

Hey uhh…. hate to break it to ya guys who were asking for targeting with minions but...that is already in as vanilla. simply right click an enemy with a summon staff ( it might not work for stationary things tho )
[doublepost=1551492898,1551492874][/doublepost]also is this mod dead?
This mod is super old and was made before that update came out. It's still kind of useful for modded summons though (since a lot of people forget to set that function) so it still helps.

v0.4 has been released for tModLoader 0.11.2.2. tModLoader v0.11 will soon be pushed to all users as an update notification, but you can update here to get the update earlier: tModLoader/tModLoader

Of note are these new items:

MinionHistoryBookSimple.png
MinionHistoryBook.png
MinionHistoryBookAuto.png
Minion History Books
Recipes:
Minion Selection Book: 1 Book, 1 Black Ink, 6 Fallen Starts, at a Table and Chair
Minion History Book: 1 Minion Selection Book, 10 Pixie Dust, 5 Moonglow, 3 Variegated Lardfish, at a Crystal Ball
Automatic Minion History Book: 1 Minion History Book, 2 Lihzahrd Power Cell, at a Lihzahrd Altar

These Minion History Books allow you to summon sets of minions, aka loadouts. For example, if you like 3 Spiders, 2 Baby Slimes, and 1 Pirate minion, you can summon that in 1 click. The items will remember your preferred loadout. The loadout functionality is not found in the basic Minion Selection Book, but that item can help you spawn any minion from your inventory, so you can keep a single summon item in your hotbar.

To use these items, right click to open the UI, then select the minions you wish to summon. Right click in the middle to save your selection. You can now use left click to summon your loadout with a single click!

Big thanks to @direwolf420 for his huge help in implementing this feature. Also thanks to moonburn for the item sprites.

pretty ccol, as a summoner i think it would be useful as sometimes flying sumons can't handle ground enemies fast enough and ground summons can't attack flyers so a good way to keep it balanced but effective

v0.4 has been released for tModLoader 0.11.2.2. tModLoader v0.11 will soon be pushed to all users as an update notification, but you can update here to get the update earlier: tModLoader/tModLoader

Recipes:
Minion Selection Book: 1 Book, 1 Black Ink, 6 Fallen Starts, at a Table and Chair
Minion History Book: 1 Minion Selection Book, 10 Pixie Dust, 5 Moonglow, 3 Variegated Lardfish, at a Crystal Ball
Automatic Minion History Book: 1 Minion History Book, 2 Lihzahrd Power Cell, at a Lihzahrd Altar

These Minion History Books allow you to summon sets of minions, aka loadouts. For example, if you like 3 Spiders, 2 Baby Slimes, and 1 Pirate minion, you can summon that in 1 click. The items will remember your preferred loadout. The loadout functionality is not found in the basic Minion Selection Book, but that item can help you spawn any minion from your inventory, so you can keep a single summon item in your hotbar.

To use these items, right click to open the UI, then select the minions you wish to summon. Right click in the middle to save your selection. You can now use left click to summon your loadout with a single click!

Big thanks to @direwolf420 for his huge help in implementing this feature. Also thanks to moonburn for the item sprites.

Books' sprites doesn't fit Terraria style. Could you change that?

Recipes:

it's always a nice time when a mod gets updated after a period of inactivity. Glad to see you back at it!

Hello! I was wondering if you could add support for the Calamity mod (I reported this on the GitHub issue tracker as well)

Currently, the minions will be set as "Uncountable mod minions" instead of the counter going below the buff icon like with vanilla (when you have the Summoner Card)

Anyway, cool mod otherwise and I really love it!

I'm having an incredibly annoying issue, when I try to use the history books, it skips over the menu and goes directly to "saved history!". Every once in a while I do get the menu, but it's extremely rare

I'm having an incredibly annoying issue, when I try to use the history books, it skips over the menu and goes directly to "saved history!". Every once in a while I do get the menu, but it's extremely rare
Do you have some sort of auto clicker or something that does multiple right clicks? Can you also test this in isolation (no mods enabled other than this one)

Do you have some sort of auto clicker or something that does multiple right clicks? Can you also test this in isolation (no mods enabled other than this one)

I do not have an auto-clicker. I just tried this mod by itself and the issue still remains...

I have not been able to sit down at my computer to test out this debuggy version of the mod. However, before you sent that debuggy version, I sat down with the current version of summoner's association and changed each vanilla Terraria setting one by one until it started working, and I found the fix! it seems the right click menu does not work on slower computers that have frame skip set to ON. I have a potatop so I am unsurprised this was the fix. I am in a bit of a hurry though, so I will probably edit this post with more details in a few hours!

Can you do me a favor and screenshot what is written to chat whenever you open the book and it closes? I added some debug options (Also note this version of the file only works with 0.11.4). You download the file and place it in your Mods folder (You can find it if you go ingame, click on "Mods", then at the bottom, there is a "Open Mods folder" button)
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme.../614734906253246474/SummonersAssociation.tmod
It has been more than a few hours and for that I apologize. I'll try to make things a bit quick in this second post.
  1. This issue is not localized to this mod, it applies to any mod that has a right click menu (which has been very frustrating)
  2. The problem goes away if I set frame skip to Subtle or Off. Unfortunately, the game is practically unplayable in this state, especially on servers.
  3. As you may have suspected, my game is registering several right clicks in consecutive... ticks? I'm not sure what term is used in this situation, but it is what I will be using.
    • When frame skip is On, it can register anything from two to four right clicks. According to what is happening in chat (when using the special version you provided), the times when it actually did work were when the menu came out one tick later than normal, accidentally missing the "second right click".
    • When frame skip is set to Subtle or Off, right clicks always register as a single right click.
I apologize for not providing a screenshot as you have asked, but often it would appear as such:
###1 : Right click
###2 : Opened Menu
###3 : Right click
###4 : Closed Menu
###5 : Right click
This would all occur within the span of a single right click with frame skip On.

From all of this it seems like the issue is that my laptop is a potato and tmodloader doesn't know how to handle that (since the right click menu of the grand design works fine with frame skip on, and other mods have this issue as well), however, if there is anything this info can do to help, I'll gladly keep testing away!

@XeraXenia double post, but I made a new debug version of the mod with a possible fix for your issue, you can test that if you want
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme.../616321755509817354/SummonersAssociation.tmod
I was so elated when I saw this I almost cried at work! I got home and I gave it a go, and while it doesn't quite work, I can see a fix on the horizon! Here's what's happening now:

##1: Right mouse
##2: Opened UI
##2: Right mouse
##3: Opened UI
##3: Right mouse
##4: Opened UI

lo and behold, the UI appears every single time! Alas, when I let go of the right mouse button, the UI vanishes. If I hold down the right mouse button, it stays open and I can use my scroll wheel to interact with the summoning staves in the UI, but since I can't right click on the center bit again, I'm unable to save my history. Also; i'm not sure if it's important, but, when I let go of the right mouse button and the UI vanishes, nothing is relayed in chat. no "UI closed" or anything of the sort like when you close it normally. I also tried to see if the UI just went invisible, but I was unable to interact with anything, so that doesn't seem to be the case either.
Thank you for going so far for a simple cat such as I! :pinky:

@XeraXenia I have prepared another version for you to test. The fact that you need to HOLD the right mouse button is weird, but this is not the primary issue right now
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme.../616598786378039316/SummonersAssociation.tmod
It's time for my daily report!
Since you know most of the symptoms, this'll be a lot shorter!

The problem has not 100% fixed, but the chance of the menu opening and staying open without going straight to saving history has gone from 5% to 60% (I did the math)
It looks like, in the event that my right mouse fires three times or more, it will auto close with "Saved History". if it only fires twice, which is about 3/5 times I right click, it'll work perfectly! If i'm being completely honest, I'm very happy with this version! I'm worried that if too many entities are on screen, then the amount of fake right clicks will increase and it won't work as well anymore, but with this at least it makes things a lot more manageable! Again, thank you so much!

Back
Top Bottom