Items Sun Lord

partitionpenguin

Duke Fishron
EDIT: The woofron and moon wrath have been replaced with the superiword. After-party has been removed, as it is simply a nerfed version of the superiword.

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I defeated the moonlord in normal mode and I thought that it was an awesome challange fighting him with pre-moonlord gear, but still feasible. Of course, this was on my old character from 1.2 with beetle armor, so I didn't mind cheating and giving myself 20+ Celestial Sigils. I am really excited to fight him legit though. Need to get past the destroyer though.

Anyway, I noticed that more than anything, the accessive need for the nurse, his stupid true eyes of cthulhu, his awesome sprite, the drops were absolutely awesome. I got into a hobby of collecting them for a trophy room. So I thought, what if there was a Sun Lord that was the opposite of the Moonlord ? What should he drop? And that, my friends, is what I am here to bring. I haven't sprited or coded any of these drops, and I am just a n00b proposing ideas. Also please don't spam me with "This isn't original and no one will ever add this" because I don't intend them to be new, they should simply be the exact opposite of what the Moonlord would drop.

Shortswords are underrated...
Sword Essence: Material for the ultimate Superiword (silent "W"). Drops in quantities of 1-3 from the Sun Lord.

Shortsword are a type of sword introduced early on in the game. They are literally useless in Terraria, and practically no one is stupid enough to waste materials on one. In fact, most people simply trash their Copper Shortsword they start with! We need to give shortswords a BIG BUFF!!! LIKE MAKE THE ENGAME SWORD A SHORTSWORD.

The Superiword is a endgame shortsword crafted from all the engame broadswords of hardmode (except for the starfury, ice blade, frostband, night's edge, excalibur, wooden sword and copper shortsword).

Crafting:
Essence of Lame - 1 Wooden Sword, 1 Copper Shortsword, 1 Sword Essence
Essence of Midnight - 1 Night's Edge, 1 True Night's Edge, 1 Sword Essence
Essence of Myths - 1 Excalibur, 1 True Excalibur, 1 Sword Essence
Essence of Terror - 1 Death Sickle, 1 Horseman's Blade, 666 Spooky Wood, 2 Sword Essence
Essence of Frost - 1 Ice Blade, 1 Frostbrand, 1 Christmas Tree Sword, 2 Sword Essence
Essence of Starpower - 1 Starfury, 1 Star Wrath, 3 Sword Essence,
Essence of Meow - 1 Meowmere, 3 Sword Essence.

Phew. And combine all that at a mythril anvil to make the almighty... SUPERIWORD!!

The superiword, when used, deals 500 damage to all enemies on-screen, and 1000 when contacted with the blade. So it's well worth the craft.

Better than the puny "Woofron," isn't it?

Terra Blade is to Terrarian as The Horseman's Blade is to....
Pumpking's Throw: Creates homing pumpkins when an enemy is struck

Can the Lunar Flare be any more powerful? YES!
Solar Flare: Erupts with flames, can create flower of fire projectiles that stick onto an enemy for 10 seconds

Can the Last Prism use any more mana? SORT OF!
Blackout: Your entire screen is dark and enemies are standing still for 10 seconds! Uses 200 mana

:red: the dolphins! You probably remember this from tConfig avalon!
Ultrashark: Turns any suitable bullets into sharkbite bullets, which home in on enemies and inflict Cursed Inferno, Ichor, and Venom.

I wasn't able to come up with alternatives for the Portal Gun, lunar portal staff, and rainbow crystal staff. Please tell me if you like these weapons, and if you don't, please do so in a polite manner. Thank you!

NEW ADDITIONS!
Heliorite: Luminite alternative. Yeah I know it sounds dufey.

To start, a meowmere opposite! Yep, you guessed it! Doooogs!
Woofron: Like the Flairon but more damage and fires homing dog projectiles

We all love the star wrath. The stars are overrated though.
Moon Wrath: Fires moons upward

Last edited:
Overall I like the idea of a Sun Lord and Solar Event alternative to the Lunar Event and the Moon Lord, but I don't like this way of doing it with all of the drops just being alternates of the existing drops, they should be new and unique.

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I defeated the moonlord in normal mode and I thought that it was an awesome challange fighting him with pre-moonlord gear, but still feasible. Of course, this was on my old character from 1.2 with beetle armor, so I didn't mind cheating and giving myself 20+ Celestial Sigils. I am really excited to fight him legit though. Need to get past the destroyer though.

Anyway, I noticed that more than anything, the accessive need for the nurse, his stupid true eyes of cthulhu, his awesome sprite, the drops were absolutely awesome. I got into a hobby of collecting them for a trophy room. So I thought, what if there was a Sun Lord that was the opposite of the Moonlord ? What should he drop? And that, my friends, is what I am here to bring. I haven't sprited or coded any of these drops, and I am just a n00b proposing ideas. Also please don't spam me with "This isn't original and no one will ever add this" because I don't intend them to be new, they should simply be the exact opposite of what the Moonlord would drop.

To start, a meowmere opposite! Yep, you guessed it! Doooogs!
Woofron: Like the Flairon but more damage and fires homing dog projectiles

We all love the star wrath. The stars are overrated though.
Moon Wrath: Fires moons upward

Terra Blade is to Terrarian as The Horseman's Blade is to....
Pumpking's Throw: Creates homing pumpkins when an enemy is struck

Can the Lunar Flare be any more powerful? YES!
Solar Flare: Erupts with flames, can create flower of fire projectiles that stick onto an enemy for 10 seconds

Can the Last Prism use any more mana? SORT OF!
Blackout: Your entire screen is dark and enemies are standing still for 10 seconds! Uses 200 mana

:red: the dolphins! You probably remember this from tConfig avalon!
Ultrashark: Turns any suitable bullets into sharkbite bullets, which home in on enemies and inflict Cursed Inferno, Ichor, and Venom.

We accidently put nuclear explosives in the fireworks!
After-party: Poisons and does 500 dmg to nearby enemies, but timeout of 20 seconds between each fire. Fires rockets.

I wasn't able to come up with alternatives for the Portal Gun, lunar portal staff, and rainbow crystal staff. Please tell me if you like these weapons, and if you don't, please do so in a polite manner. Thank you!
Alternate for Portal Gun:Gravity Gun,Alternate for LunarPortalStaff:Solar Flare Staff, Alternate for Rainbow Crystal Staff:Jade Prism Staff

I'd prefer Pumpking's Throw to be a Pumpking drop, with the Sun Lord's yoyo being Hallow or Corruption themed. Solar Flare would be awesome though.
I strongly disagree with you about pumpking throw from Pumpking. That would be his most prized possession, and he would need to pass it someone stronger, like the Sun Lord.

I'd prefer Pumpking's Throw to be a Pumpking drop, with the Sun Lord's yoyo being Hallow or Corruption themed. Solar Flare would be awesome though.
Why the hallow and corruption? We are beyond disorder and myths! We speak of moons!! We are out of this world! We don't need those rudimentary biomes coming back!!!

I thought of an alternative to
the pumpkings throw: Coronal.

In physics and astronomy, the Corona refers to the outer layer of stars. It is extremely hot, reaching 1 million degrees easily. However the surface of the Sun is only 3000 degrees! Go figure!

Thus the coronal yoyo, as you might have expected, radiates outward with deadly solar radiation.

Why the hallow and corruption? We are beyond disorder and myths! We speak of moons!! We are out of this world! We don't need those rudimentary biomes coming back!!!

I thought of an alternative to
the pumpkings throw: Coronal.

In physics and astronomy, the Corona refers to the outer layer of stars. It is extremely hot, reaching 1 million degrees easily. However the surface of the Sun is only 3000 degrees! Go figure!

Thus the coronal yoyo, as you might have expected, radiates outward with deadly solar radiation.
Because the Terrarian is based on the Purity, and the Purity's opposite is the Corruption.

Are you saying the Terrarian is hallowed? I don't think so!

Maybe it could be a Scourge of the Corruptor yoyo! Scourge of the Clinger, maybe?
No, I'm saying the Terrarian is Purity. I guess its more of a 3-way battle, Light, Dark and Purity (Slightly less evil pretending to be good, evil, and good)

The game needs something to try your moon lord gear on right?
Yep.
[DOUBLEPOST=1437494967,1437494754][/DOUBLEPOST]
DANG! You beat me to it!

Overall, I actually like this suggestion, and hope it gets implemented. Support. ;D
Yeah now that I think about it it's not a very good suggestion, and the bubbles are homing on the flairon already. Any other unique suggestions for this flail.

New changes everyone! Woofron and moon wrath have been replaced by the Sword Essence material. After-party has been removed, see above for why. This post will slowly make more of the moonlord's drops orignial. Coronal will replace the Pumpking's throw soon.

Also if i can get into simple spriting with Paint.NET i might be able to commit some kind of sprite for the Superiword.

and btw the "W" is superiword is silent. Maybe i should change the typed name?

Ok everyone! New sprite for the Superiword!! It sucks :red: and it's pretty much a recolor of the Iron Shortsword, but myeh this is my first time spriting
[DOUBLEPOST=1438086615,1438086425][/DOUBLEPOST]here it is: Item_6.png
IT DOESN"T LET ME PUT IT ON DAFUKING OP!

Back
Top Bottom