PC Super-Compact Semi-automatic coral farm [Buggy]

HDanke

Skeletron Prime
Something i've been working on today, t'was a nightmare to get the non-compact concept working /

Capture 2016-05-26 00_26_09.png

- Without wiring

Capture 2016-05-26 00_26_32.png

- With wiring

*The farm works on 7 consecutive steps, it can't stop, reset or pause while it cycles through:
- Sand floor inactive (water falls into 2nd container)
- Sand floor active (Closes 2nd container)
- Lava pump pulse (turns coral into items)
- Sand floor inactive (drops coral into conveyor belts)
- Sand floor active (Closes 2nd container)
- Water pump start (Starts 1s pump timer)
- Water pump stop (Stops 1s timer)

- NAND flip-flops skip first pulse sensors do.
- Spear trap acts as a buffer to prevent obsidian from spawning
- AND gate stops the farm from repeating certain steps
- Can be broken by enchanted sundial if hooked to day/night sensors
- Pets / Summons trigger teal plates and break the farm.
- Hole gets rid of duplicated water, find a safe zone to dump it in
- Can be extended as long as the lava allows it

...There should have been a credits box... yet i can't remember who i've taken some ideas from / will put if i find who/

Last edited:
Man, 1.3.1 should really have added an automatic item-sucking chest that would grab items that go near it. Needing to physically go there to collect stuff so it doesn't despawn is annoying.

Either way, this is cool, I'm thinking about making automatic wood collecting farm using similar concepts you've outlined here.

Man, 1.3.1 should really have added an automatic item-sucking chest that would grab items that go near it. Needing to physically go there to collect stuff so it doesn't despawn is annoying.

Either way, this is cool, I'm thinking about making automatic wood collecting farm using similar concepts you've outlined here.
That got me thinkking, maybe there is a way for auto-collection. If you set up a proper teleporter system, you could flip 1 switch and collect everything from all of your farms.

Awesome little showcase build, utilizing liquid sensors, pumps, logic and conveyors (a bunch of my favourite mechanisms!). :happy: Really want to see it cycle: Gif, Gif, GIF! ;)

NAND flip-flops
By which you mean Faulty Logic Lamp Flip-flops (or FLFFs, as @Chase Brower dubbed them succinctly, here). Of course, once that faulty lamp is added to a gate, it's original type becomes irrelevant (until it's picked up again).

- Pets / Summons trigger teal plates and break the farm.
This seems like it could be a real on-going problem... Do people think we should maybe try to ask the devs to disable this (in an upcoming hotfix), or does it have more potential uses than problems?

Hole gets rid of duplicated water, find a safe zone to dump it in
Of course one can just evaporate the water on lava (in front of a chest, etc). The lava, on the other hand, is trickier to deal with, and excess will need dumping in a massive hole. Or do you think you've managed to achieve negligible duplication by using only a tiny amount?

Awesome little showcase build, utilizing liquid sensors, pumps, logic and conveyors (a bunch of my favourite mechanisms!). :happy: Really want to see it cycle: Gif, Gif, GIF! ;)

By which you mean Faulty Logic Lamp Flip-flops (or FLFFs, as @Chase Brower dubbed them succinctly, here). Of course, once that faulty lamp is added to a gate, it's original type becomes irrelevant (until it's picked up again).

This seems like it could be a real on-going problem... Do people think we should maybe try to ask the devs to disable this (in an upcoming hotfix), or does it have more potential uses than problems?

Of course one can just evaporate the water on lava (in front of a chest, etc). The lava, on the other hand, is trickier to deal with, and excess will need dumping in a massive hole. Or do you think you've managed to achieve negligible duplication by using only a tiny amount?
Pet/Summons are pretty uncontrollable, while some weird use might be found, other mobs can replace them, so they shouldn't trigger teal pads.
Considering gifs... well.. a tutorial on how to easily make one would help /
+gonna use the lava+chest trick

Last edited:
FLFFs change depending on the logic gate used, for AND, the first signal is sent in, the 2nd not, for NAND is the opposite.
Are you absolutely sure about that? Looking at the decompiled source, it sure looks to me like the logic gate type is completely ignored if a faulty lamp is present.

Are you absolutely sure about that? Looking at the decompiled source, it sure looks to me like the logic gate type is completely ignored if a faulty lamp is present.
Oops, my bad, i got a little confused with those, should have double-checked before /

Whats the yield of the farm like? I thought background wall blocked coral growth, but does glass not count? Also, could we get a few pictures with each color of wire highlighted?

Whats the yield of the farm like? I thought background wall blocked coral growth, but does glass not count? Also, could we get a few pictures with each color of wire highlighted?
I haven't tested, the design shown up here is pretty buggy and has a high chance to destroy loot or spawn obsidian. I made a *mostly* fixed design a while ago, though it has limited usage and lava-range, if following updates bring something that can destroy coral more efficiently i'll use that /

Back
Top Bottom