Super HD Texture Pack for Terraria?

Solar Kicks

Terrarian
I was curious if there was a super hd texture pack kinda like the Minecraft one here:
maxresdefault.jpg

or something similar to that matter. Im not looking for something exactly like this but rather something closer to the Terraria: Otherworld textures. Thanks, please let me know!

There are multiple upscale projects in the works, so realistically, people may build upon those to create something very stunning visually. The main issue with Terraria is that there's no good external modifications to the graphics (if there are any), and that there's no good modifications to be made, as it's a 2D game. The most impressive things I could pray people may implement would be normal mapping and reflections, which would lag the game quite a bit (due to how poorly optimized it can be at higher resolutions)

If you want to take the time to learn the proper code to add these features into the game (likely by using reflections in a hacky manner in TML) then I'm sure many artists would be more than willing to create impressive visuals for this game. But in its current state, it's just not doable.

There are multiple upscale projects in the works, so realistically, people may build upon those to create something very stunning visually. The main issue with Terraria is that there's no good external modifications to the graphics (if there are any), and that there's no good modifications to be made, as it's a 2D game. The most impressive things I could pray people may implement would be normal mapping and reflections, which would lag the game quite a bit (due to how poorly optimized it can be at higher resolutions)

If you want to take the time to learn the proper code to add these features into the game (likely by using reflections in a hacky manner in TML) then I'm sure many artists would be more than willing to create impressive visuals for this game. But in its current state, it's just not doable.

The fact that Terraria is a 2D game has nothing to do with why there are no HD Terraria texture packs. The reason why none exist is because the amount of image files in the game are shy of 10000. If someone made ten textures a day, it would take more or less three years to complete the whole thing. It's perfectly possible to make an HD texture pack based purely on the textures of the sprites. Lighting, reflections, and other technical aesthetics are not possible in Texture Packs as of right now.

I was curious if there was a super hd texture pack kinda like the Minecraft one here:
maxresdefault.jpg

or something similar to that matter. Im not looking for something exactly like this but rather something closer to the Terraria: Otherworld textures. Thanks, please let me know!

I am working on an HD texture pack right now called Jrazneu Jireleu. It's no where near complete, in fact, it's just started. This said, it does have enough content to significantly change the aesthetic of the game, and it does not clash too hard with the default sprites. If you wanna check it out, click the banner in my signature. If the artwork below happens to be to your liking, then I am sure you will enjoy the pack.
Grass1.png
Stone1.png

Back
Top Bottom