Blocks & Decoration Super Small Idea- the Wind Candle

stormconure

Duke Fishron
(Note: If this has been suggested before, I'm terribly sorry. I searched first but there were like a million pages of results and I didn't want to search through every single one. So sorry in advance.)

So we have a placed item to increase spawn rates (water candle). We then have the Battle Potion, which has the same effect. The Calm Potion does the opposite: decrease spawn rates. So why is there no such candle? Well, I'm here to fix that.

Wind Candle
image.jpg

Spawns on floating islands, placed on the table or randomly on the island.

While in its area of effect, you get a buff/debuff that decreases spawn rates near you. This effect is also given while holding the candle, and stacks with the placed candle (blah blah, same as with the water candle). Having a calm potion active while holding and standing next to a candle causes the spawn rates of mobs to be cut WAY down.

Yeah, that's it. What do you think?

Last edited:
I'd like an item that lowers enemy spawning. Not too sure about the wind candle though. I'd prefer a nice statuette that wards off evil spirits myself. :)
71b1156d04906464_4332-w251-h251-b1-p10--traditional-home-decor.jpg

Hm, quite nice idea, I'm only not sure in which places it should be useful, as enough NPCs and background walls even stop enemy spawning.
Maybe for an single NPC, to avoid been killed by strong enemies.
-cough- witch docter -cough-

Hm, quite nice idea, I'm only not sure in which places it should be useful, as enough NPCs and background walls even stop enemy spawning.
Maybe for an single NPC, to avoid been killed by strong enemies.
-cough- witch docter -cough-
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it would lower the amount of on-screen enemies during invasions as well. :)

Back
Top Bottom