Standalone Super Terraria World - MMORPG Style Mod - Server and Client Mod

I hoped, that the transition would be possible without a loading screen. But since you are not going to the next world that often, it is not that bad.
Right of course, the thing is you need to always have to load something at some point. The questions are what are the best way to handle this. You could slowly start to dynamically load things as you get close to the edge, but that would cause lag that would be extra annoying if you are not even planning on transferring to the next world. We decided to go with this approach since it made more sense.

Will Hardmode get into the mod at one point?
Of course it will! There is a lot of work to be done, but with our single player beta coming soon you will be able to test and play with a bunch of new hardmode gear/weapons :).

For maps we need a reason for players to get to hardmode, and one of the main reasons will be story driven quests. These quests will not only add new lore/NPC/Items but will also be the key component to accessing bosses.

It's not a loading screen, its a map/server change.
Jestex was actually using the single player beta, so yes it was a loading screen... but it's nearly identically for when we do the server change as well. :)

It is an elegant solution to a world with finite borders. Instead of changing the code so that it wraps around they just need to use at least 2 maps and connect them to each other.
This is correct.

Will it be possible for additional map areas to be added that goes on a tangent from the linear connection of maps? Like if someone sets up a server and connects it to either a single point in one map or a single point in multiple maps? Example: I make a house in 3 maps and ask that a teleporter inside those houses connect to my own map.
Yes this is 100% possible to do. Currently I have it so when you trigger a location (can be anywhere on the map) you can teleport to anywhere that has been specified - right now those specifications are hardcoded in, but we could implement a dynamic way for you to set them up.

Yes this is 100% possible to do. Currently I have it so when you trigger a location (can be anywhere on the map) you can teleport to anywhere that has been specified - right now those specifications are hardcoded in, but we could implement a dynamic way for you to set them up.

That is very, very cool. If you are familiar with the former game that is my "surname" that's how our housing system worked. Each Glitch had a private street that may or may not connect to up to 5 other private streets. `:passionate:

That is very, very cool. If you are familiar with the former game that is my "surname" that's how our housing system worked. Each Glitch had a private street that may or may not connect to up to 5 other private streets. `:passionate:

I am not familiar with the game, but I'll definitely keep it in mind. :)

I enjoyed it and I will play later when I have enough time. Only got passed the first quest oh all the signs don't messages on it.

I enjoyed it and I will play later when I have enough time. Only got passed the first quest oh all the signs don't messages on it.

Glad to hear that! The second quest is really much more involved than the first, so please let us know what you think of it!
Yes we still need to name a bunch of things in Sivania and thus the signs are empty :\

Ah, I have someone staying with me this weekend so can't play until Monday. That's a shame.

It is nice, that this mod is finally out. I have not tried it yet, but I am sure, that it is good.
And I am a little confused. Why is the thread with the download link in the discussion section. Shouldn't it be in the mod released section?

Edit: I have now tried this mod and completed the first quest. Then I went to the next map.
But there are some problems I had:
  • The quest wanted me to go to the east. As I know east = right. But the cave I had to go to was to the left, not right.
  • The jump and run part was OK until you reach the rope. I had to cheat a little, because I missed to grap it and fell to my death. I think this part is to difficult to be punished with death. Maybe a tunnel back to the start or something like that would be better, than water where you can't see anything.
  • if the day is over and the night begins, it is pretty hard and it is nearly impossible not to die, unless you are very good, what I am not.
  • if it is dark, there is not much you can do. Even if you have found torches, they are burning out and after a while, you can't see anything and since you can't craft them, you are doomed to play blind and die, what sucks.
Overall, I think that the start is a little bit to hard. It is good, if there are hard parts in the game, but the beginning should be a little bit easier, so you continue playing and do not have the urge to give up.

Last edited:
I shall download and play when I get home
Great! Let us know what you think! :)

Ah, I have someone staying with me this weekend so can't play until Monday. That's a shame.
That's a big shame! I definitely wanted some feedback from you! You've been following the mod closely.

It is nice, that this mod is finally out. I have not tried it yet, but I am sure, that it is good.
And I am a little confused. Why is the thread with the download link in the discussion section. Shouldn't it be in the mod released section?
It is not in the released section because this is only a single player beta of our first alpha build of the mod. Very far from being complete.

Edit: I have now tried this mod and completed the first quest. Then I went to the next map.
But there are some problems I had:
  • The quest wanted me to go to the east. As I know east = right. But the cave I had to go to was to the left, not right.
  • The jump and run part was OK until you reach the rope. I had to cheat a little, because I missed to grap it and fell to my death. I think this part is to difficult to be punished with death. Maybe a tunnel back to the start or something like that would be better, than water where you can't see anything.
  • if the day is over and the night begins, it is pretty hard and it is nearly impossible not to die, unless you are very good, what I am not.
  • if it is dark, there is not much you can do. Even if you have found torches, they are burning out and after a while, you can't see anything and since you can't craft them, you are doomed to play blind and die, what sucks.
Overall, I think that the start is a little bit to hard. It is good, if there are hard parts in the game, but the beginning should be a little bit easier, so you continue playing and do not have the urge to give up.
I'll address each bullet point:
  • In Terraria to the east is actually to the left... It is kind of confusing because we normally think of east as being to the right when we look at a map, but in Terraria the sun rises from the left (east) and sets in the right (west) thus we can conclude that the camera is actually facing to the south and not the north. You are not the only person to bring this up, so we will think about this.
  • Yes the rope bit is a little tricky (I actually made it even easier right before we released the mod :p). You might be right though and that you shouldn't fall straight to your death.
  • Something that didn't get implemented is to make Sivania always be daylight and ever have a night cycle. This is planned since Sivania is the newbie area.
  • You actually can craft torches, but you can not place them. Also if you craft yourself a helmet you will have a default light radius. I have thought about just giving off this default light radius even without a helmet, but I haven't looked into implementing it.
We definitely don't want the start area to be too hard, so thank you for the feedback. We'll look into what we can do to make sure it isn't too difficult.

So, I was trying to do the quest on the 2nd map and I think I know what to do, but how is that possible without equipment to defeat the monsters on the way? Slipping through isn't really working ether.
It seams, hat your health is not replenishing, what I don't like.
And I noticed, that each map has it's own day/night cycle, but that is understandable. ;)

The 'adventure' maps do not have any ore at the moment, Filippi and Moose are working on adding 'regenerating' ore which re-appears after some time once it has been mined.
I suggest that you make a new map and mine ore from there.

You should be able to get trough the quest using silver gear or better. ~:)

Last edited:
The 'adventure' maps do not have any ore at the moment, Filippi and Moose are working on adding 'regenerating' ore which re-appears after some time once it has been mined.
I suggest that you make a new map and mine ore from there.

You should be able to get trough the quest using silver gear or better. ~:)
I thought, that the adventure maps are intended to be played without mining.

I thought, that the adventure maps are intended to be played without mining.
Correct. Mining is done on the main map, Silvania. Just go underground into the caves to mine... though I'm not sure to what extent the mining mechanic is implemented. Flippi will answer that one.

Back
Top Bottom