Standalone Super Terraria World - MMORPG Style Mod - Server and Client Mod

New shiny logo
index.php

It has been one week since we first released STW SP Beta and we are super happy with the feedback! We've been hard at work fixing bugs that you've found and we've also added some new tiles as well. If you'd like to see please visit the download thread because we've just released a new version of the SP Beta, v1.1a! The change log has been updated in the thread as well, so please check it out!

Edit: Please always replace your maps when we release new clients as well because they have been updated and the game most likely will crash if you try to do Adventure Mode.

Last edited:
Cool, can't wait to play it. Also, how is the work on the regenerating ore?
It's still in the works, I'm going to make it a higher priority though now that I've got the new tiles added to the game - something I really wanted to have done for the initial release because the Boreal Lecterns are referenced in the second quest yet I had to use normal signs.

It's okay. Writing code and implementing it into the game is a tough. But it is well worth it because you can create many different effects.

Haven't gotten to that point, which direction should I go.
When you start Adventure Mode you will be in the Sivania region. Head to the right and you will come to the ocean biome. Keep traveling to the right and you will traverse some rocks and make it to an Island. Go to the other end of this Island and you will see a Viking and his boat. Go in his boat and you will transfer to Odin's Fjord. Once in Odin's Fjord you can start the quest Frozen Mirror on the Wall by talking to the Viking. Keep traveling right and you will soon find the Lost Caverns.

I downloaded and installed the mod yesterday.

First of all, it's not very GameMaker friendly. "You should already know how to install it" doesn't apply when almost all other GM mods add themselves simply by extracting the compressed file a user downloads from a page. Yours doesn't add itself, and the installation process turned out identical to the process without GM with the useful exception of GM allowing me to rename the original Terraria.exe and still have it run correctly. Saved me some copy/pasting around custom folders, at least.

Then I started playing Adventure mode and found out all signs had their text wiped clean. I did the Guide's quest and after that I had no idea what to do. I went spelunking in the caves in hopes of finding anything to actually mine, but that was a fruitless search. Didn't even manage to find a way to craft wooden items, meaning that I ran around with a copper shortsword for an hour. I'm assuming the signs would have been very helpful, had they retained their original text.

I hadn't continued much beyond that. If I had to give this WIP mod a vote, it'd be "N/A" because I'm experiencing unique errors. It looks very promising, though.

Currently the map does not have any ore. The coders of our team are currently working on adding 'regenerating' ore which respawns after certain time has passed.
You are not able to craft anything unless you are next to a workbench or other workstation. If you wish to craft items normally please enable it from the BETA options which can be accessed from the Hero menu.
Most of the signs are empty because they are supposed to have place names in them.

We are working on a wiki for this mod. It currently has only couple pages but I hope those help at least a little bit until we get all the information added. The wiki can be accessed from here.

I recommend that you create a new world and get ore from there for the second quest which can be found by going to east.

For more information please check out our social group.

I downloaded and installed the mod yesterday.

First of all, it's not very GameMaker friendly. "You should already know how to install it" doesn't apply when almost all other GM mods add themselves simply by extracting the compressed file a user downloads from a page. Yours doesn't add itself, and the installation process turned out identical to the process without GM with the useful exception of GM allowing me to rename the original Terraria.exe and still have it run correctly. Saved me some copy/pasting around custom folders, at least.

Then I started playing Adventure mode and found out all signs had their text wiped clean. I did the Guide's quest and after that I had no idea what to do. I went spelunking in the caves in hopes of finding anything to actually mine, but that was a fruitless search. Didn't even manage to find a way to craft wooden items, meaning that I ran around with a copper shortsword for an hour. I'm assuming the signs would have been very helpful, had they retained their original text.

I hadn't continued much beyond that. If I had to give this WIP mod a vote, it'd be "N/A" because I'm experiencing unique errors. It looks very promising, though.
First I want to thank you for playing the SP Beta and letting us know what your concerns are. With positive and constructive feedback we can only make the mod better.

Let me try to address some of your concerns as well. First I'm not familiar with GameMaker. Did you mean Game Launcher? If you meant Game Launcher, yes I'm sorry I don't have the instructions up for this yet. It hasn't been a huge priority for me because 1. There are other ways to play the mod and 2. A lot of people have not had any trouble installing it with Game Launcher on their own. With that said I do agree we still need to have the instructions updated sometime soon.

The signs are currently not implemented yet. They will have text just saying like "Mining Village East ; Ocean West" for example, nothing too ground breaking, but I agree it would be more helpful to have which is why eventually they will be updated (we are in beta ;)).

As @Jestex has mentioned we have a process that regenerates ore overtime, currently this can block tunnels though if you don't have a high enough level to mine the ore so I stripped it from the beta. If you want to mine ore please create a map in Sandbox mode, and enable all of your beta options on the Hero menu.

I'm really sorry that you didn't see the workbench in the Guide's shack to craft yourself some wooden gear, but I want you to know that there is one:
M4aLid8.png

Based on your description I noticed you didn't even explore much of the surface of Sivania. If you would have headed East you would have found the Mining Village, where there is an anvil, furnace and workbench. If you would have headed West you could have traversed the ocean rocks, made it to an Island, and met the new Viking NPC on the other end of the Island who would have taken you to Odin's Fjord where you can do another quest.

I'm hoping that with some of this extra information you'll give the SP Beta another shot. Rest assure though that I'll use your feedback to help make the mod better. :)

Last edited:
Hello again!

After checking this out, I was wondering if you needed help with the mod!

Do you need any coders? I have experience in Tapi, C++, and a few other languages.

Thanks!

~_mish

Hello again!

After checking this out, I was wondering if you needed help with the mod!

Do you need any coders? I have experience in Tapi, C++, and a few other languages.

Thanks!

~_mish
Hi Mish,

We currently do not need any help coding the mod. Right now we need help with constructive feedback about the beta, staying active in the Social Group, and help filling out the new wiki. If/When we bring new team members on board we will have proper tryouts and staying active in the community will be a big plus. :)

Back
Top Bottom