Standalone Super Terraria World - MMORPG Style Mod - Server and Client Mod

That's not how feedback works.
The devs having tried your mod does not mean they sat down and analyzed and considered the contents of your disclaimer in detail.

Um, if Re-Logic had anything against STW's existence, they would have sent a Cease and Desist letter, and they would not have allowed STW's thread to exist on the Terraria Community Forums which they own and operate.

They would have requested the project be shut down.

If I point out an issue, you can take it to heart and learn from it, and potentially make your mod more appealing to those who find your terms unacceptable. It's as much criticism as it is feedback.
Your response doesn't ring of concern or interest, so it might speak for itself.

He gave a professional response. That's how professional responses are worded.

I tagged the Pipeworks dev due to the user role as Community Manager. I might have been mistaken to do so, but since this is a community post, it sounded appropriate that the Community Manager would be the first to oversee community things like this.

The Pipeworks dev is the community manager For Pipeworks Studio who handles the Console Ports. They have nothing to do with the PC release of the game.

im trying to download the launcher but i just get this
upload_2019-2-8_15-22-42.png

What could i do?

I downlaoded the launcher, but the "Play" button is grayed out, and it says "STW Version: Not Installed". What should I do?
upload_2019-2-9_9-27-3.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-2-9_9-26-9.png
    upload_2019-2-9_9-26-9.png
    877 KB · Views: 190
um im sorry i just wanted to try to play this i bought terraria and i came here but i still cant play this after i open the launcher it says it cant run on this pc even though im on windows 10 can somebody help me?

um im sorry i just wanted to try to play this i bought terraria and i came here but i still cant play this after i open the launcher it says it cant run on this pc even though im on windows 10 can somebody help me?
How is windows 10 a factor?

What matters is most likely your hardware and drivers.

where in the client is the update button which i have to select ?

I downloaded the STW launcher but when I go to play the game the 'play' button is grayed out and underneath it says STW Version: Not installed... help

game unplayable, button grey and doesnt say update

I downlaoded the launcher, but the "Play" button is grayed out, and it says "STW Version: Not Installed". What should I do?
View attachment 216616
Help please, we really want to play this game but cant because of this ;(
[doublepost=1549745619,1549745122][/doublepost]
figured it out, when the button is grey it means you have to set the path for terraria and its saves again in settings, because it places the slashes the wrong way when it does it automatically

Edit: and of course now i have another problem, i cant play because it says unauthorized user, which doesnt make sense since i clearly bought the game, unless its because it went back into closed beta, either way, either way, i just want to know whats going on.

Last edited:
Ummm I can't find my update file, can anyone help?
[doublepost=1549757868,1549757641][/doublepost]
[doublepost=1549745619,1549745122][/doublepost]
figured it out, when the button is grey it means you have to set the path for terraria and its saves again in settings, because it places the slashes the wrong way when it does it automatically

Edit: and of course now i have another problem, i cant play because it says unauthorized user, which doesnt make sense since i clearly bought the game, unless its because it went back into closed beta, either way, either way, i just want to know whats going on.

How do you fix the slashes? I'm not a very technical person.

Open Beta Update #2 - February 9th, 2019

Hey everyone, it's been a week now since we've opened up STW to the public and we've been blown away with the support from the community. We wanted to especially thank users in our Discord server who are taking their time to help other users install/play.

This past week we've worked extra hard on addressing the server delay that is extremely apparent in Sivania. Today we're release an update that will hopefully address this - in fact the update is live! Please let us know if you experience more or less of a delay now.

As stated earlier in the week, we will be conducting a reset in the near future after we stabilize the servers. We understand the frustration that come with frequent resets, but we hope that the improved experience will more than make up for it. We will let you know when the reset will take place at the earliest opportunity.

Thank you for all your support and excitement,

The Super Terraria World Team

Is the executable truely safe? I was going to download it to play this weekend, but decided to do a quick scan with virus total and got one threat detected. Of course, I thought it was just false-positive, but than when I ran it through the hybrid-analysis, it came out as a malicious executable program with a threat score of 100/100!

It is a ambitious project, but I am wary of running it due to the very general Disclaimers section on user information usage. Can anyone look into this please?

https://www.hybrid-analysis.com/sam...41b67a348f6259139bab/5c691a147ca3e102ab1ef43f

Is the executable truely safe? I was going to download it to play this weekend, but decided to do a quick scan with virus total and got one threat detected. Of course, I thought it was just false-positive, but than when I ran it through the hybrid-analysis, it came out as a malicious executable program with a threat score of 100/100!

It is a ambitious project, but I am wary of running it due to the very general Disclaimers section on user information usage. Can anyone look into this please?

https://www.hybrid-analysis.com/sam...41b67a348f6259139bab/5c691a147ca3e102ab1ef43f
We've had thousands of users download the mod with no issues. I can assure you that it is safe.

We've had thousands of users download the mod with no issues. I can assure you that it is safe.
To be fair, lots of people doing it is no indication of anything.

But the suspicions of the scanning website are about methods used by the launcher that can be used in certain patterns of malware, and can be explained to be legitimately used by the launcher.

For example it can be alarming if a program immediately connects to the internet when launched, but with this program it is obviously necessary.

Not saying the launcher is safe. It just absolutely most likely is.

Ok, i'm having a problem wit the launcher. whenever i click play, it says this: system.dllnotfoundexcpetion: unable to load DLL 'CSteamworks': the specified module could not be found. (exception from HRESULE:0x8007007E), this was not the entire error, so if you need the entire thing just ask

Why do you require users to resign in to Steam through your launcher? Sorry, I'm only trusting Steam with my Steam credentials. Once this changes, I'd love to try your mod, but as it stands now, this is totally insecure.

Back
Top Bottom