Standalone Super Terraria World - MMORPG Style Mod - Server and Client Mod

July 11th 2016
The summer continues as does the development of STW. We hope that everyone is enjoying their summer and we hope to help make it more enjoyable by releasing another update for STW! In this update we've got our first Ferrousanguis Region quest. This intro, yet slightly difficult, quest is a great way to start off the Ferrousanguis series which will unravel the truth behind the Crimson!

The Desert Outpost of Sivania has also been updated. Since the Ferrousanguis occupy this outpost we thought that it would be appropriate to add some of our custom Ferrousanguis furniture to it. In addition, you'll also find neutral soldiers that will attack back if you attack them first. If you get caught you'll be thrown in jail!

Also, @Khaios has taken advantage of the Terraria 1.3 update and has completely remastered the trap rooms in the Pyramid of Sivania. You'll now find the rooms to have more of a pattern and less random - yay no more RNG deaths!

As always we've got a load of other updates and bug fixes in this release, and to see them all you can check out the change log below. Several of these bugs were reported to us via Discord which we strongly recommend using if you want to report a bug to us or just tell us something that you like about STW! You can also report any bugs in our bug thread.

Code:
********************** Version 1.10a *********************
    * ~NEW~ A Ghoulish Task quest has been implemented!
            Speak to General Jesse in the Praesidium
            Fortress after completing Miki's Delivery
            Service Quest to start

* Major update to the Desert Outpost and Pyramid in
      Sivania.
          * The Outpost now has Ferrousanguis furniture
            and neutral soldier NPCs
          * The rooms in the Pyramid have had their
            trap mechanisms updated to 1.3

* Added Player owned World Portal to Ayeswell ;)

* Added all new Town NPC Heads to the mini map

* Added missing recipes for cooked fish! Cook your
      fish to regain HP

* Added sound for when ore is added to your inventory

* Added framework for death animations

* Updated how XP per level is calculated, this fixes
      several issues related to negative XP needed for
      the next level

* Updated Tutorial Island assets to be set to the
      players current quest progress

* Updated auto-planted saplings to now grow in
      water

* The range of pistol bullets has been lowered

* Fixed spawn location if you leave Tutorial Island
      and you came from Sivania originally

* Fixed a bug that caused a blank Game Tip page to
      appear if your previously opened Game Tip had
      more pages

* Fixed a bad bug that prevented NPC stores from
      opening up and causing inventory to not display
      correctly

* Fixed a texture bug causing all sarcophaguses in
      the Pyramid of Sivania to not display correctly

* Fixed a texture bug in the Praesidium Fortress'
      kitchen

This is a player notification list for when I make posts about a STW update that is being released or coming soon. If you want to be on this list just let me know!
@Temmie
@Jestex
@CursedMoose
@Flippi
@HeroGabe
@Coghner
@Theo

July 11th 2016
The summer continues as does the development of STW. We hope that everyone is enjoying their summer and we hope to help make it more enjoyable by releasing another update for STW! In this update we've got our first Ferrousanguis Region quest. This intro, yet slightly difficult, quest is a great way to start off the Ferrousanguis series which will unravel the truth behind the Crimson!

The Desert Outpost of Sivania has also been updated. Since the Ferrousanguis occupy this outpost we thought that it would be appropriate to add some of our custom Ferrousanguis furniture to it. In addition, you'll also find neutral soldiers that will attack back if you attack them first. If you get caught you'll be thrown in jail!

Also, @Khaios has taken advantage of the Terraria 1.3 update and has completely remastered the trap rooms in the Pyramid of Sivania. You'll now find the rooms to have more of a pattern and less random - yay no more RNG deaths!

As always we've got a load of other updates and bug fixes in this release, and to see them all you can check out the change log below. Several of these bugs were reported to us via Discord which we strongly recommend using if you want to report a bug to us or just tell us something that you like about STW! You can also report any bugs in our bug thread.

Code:
********************** Version 1.10a *********************
    * ~NEW~ A Ghoulish Task quest has been implemented!
            Speak to General Jesse in the Praesidium
            Fortress after completing Miki's Delivery
            Service Quest to start

* Major update to the Desert Outpost and Pyramid in
      Sivania.
          * The Outpost now has Ferrousanguis furniture
            and neutral soldier NPCs
          * The rooms in the Pyramid have had their
            trap mechanisms updated to 1.3

* Added Player owned World Portal to Ayeswell ;)

* Added all new Town NPC Heads to the mini map

* Added missing recipes for cooked fish! Cook your
      fish to regain HP

* Added sound for when ore is added to your inventory

* Added framework for death animations

* Updated how XP per level is calculated, this fixes
      several issues related to negative XP needed for
      the next level

* Updated Tutorial Island assets to be set to the
      players current quest progress

* Updated auto-planted saplings to now grow in
      water

* The range of pistol bullets has been lowered

* Fixed spawn location if you leave Tutorial Island
      and you came from Sivania originally

* Fixed a bug that caused a blank Game Tip page to
      appear if your previously opened Game Tip had
      more pages

* Fixed a bad bug that prevented NPC stores from
      opening up and causing inventory to not display
      correctly

* Fixed a texture bug causing all sarcophaguses in
      the Pyramid of Sivania to not display correctly

* Fixed a texture bug in the Praesidium Fortress'
      kitchen

This is a player notification list for when I make posts about a STW update that is being released or coming soon. If you want to be on this list just let me know!
@Temmie
@Jestex
@CursedMoose
@Flippi
@HeroGabe
@Coghner
@Theo
You mind spoiling some sprites?
Alot of us love the spritework done by @Jestex and it would be really appreciated if we could see more :D

You mind spoiling some sprites?
Alot of us love the spritework done by @Jestex and it would be really appreciated if we could see more :D
We can definitely do that! Just a couple questions for yah.

Would you prefer us to spoil the sprites that are in the update at release time or rather as soon as @Jestex sprites them? Jestex usually posts the new sprites as they come on his profile. Where would you prefer that they are posted to (Here, Social Forum, Twitter, etc..)?

We can definitely do that! Just a couple questions for yah.

Would you prefer us to spoil the sprites that are in the update at release time or rather as soon as @Jestex sprites them? Jestex usually posts the new sprites as they come on his profile. Where would you prefer that they are posted to (Here, Social Forum, Twitter, etc..)?
You should probably keep an area in the thread called "Sprite Spoilers" inside a spoiler or something like that. I would also prefer seeing the newest sprites by Jestex

Glad to hear you're enjoying! How far have you made it so far?

Feel free to stop by in our Discord channel if you ever want to talk to some of us developers! :)
I personally haven't tried it yet (I haven't even beaen vanilla, combined with the fact that I'm working on things) But I have seen your posts on reddit, and the screenshots. As soon as I finish things, this will be the first mod playthrough I do.

Also thanks for the discord :D

I personally haven't tried it yet (I haven't even beaen vanilla, combined with the fact that I'm working on things) But I have seen your poats on reddit, and the screenshots. As soon as I finish things, this will be the first mod playthrough I do.

Also thanks for the discord :D
Glad you saw the post, and we always appreciate the comments here to bump the thread. :)

Let us know when you give the mod a try as well! Cannot wait to hear what you think after playing. :)

Aug 15th 2016
We've reached the hot month of August and so we got a very cool update for you all today! A revamped Odin's Fjord region, unexplored worlds and your own personal one!

I'm happy to announce that in this release we have a long awaited feature added to STW, give the ability to build back to players! As you know, STW is made up of Terraria maps called regions in game. These regions are hand crafted by @Khaios and use a ton of new furniture tiles made by @Jestex. These regions are static and cannot be mined or destroyed. With today's update though we are adding two new features that truly make STW a unique standalone Terraria mod: Instance Worlds and Player Owned Worlds.

Instance Worlds:
Accessed through special portals created by Biome Goblins when they are close to death, these extra small worlds are randomly generated, and only accessible for a short time. Inside, you will gain reduced experience, but will have access to many more resources, as well as special treasures which you can display in your Player Owned World. Be cautious though, these worlds can be extremely dangerous, and if you die you'll be kicked out!

Player Owned Worlds:
These small worlds are found through Portals located in certain cities and towns. Each region has a unique Portal leading you to a preset world where you can build the home of your dreams. You'll need to brave the dangers of Instance Worlds in order to get the resources to do so! Soon, you'll also be able to visit your friends' Player Owned Worlds, so you can rightfully show off your achievements.

Both of these features have been worked on for months now and are finally ready to hit the spotlight. Keeping this in mind, Instance Worlds are not fully completed. We will be adding more items to find as well as new Biome Goblins to generated more unique extra small worlds. We also would love to hear your feedback on what you think of them and what else you'd expect.

We're not done with the updates though! This release also sees a revamped Odin's Fjord region which includes the implementation of the Viking Village known as Kriki - yay finally! This region is now up to our new build standard. Since the region was revamped you'll also find that the Frozen Mirror on the Wall Quest has been remastered! No more tedious walking around and exploring a cave system. The updated traversal puzzle and mini-boss battle really show off the creativity and abilities of STW.

Overall, this update includes hundreds of hours of work by the whole team and we cannot wait for you to get in and check it out. You can let us know what you think of the update via our Social Forum, Discord, Twitter, or our WiP Thread. We are looking forward to it. :)

As always we've got some other updates and bug fixes in this release, and to see them all you can check out the change log below. Several of these bugs were reported to us via Discord which we strongly recommend using if you want to report a bug to us or just tell us something that you like about STW! You can also report any bugs in our bug thread.

Code:
********************** Version 1.11a *********************
    * ~NEW~ Instance Worlds and Player Owned Worlds Added!
         * Instance Worlds are extra small, randomly
           generated and ready to explore!
         * Travel to your player's unique world and
           build your dream home in STW!
         * See in Game Tip in-game for more information.

* Major update to Odin's Fjord
          * Completely revamped the Lost Caverns and
            Frozen Mirror on the Wall quest. Solve the
            Caverns and fight a unique Mini-Boss to
            unlock new some new chilly weapons!
          * The Viking Village known as Kriki has been
            implemented and is accessible after completion
            of Frozen Mirror on the Wall.

* Added ability to obtain the Shackle accessory.

* Implemented Travel Menu for Sivania and Odin's Fjord
      via the Viking.

* Fixed a couple world transitioning bugs that removed
      players spawn point.

* Fixed a bug that prevented potion unlock points from
      being earned.

* Fixed a bad bug that caused the game to freeze when
      fishing.

* Fixed a bug that caused the Mine Cart Junction in
      Sivania to charge you four times.

* Fixed a bug that allowed players to infinitely mine
      ore nodes without using the respawn timer.

* Fixed a bug that kept ore nodes colored in active.

* Fixed a bug that allowed players to right click on
      the shackled debuff to remove it.

@Temmie
@Jestex
@CursedMoose
@Flippi
@HeroGabe
@Coghner
@Theo

Aug 15th 2016
We've reached the hot month of August and so we got a very cool update for you all today! A revamped Odin's Fjord region, unexplored worlds and your own personal one!

I'm happy to announce that in this release we have a long awaited feature added to STW, give the ability to build back to players! As you know, STW is made up of Terraria maps called regions in game. These regions are hand crafted by @Khaios and use a ton of new furniture tiles made by @Jestex. These regions are static and cannot be mined or destroyed. With today's update though we are adding two new features that truly make STW a unique standalone Terraria mod: Instance Worlds and Player Owned Worlds.

Instance Worlds:
Accessed through special portals created by Biome Goblins when they are close to death, these extra small worlds are randomly generated, and only accessible for a short time. Inside, you will gain reduced experience, but will have access to many more resources, as well as special treasures which you can display in your Player Owned World. Be cautious though, these worlds can be extremely dangerous, and if you die you'll be kicked out!

Player Owned Worlds:
These small worlds are found through Portals located in certain cities and towns. Each region has a unique Portal leading you to a preset world where you can build the home of your dreams. You'll need to brave the dangers of Instance Worlds in order to get the resources to do so! Soon, you'll also be able to visit your friends' Player Owned Worlds, so you can rightfully show off your achievements.

Both of these features have been worked on for months now and are finally ready to hit the spotlight. Keeping this in mind, Instance Worlds are not fully completed. We will be adding more items to find as well as new Biome Goblins to generated more unique extra small worlds. We also would love to hear your feedback on what you think of them and what else you'd expect.

We're not done with the updates though! This release also sees a revamped Odin's Fjord region which includes the implementation of the Viking Village known as Kriki - yay finally! This region is now up to our new build standard. Since the region was revamped you'll also find that the Frozen Mirror on the Wall Quest has been remastered! No more tedious walking around and exploring a cave system. The updated traversal puzzle and mini-boss battle really show off the creativity and abilities of STW.

Overall, this update includes hundreds of hours of work by the whole team and we cannot wait for you to get in and check it out. You can let us know what you think of the update via our Social Forum, Discord, Twitter, or our WiP Thread. We are looking forward to it. :)

As always we've got some other updates and bug fixes in this release, and to see them all you can check out the change log below. Several of these bugs were reported to us via Discord which we strongly recommend using if you want to report a bug to us or just tell us something that you like about STW! You can also report any bugs in our bug thread.

Code:
********************** Version 1.11a *********************
    * ~NEW~ Instance Worlds and Player Owned Worlds Added!
         * Instance Worlds are extra small, randomly
           generated and ready to explore!
         * Travel to your player's unique world and
           build your dream home in STW!
         * See in Game Tip in-game for more information.

* Major update to Odin's Fjord
          * Completely revamped the Lost Caverns and
            Frozen Mirror on the Wall quest. Solve the
            Caverns and fight a unique Mini-Boss to
            unlock new some new chilly weapons!
          * The Viking Village known as Kriki has been
            implemented and is accessible after completion
            of Frozen Mirror on the Wall.

* Added ability to obtain the Shackle accessory.

* Implemented Travel Menu for Sivania and Odin's Fjord
      via the Viking.

* Fixed a couple world transitioning bugs that removed
      players spawn point.

* Fixed a bug that prevented potion unlock points from
      being earned.

* Fixed a bad bug that caused the game to freeze when
      fishing.

* Fixed a bug that caused the Mine Cart Junction in
      Sivania to charge you four times.

* Fixed a bug that allowed players to infinitely mine
      ore nodes without using the respawn timer.

* Fixed a bug that kept ore nodes colored in active.

* Fixed a bug that allowed players to right click on
      the shackled debuff to remove it.

@Temmie
@Jestex
@CursedMoose
@Flippi
@HeroGabe
@Coghner
@Theo

Hello everyone! Just wanted to give a quick notice! The next STW update will be replacing all chests within any of the towns, so you will not be able to store anything in them any more. If you have any goods stashed in those chests, make sure you relocate them to your PoW's! Safes will remain unchanged for the time being.

If you are curious as to why, feel free to ask us on our discord server! ^.^

Last edited:
Hm... I wonder if there is a Summoners tree to develop towards... or does Magic account for that, even though there is Summoner damage in-game?

I would like to try this mod later, and find a server to play with people on (Assuming that the rules aren't arbitrary, and the people are well behaved enough to not need harsh rules). ^^;

Hm... I wonder if there is a Summoners tree to develop towards... or does Magic account for that, even though there is Summoner damage in-game?

I would like to try this mod later, and find a server to play with people on (Assuming that the rules aren't arbitrary, and the people are well behaved enough to not need harsh rules). ^^;

As it stands, there are no summoning items in STW. I don't want to reveal too much here, but we have some big plans in mind for summoning, and they're currently in development.

Multiplayer will have to wait, unfortunately. We're still in a single player alpha development. Eventually, we will be porting to multiplayer, of course. ^.^

As it stands, there are no summoning items in STW. I don't want to reveal too much here, but we have some big plans in mind for summoning, and they're currently in development.

Multiplayer will have to wait, unfortunately. We're still in a single player alpha development. Eventually, we will be porting to multiplayer, of course. ^.^

Aye ;)

Thank you though, for notifying me without spoiling, I still look forward to this mods progress! <3

Editing #1 - I may download it at some point today and try it out as it is, and get immersed to how it works. So I have an earlier idea on how it works. If not, it'll be somewhere down the line.

Last edited:
Sep 28th 2016
It's that time of the year again, autumn! What better way to celebrate than to drop some leaves while you're using the Magic Leaf! That's right, if you didn't figure it out we've got another release of STW!

This release brings STW to the current code base of Terraria (1.3.3.2) along with a slew of bug fixes found by you guys, and @Khaios, but who's counting! Besides the bugs we've updated and added a couple new things to the game:

• Added a new friendly NPC named Pat to Ayeswell - more on him below.
  • Added a new Player Owned World (POW) to Kriki! This one is a bit chilly... Winter must be coming!
  • Added leaf particles while using the Magic Leaf - thanks @Yoraiz0r and others at Re-Logic for the new tree poofing effect which made this possible! :D
  • Updated the spears right click ability to a charged attack!
  • Updated Mana regen logic! No more standing around while waiting for your mana to to regen - Mages rejoice!

Patreon:
In parallel with this release of STW, we are releasing our Official Trailer of STW and our Patreon page. Come check out the page if you'd like a bit of laughs as well as a chance to help get more involved in supporting and developing STW.

Without further ado here is our trailer:

Let us know what you think of the trailer via our Social Forum, Discord, Twitter, or our WiP Thread!

Code:
********************** Version 1.12a *********************
    * Updated STW to Terraria 1.3.3.2.

* Updated Spears right click ability to a charged
      attack.

* Updated Mana regen logic - Mage players rejoice!

* Added the NPC Pat in Ayeswell.

* Added a Snow Biome Themed Player Owned World in
      Kriki.

* Added leaf particles to the Magic Leaf when used.

* Town NPCs no longer attack Ferrousanguis Soldiers.

* No more hammering tiles outside of PoWs.

* Merchant no longer sells Shurikens.

* Demolitionist no longer sells explosives. D:

* Snake tile room in the Pyramid Dungeon will always
      reset now when the player Saves and Exits.

* Fixed a bug caused by grabbing inventory items
      while using a right click attack.

* Fixed shorcut not being triggered for the boulder
      dash room in the Pyramid Dungeon.

* Fixed shortcut not being triggered for the first
      spike jump room.

* Fixed a bug that prevented players from getting
      items from the Frozen Merchant.

* Fixed a bug that prevented Giant Worms from giving
      XP.

* Fixed a bug that caused backgrounds to now show
      how we indented.

* Fixed some text formatting for a couple quests.

@Temmie
@Jestex
@CursedMoose
@Flippi
@HeroGabe
@Coghner
@Theo

Hm... Spoilers ahead to report an issue.

It appears when I caught the Biome Goblin, the generation got stuck mid way when I entered the portal. Is that normal?

Also, I'm a little lost on where I need to go next in the Temple of Ra in order to get past a boulder trap segment. But I don't think posting spoilers would help here.

Last edited:
Hm... Spoilers ahead to report an issue.

It appears when I caught the Biome Goblin, the generation got stuck mid way when I entered the portal. Is that normal?

Also, I'm a little lost on where I need to go next in the Temple of Ra in order to get past a boulder trap segment. But I don't think posting spoilers would help here.

I had moved your post to our specific threads in our social forum, but that was before I realized that you posted in our WiP thread instead of the announcement thread.. My bad...

Anyways, as you'll see in the other threads, that is not normal for the world generation to get stuck. Do you happen to recall where the loading bar was when it got stuck or what the text was?

About the Temple of Ra, which boulder room exactly? There are three in total is it the first one you encounter when going to the left or the first one you encounter when going up? Either way you can message here, the social forum post, or on discord for some more help as well. :)

Well, the third boulder trap, but I found it out.

The second was when I first entered a Biome portal, it was stuck mid way.

Well, the third boulder trap, but I found it out.

The second was when I first entered a Biome portal, it was stuck mid way.
Glad you figured it out! If the biome world gets stuck generating again can you take a screenshot of the generating screen?

Sure!

EDIT #1: I also noticed that the Green Portal at the Alyeswell isn't working. I just crash.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom