Standalone Super Terraria World - MMORPG Style Mod - Server and Client Mod

Just played through up through the Temple of Ra. Some of my thoughts:
  1. Mining feels very grindy. I'm not sure how to make it better, but faster level ups might make it feel better. I don't want to spend all of my time going from copper to lead to gold weapons and gear.
  2. The quest system is really cool. The only issue I have with it is that quest items can sometimes be obtained again, like the mushroom, but don't seem to have another use.
  3. The idea of unlocking potion recipes is cool, but it seems like a slow process to unlock them all. I also dislike how unlocking the recipe doesn't give me the recipe.
  4. I also like the level system for combat and noncombat tasks. It might be helpful if there was an indication when I reached the right level to do some new task and if the player was told what the point of leveling up was. For example, for mining, tell me what the next level I need to reach in order to mine the next ore instead of only telling me when I try to do something I can't.
  5. The Temple of Ra is really hard. I got through it, but I never figured out what the bottle was for and the checkpoints for the upper levels weren't working for some reason. I ended up having to turn on block editing in order to get the platforms for the checkpoints to show up.
  6. It looks like a lot of work has gone into this mod and I can't wait to see how it evolves!

PS: Anyone want to tell me how to access my normal terrara characters and worlds? I don't really want to uninstall the mod to do it.
Just peeping up here but as for number 2 the mushroom that drops IS used to make potions. It's about the only way to do early crafting of Alchemy. So you farm those up and make lesser hp/mp pots. Also trust me MP pots are amazing since magic is so good. Also as to number 4 you can find that out by mousing over said classes and looking at "remainder" towards your next level. Also the bottle you can craft standing on an air current and when you get to the very top you can farm up to give it more charges. Basically limited use Double Jump.

I don't think temple of ra was hard, I was able to pass without struggling.I think that's because of my PRO OSU SKILLS (LOL)

As for the place of the boulders, If you want to pass, you just have to not die and memorize the boulders way. That's it.

I had to sign up for an account just to ask this question because apparently no one else or atleast not anywhere I've looked.

My minepick broke really easily. I'm next to an Anvil in the mining village or near there but it won't let me fix it. Am I doing something wrong? I have copper ore, copper bars, and the broken minepick in my inventory but I just can't seem to fix the damn thing. If anyone knows about this please respond ASAP.

I do have terraria installed, and I can play it whenever I want. But when I go to install this mod, the terraria folder is missing from the my games folder. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but still no luck. I have tried creating multiple characters and worlds, but still nothing. I have even uninstalled terraria, then steam, still nothing. Is there something Im missing??

Patch to Terraria meant I had to reinstall the STW executable. Boat menu seems to work now, but I notice that the caves (due to near-constant Ice Bat spawns) can be a bit tricky. This wouldn't be a problem, except the ice-silver is clearly meant to be equal to normal silver, and due to the way progression is balanced, I'm already rocking Gold/Platinum.

I'd suggest that, first of all, you make deposits give multiple ore per block mined, or else lower the amount needed to make each item, so that it players don't have the ability to mine the next tier by the time they finish the first one. Secondly, at present the tiers are pretty much balanced around Vanilla, but progression that works in Vanilla isn't as satisfying when you have to grind so much more for it. Even currently, but especially if you slow down player progress, then I think you are going to want to widen the gap between tiers a little, so that the difference in equipment is actually satisfying and noticeable.

Oh, and in the room where you get the second ice crystal (I think the first one should be replaced with just getting the blade outright - or better still an accessory that lets you do what the blade does now with any weapon) the doors are constantly exploding, and I end up collecting a couple hundred thousand while I'm in there. So...uh...good thing they have no value, I guess? I'm guessing this is the same bug others have reported. The sound is horrendous, though.

1. That's untrue. The boulders spawned at random intervals each time I did it. First time it was right, middle left, middle right, left. Then I died and it ended up being something like left, right, middle right, middle left. So depending on various factors those boulders were most definitely changing their patterns on me whenever I died.

2. As for the door thing I have no idea either. It was as if a million chainsaws were going off and spawning infinite doors. I wrote it down here just in case it might be an issue to look into.

3. Yeah I didn't get anything in my chest either. I wasn't sure if it was just forgotten or didn't spawn properly.

I asked Khaios and he said ''boulders are not random, they have patterns''

Is this the place to put bugs if we find them? Because if so, I found a bug.
Screenshot (8).png

Edit: Sorry, I wasn't specific. This happened when I killed a forest biome goblin spawner thing after talking to the portal a couple times, then it crashed like this after I got killed. It might have been because I was mid-block with the bloody broadsword thing.

Last edited:
I was not able to find a single cooking pot in all of Sivania. Cooking a fish is problematic.

After falling in the water at the Odin's Fjord there is no way out. You have to kill yourself.

The rail transportation system seems to be broken for me. Works one-way only. Does not transport you west even tho it consumes a coin.

Is there a place where one can report bugs? Is there a list of known bugs?

1: you can only repair the pick at the VERY FIRST forge area, you may have to cheat to put a block down in order to get back over there
2: there are cooking pots in some of the "through doors" areas
3: the mining progression is supposed to be grindy, i was actually going to suggest making there be more of a difference and make the ore types not all together but rather have harder ores down in more dangerous areas
4: can you please disable the rail transport system? at the moment it is SO broken that all it is is a money stealing device that charges 10 silver twice per ride due to tick speed
5: boomerangs are supposed to be melee weapons X-/ all their stats scale off melee stats such as distance thrown, why not make the spears into a ranged item with their alternate being the jab? a good right click option for the boomerang would be to throw it/arm spin it in a tight circle around the player
6: can you please allow the non-oak woods to be crafted into things so we can make our houses look nice?
7: thank you for continuing to update this
8: darn, i was hoping to make some simple maps with dangerous but lucrative ore sources
9: is there a way to play in a normal world with this mod's stuff enabled? i just thought that having a test world would be nice at times

Hey, I was playing and the game freezes up whenever I get to the top of the Ferrosanguis castle thing. It's happened twice now. It doesn't unfreeze, even if I wait a while. I had to restart Terraria to continue playing.

Well, I tried a third time, and the game did not freeze. I guess the problem is fixed for me, but the glitch is probably still there.

Oct 5th 2016
Wow guys, just wow! Last week we released the newest version of STW alongside our Official Trailer and Pateon page. You guys loved it and we are very appreciative and thankful. In just one week we've had over 30,000 downloads! Thank you!

Now, we've been busy listening to feedback and bug reports and so we have another release for you! This one includes a Linux release of the mod, some QoL updates, and MANY bug fixes! You can check out the change log below to see all of the updates.

Let us know what you think of the update via our Social Forum, Discord, Twitter, or our WiP Thread!

Several of these bugs were reported to us via Discord which we strongly recommend using if you want to report a bug to us or just tell us something that you like about STW! You can also report any bugs in our bug thread.

Code:
********************* Version 1.12.1a ********************
    * Linux release of STW!

* Minor updates to the Ferrousanguis, Sivania, and
      Odin's Fjord maps.

* Torches now throw an ember when left clicking
      except in Player Owned Worlds.

* Added the ability to remap hotkeys for Chemistry,
      Quests, Lore, and Game Tips menus.

* Several potions have had their sprites updated.

* Player can no longer go to the west of the Viking
      ship in Odin's Fjord.

* The Ferrousanguis doors in the desert outpost do not
      need to be opened to enter Idla's office anymore.

* Cloud in a Bottle has no sell value at shops.

* Falling Stars no longer fall.

* Jimmy (Angler) now lets you know how many minutes
      you have left in your challenge.

* Added an attempted fix for the out of memory
      exception on world transfers.

* Updated smart cursor to work a bit better when
      mining.

* Updated how Player Owned World files are named
      so that players with unique characters won't
      crash when they enter their POW.

* Disabled world generation showing for Instance
      Worlds.

* Fixed display for Silver Patron Helm.

* Fixed display for Gold Patron Helm.

* Fixed Pat's head from not showing up on the world
      map.

* Fixed several bugs caused by using a weapons right
      click attack and switching items.

* Fixed a bug where you could use a staff for 0 mana.

* Fixed a bug that caused players to endlessly mine
      ore for XP.

* Fixed a bug that caused the game to freeze up when
      fishing.

* Fixed a bug that caused game to freeze up when
      a biome goblin spawned.

* Fixed a bug that caused "settling liquids" freezing
      when generating an Instance World.

* Fixed a null reference error when leaving Instance
      Worlds.

* Fixed NPCs hitting some things incorrectly.

* Fixed biome goblin portal animation.

* Fixed Merchant's Diary not appearing in the Lore
      menu.

* Minor text updates.

This is a player notification list for when I make posts about a STW update that is being released or coming soon. If you want to be on this list just let me know!
@Temmie
@Jestex
@CursedMoose
@Flippi
@HeroGabe
@Coghner
@Theo

Hey guys, I've tried the mod again, and wow, so many things changed, and found out how to craft pistol bullets,
I've been playing this mod for a number of hours, and kind of liked it.

But sadly, during my gameplay, I've found a number of bugs aswell, which I've came to post here.
Here it goes:
  1. The dead body in the tutorial, that gives the fire arrows and a bow can give you extra arrows, if you hold the arrows in the inventory with the mouse, and then right click the dead body again.
  2. Crafting something while having a spear on the quickslot end up causing glitches, and if persisting, the glitch evolves, breaking the game, forcing you to exit the world to fix it. *I believe the same thing also can happen with other weapons*
  3. Sometimes enemies spawns inside the floor.
  4. I'm not sure how to point you, but on the shortcut you have to pay in sivania's mine (I guess the name is Sivania), it have a upper left entrance, upper right entrance, and lower right entrance, if you try entering the upper right entrance, you will get daylight robbed.
  5. Minimap resets upon changing maps.
  6. Trying to fish inside a instance will cause your character to stop fishing automatically after a few seconds.
  7. Crafting arrows makes you rich, aswell as level up crafting with ease.
And... A list of ideas which can also help improve the mod, or things I didn't liked much.
  1. The instances chests could offer more than just furnitures, and sometimes even offer equipments.
  2. Some places feels empty, having no opposition, like the way to the Angler's shack, and the way from the mine to the sea.
  3. It is really annoying having to move back to the main town, because there is no anvil, furnace or less likelly table with a bottle disponible on the nearest town.
  4. The game could give a previous indication when a extremity of the map will teleport the player to another map, got teleported twice by accident due to this.
  5. Mining leveling is really annoying, beside mining itself is quite annoying, were saved because of the instances.
  6. Some things could be diggable, like the strange plants.
  7. There could be a way of turning off expert mode.
And before I finish, I ask, does leveling combat influence on the weapon damage or how it works?
Because I'm above level 20 of Ranger and didn't saw any change.

I guess that's all from my report, good job you guys, and good luck on your project.

I agree with Nakano15 on how to improve this mod with #3 and #6, #3 - maybe implement quick travel for locations that is already discovered on the map. As for #6 - Make strange plants forageable and give them a use, like anything: Dye or potions - elixirs. I too once had my weapon bugged while i was reading Angler's dialogue. I just thought of an awesome idea, is it possible to create this object called "Timeless telescope"? Its function is to view things in their past form so imagine you use it to look at a demolished or destroyed building, you'll see its former state.

While I was going from town to town, a slime hit a guard. He arrested me for it. Wat? `:sigh:

I agree with Nakano15 on how to improve this mod with #3 and #6, #3 - maybe implement quick travel for locations that is already discovered on the map. As for #6 - Make strange plants forageable and give them a use, like anything: Dye or potions - elixirs. I too once had my weapon bugged while i was reading Angler's dialogue. I just thought of an awesome idea, is it possible to create this object called "Timeless telescope"? Its function is to view things in their past form so imagine you use it to look at a demolished or destroyed building, you'll see its former state.

Personally, I think that and form of fast travel in the game, you should have to pay something for it. Also, the more convenient, the more you should need to earn it. So, like, if you could summon a Djinn to whisk you off on a magic cloud, you should have to complete a quest for the item to summon them, and make them an offering for their help (reimplement fallen stars, and make it the currency of the spirits).

I don't really think strange plants should be foraged, though. They're used as decoration in too many places. A way to get access to dyes would be nice, though.

"Timeless Telescope" sounds like an interesting mechanic for a dungeon later, but we don't even know the direction they're going in with the story and quests, yet.

Also, just since you mentioned the Angler - am I the only one that thinks that just getting a lot of fishing XP for the angler quests is lame?

EDIT: Final Thought - I finally finished (almost finished and then uninstalled STW out of sheer disgust) the temple of Ra. Screw the temple of Ra. Screw whoever made it. Screw whoever tested it. Screw whoever thought of it. I said before it was brutal. Screw me too. That's not "brutal", that's cruel. It's unfair, it's aggravating, it's unnecessarily punishing... What it is not is "fun". That is possibly the single most un-fun thing I have ever experienced in a videogame - AND I WAS CHEATING! I had to cheat, because there is no [REDACTED] way in [REDACTED] that I am ever doing that legit. I don't play Terraria for parkour. I don't like parkour at the best of times and Terraria physics are wonky on top of it. I most certainly do not play Terraria for hardcore parkour, and brutal parkour around instant death traps with the game mode locked to Expert and its extra-long respawn timer is just right the [REDACTED] out, let alone multiple gruelling screens of the same! Screw that!

What I'm saying is, at present, the Temple of Ra alone negates literally all other positive aspects of STW and ruins the whole thing for me.

Last edited:
While I was going from town to town, a slime hit a guard. He arrested me for it. Wat? `:sigh:

Personally, I think that and form of fast travel in the game, you should have to pay something for it. Also, the more convenient, the more you should need to earn it. So, like, if you could summon a Djinn to whisk you off on a magic cloud, you should have to complete a quest for the item to summon them, and make them an offering for their help (reimplement fallen stars, and make it the currency of the spirits).

I don't really think strange plants should be foraged, though. They're used as decoration in too many places. A way to get access to dyes would be nice, though.

"Timeless Telescope" sounds like an interesting mechanic for a dungeon later, but we don't even know the direction they're going in with the story and quests, yet.

Also, just since you mentioned the Angler - am I the only one that thinks that just getting a lot of fishing XP for the angler quests is lame?

EDIT: Final Thought - I finally finished (almost finished and then uninstalled STW out of sheer disgust) the temple of Ra. Screw the temple of Ra. Screw whoever made it. Screw whoever tested it. Screw whoever thought of it. I said before it was brutal. Screw me too. That's not "brutal", that's cruel. It's unfair, it's aggravating, it's unnecessarily punishing... What it is not is "fun". That is possibly the single most un-fun thing I have ever experienced in a videogame - AND I WAS CHEATING! I had to cheat, because there is no [REDACTED] way in [REDACTED] that I am ever doing that legit. I don't play Terraria for parkour. I don't like parkour at the best of times and Terraria physics are wonky on top of it. I most certainly do not play Terraria for hardcore parkour, and brutal parkour around instant death traps with the game mode locked to Expert and its extra-long respawn timer is just right the [REDACTED] out, let alone multiple gruelling screens of the same! Screw that!

What I'm saying is, at present, the Temple of Ra alone negates literally all other positive aspects of STW and ruins the whole thing for me.
git gud man

So i was in the temple of ra and it was too f'ing hard is there any cheats i can use like godmode or flight cause f the temple of ra

Back
Top Bottom