Standalone Super Terraria World - MMORPG Style Mod - Server and Client Mod

While I was going from town to town, a slime hit a guard. He arrested me for it. Wat? `:sigh:

Personally, I think that and form of fast travel in the game, you should have to pay something for it. Also, the more convenient, the more you should need to earn it. So, like, if you could summon a Djinn to whisk you off on a magic cloud, you should have to complete a quest for the item to summon them, and make them an offering for their help (reimplement fallen stars, and make it the currency of the spirits).

I don't really think strange plants should be foraged, though. They're used as decoration in too many places. A way to get access to dyes would be nice, though.

"Timeless Telescope" sounds like an interesting mechanic for a dungeon later, but we don't even know the direction they're going in with the story and quests, yet.

Also, just since you mentioned the Angler - am I the only one that thinks that just getting a lot of fishing XP for the angler quests is lame?

EDIT: Final Thought - I finally finished (almost finished and then uninstalled STW out of sheer disgust) the temple of Ra. Screw the temple of Ra. Screw whoever made it. Screw whoever tested it. Screw whoever thought of it. I said before it was brutal. Screw me too. That's not "brutal", that's cruel. It's unfair, it's aggravating, it's unnecessarily punishing... What it is not is "fun". That is possibly the single most un-fun thing I have ever experienced in a videogame - AND I WAS CHEATING! I had to cheat, because there is no [REDACTED] way in [REDACTED] that I am ever doing that legit. I don't play Terraria for parkour. I don't like parkour at the best of times and Terraria physics are wonky on top of it. I most certainly do not play Terraria for hardcore parkour, and brutal parkour around instant death traps with the game mode locked to Expert and its extra-long respawn timer is just right the [REDACTED] out, let alone multiple gruelling screens of the same! Screw that!

What I'm saying is, at present, the Temple of Ra alone negates literally all other positive aspects of STW and ruins the whole thing for me.

You are exaggerating

It is not hard, you just don't have talent

Also flippi,

upload_2016-10-6_21-12-13.png

Sorry ;_;

Hey guys, I've tried the mod again, and wow, so many things changed, and found out how to craft pistol bullets,
I've been playing this mod for a number of hours, and kind of liked it.

But sadly, during my gameplay, I've found a number of bugs aswell, which I've came to post here.
Here it goes:
  1. The dead body in the tutorial, that gives the fire arrows and a bow can give you extra arrows, if you hold the arrows in the inventory with the mouse, and then right click the dead body again.
  2. Crafting something while having a spear on the quickslot end up causing glitches, and if persisting, the glitch evolves, breaking the game, forcing you to exit the world to fix it. *I believe the same thing also can happen with other weapons*
  3. Sometimes enemies spawns inside the floor.
  4. I'm not sure how to point you, but on the shortcut you have to pay in sivania's mine (I guess the name is Sivania), it have a upper left entrance, upper right entrance, and lower right entrance, if you try entering the upper right entrance, you will get daylight robbed.
  5. Minimap resets upon changing maps.
  6. Trying to fish inside a instance will cause your character to stop fishing automatically after a few seconds.
  7. Crafting arrows makes you rich, aswell as level up crafting with ease.
And... A list of ideas which can also help improve the mod, or things I didn't liked much.
  1. The instances chests could offer more than just furnitures, and sometimes even offer equipments.
  2. Some places feels empty, having no opposition, like the way to the Angler's shack, and the way from the mine to the sea.
  3. It is really annoying having to move back to the main town, because there is no anvil, furnace or less likelly table with a bottle disponible on the nearest town.
  4. The game could give a previous indication when a extremity of the map will teleport the player to another map, got teleported twice by accident due to this.
  5. Mining leveling is really annoying, beside mining itself is quite annoying, were saved because of the instances.
  6. Some things could be diggable, like the strange plants.
  7. There could be a way of turning off expert mode.
And before I finish, I ask, does leveling combat influence on the weapon damage or how it works?
Because I'm above level 20 of Ranger and didn't saw any change.

I guess that's all from my report, good job you guys, and good luck on your project.

This is a very good write up of bugs and suggestions. I'll make sure to document this and we'll see what we can do. Surely we'll fix all of the bugs. :)

Now, your combat levels to influence the damage modifier of a weapon. If you hold CTRL when your cursor is over a weapon you'll see how much damage your weapons do based on your combat level.

@Kefke and @ProGamer: I'm sorry that you found the Temple of Ra too difficult. We've had reports from some users about the fact that boulders can one shot you. We'll be evaluating this, but keep in mind that a lot of players do like parkour and this level of difficulty in a jump dungeon is not as hard as it could be. The dungeon was very well thought out with plenty of checkpoints and shortcuts. Lastly, remember that we cannot please everyone nor should we be required too. I hope that you continue to experience the mod and if there is content that you find to difficult or not fun you let us know. We'll take that feedback into consideration on future updates, always. For example, there is a chance that we'll be making boulders not 1 shot players.

Last edited:
@Kefke and @ProGamer: I'm sorry that you found the Temple of Ra too difficult.
That is a massive understatement...

...this level of difficulty in a jump dungeon is not as hard as it could be.
Anything short of "instant death on spawn" is also "not as hard as it could be", so that's not much of a standard.

The dungeon was very well thought out with plenty of checkpoints and shortcuts.
I don't recall being able to find an alternative route that let me get past segments I found too difficult without clearing them first, so I'm going to have to say that you and I have vastly different interpretations of what both the word "plenty" and the word "shortcut" means...which by extension means I also contest your "well thought out" claim.

Lastly, remember that we cannot please everyone...
That cuts both ways. You cannot use it to justify anything, because it can just as easily be used to say that you should try to please people who don't like parkour, rather than those who do.

We've had reports from some users about the fact that boulders can one shot you.
When I triggered a boulder trap inside a instance, the boulder dealt around 258 of damage on my character.

And I remembered something, some quests in the mod, like the ones in the tutorial, it is hard to track their objectives on the quest log, it could have a direct way of showing the objective, like happens on the minecart track quest.

Everyone - please keep the comments focused the mod itself, and not directed at each other. Remarks about the relative skill and ability of individuals really aren't helpful and can lead to unnecessary drama.
That is a massive understatement...

Anything short of "instant death on spawn" is also "not as hard as it could be", so that's not much of a standard.

I don't recall being able to find an alternative route that let me get past segments I found too difficult without clearing them first, so I'm going to have to say that you and I have vastly different interpretations of what both the word "plenty" and the word "shortcut" means...which by extension means I also contest your "well thought out" claim.

That cuts both ways. You cannot use it to justify anything, because it can just as easily be used to say that you should try to please people who don't like parkour, rather than those who do.
@Kefke, this seems quite harsh. It's their mod, not yours. They are not at all required to make it fit your exacting standards in every respect. If you don't agree with their decisions on things, that's fine, but just move on to something else rather than attacking them for it, please.

I think you should be able to point out things you would like addressed without using trigger-y adjectives like 'unplayable', 'worthless', 'horrendous', as you have done in previous comments here.

How about reducing the potential amount of exp you get from Angler's fishing quests? Cause you can just spam his quests and quickly & easily level up your fishing level. So do something like reduce it by a certain percentage each time until you go fish on your own in new biomes? This way players won't be exploiting Angler's fishing quests for fishing exp. I personally like Kefke's idea of a djinn teleporting you to places on the map as quick travel and other modes of transport would be nice. A steampunk train or an early plane - the one which the wright brothers built? Would love some planes dogfight or some battle with vehicles or something, if possible. I wonder when will pets be added into this mod, I like pets and their own individual functions - light pets or pets that help deal damage to enemies and etc? Hoping for you guys to do a skill tree like the one in skyrim, it gives you more choice and variety as to what you want to be in a certain class than standard skill trees. Ah! I nearly forgot, is cutscenes possible or not? This could really make this mod a whole lot more immersive.

Completed all the quests, is there anything else to do or do I just grind my combat levels for when more quests are added?

Also, past the ferrousanguis (did I get that right?) castle with the cloud in a bottle and the magical leaf, you can make it over the pit that has the crimson ice at the bottom and it's just flat dirt, will there be anything there in future updates?

How about reducing the potential amount of exp you get from Angler's fishing quests? Cause you can just spam his quests and quickly & easily level up your fishing level. So do something like reduce it by a certain percentage each time until you go fish on your own in new biomes? This way players won't be exploiting Angler's fishing quests for fishing exp. I personally like Kefke's idea of a djinn teleporting you to places on the map as quick travel and other modes of transport would be nice. A steampunk train or an early plane - the one which the wright brothers built? Would love some planes dogfight or some battle with vehicles or something, if possible. I wonder when will pets be added into this mod, I like pets and their own individual functions - light pets or pets that help deal damage to enemies and etc? Hoping for you guys to do a skill tree like the one in skyrim, it gives you more choice and variety as to what you want to be in a certain class than standard skill trees. Ah! I nearly forgot, is cutscenes possible or not? This could really make this mod a whole lot more immersive.
So the Angler's quest is designed to be done once per real day, but currently we don't have the enabled and you can do it as many times as you'd like. When we release the MP servers this is something that we will want to ensure we have implemented.
Also, a future quick travel system is in the works. We just need to implement it too. ;)

Completed all the quests, is there anything else to do or do I just grind my combat levels for when more quests are added?

Also, past the ferrousanguis (did I get that right?) castle with the cloud in a bottle and the magical leaf, you can make it over the pit that has the crimson ice at the bottom and it's just flat dirt, will there be anything there in future updates?
Right now, the main features of the mod are the quests and leveling your skills for the quests. We are still working on content for the mod, so do expect more in the future. The fact that you are able to get over that pit is a slight bug which will be fixed in the future. With that said, there is a whole kingdom planned for that flat area!

So when I was at the Angler's place i saw that wooden chest i wanted to get it... so after an hour i got to it and it trolled me

Hey guys, I am Brazilian and I wonder if you are or would work doing the translation of this mod for other languages (Portuguese / Brazil) and if not for lack of time or inclination, I would help them doing the translation at least for the Brazil. xD

By: Tubneto

Hm... Spoilers ahead to report an issue.

It appears when I caught the Biome Goblin, the generation got stuck mid way when I entered the portal. Is that normal?

Also, I'm a little lost on where I need to go next in the Temple of Ra in order to get past a boulder trap segment. But I don't think posting spoilers would help here.
I had the same problem and I accidentally hit took a screenshot of it, but then deleted it because I didn't think I needed it. I can tell you that it was stuck on settling liquids and that mine was a crimson world.

Also is there a quest after you burn the bodies on the battlefield? Or is that the end right now?

Back
Top Bottom