Standalone Super Terraria World - MMORPG Style Mod - Server and Client Mod

Ok, I'm really upset now. I managed to reach the last room on the top of inside of pyramid without using shortcuts... and I can't open the chest and teleport to cloud! It's unfair.
Flippy, I didn't notice any suspicious things while proceeding to chest with bottle at the first time. As I said that was 1.12.1a and all shortcuts appeared properly after I passed certain sections (e.g. falling boulders area before snaking bridge). When I reached the chest I took several bottles, created several cloud-in-bottles, jumped to top right platform and entered the shortcut. I walked through dark tunnel to the left shortcut and appeared in the beginning of the level. Beams under the shortcuts weren't activated. I checked video walkthrough and understood that something goes wrong...
[doublepost=1476657280,1476656823][/doublepost]Flippy, thanks for advice! I followed your tip, trashed all bottles from inventory, picked one from the chest again and now all works fine!

I'll look into why you were able to grab several bottles from the chest, that right there seems to be where things went wrong in the quest logic.

i am finally on my weekend from work woot and have caught up on comments,
i agree about the Mining needing tweaking as well as the Crafting, Fishing, and Brewing skills.
so here is what i propose to both make them feel more relevant and make them feel more immersive:
  1. mining
    1. you need to make the mines separate, segmented off into difficulty tiers, quest bound (not recommended) or a mix of the three.
      1. suggested way one; just separate and tiered;
        1. explain how to make wood armor in the starter area,
        2. create a copper/tin mine area by the beach and make it have beginner enemies like slimes,
        3. then make an iron/lead mine where the current mine is and furnish it with like zombies, bats, and skeletons,
        4. next over at the desert have a silver/tungsten mine filled with worms/miner skeletons,
        5. gold/platinum would be in an open ravine style mine just past the f.s. castle or maybe under it (actually is FS or OF area supposed to be first because i took on FS first)filled with corrupters and other such guys,
        6. next in OF there should be a cave where the other materials like drip down while like (thematically ice golems but that may be a bit too hard) snowmen or something come out to attack
        7. for meteorite you *could make a rift to an occult work site open which has one passage to a meteor site (with martians maybe?)
        8. then you could have to delve into a deep ocean volcanoe to reach the helstone farm (hell creates + ocean creatures = tough)
      2. way 2; tiered and quests;
        1. still do the wood step in the training area
        2. make the first tunnel copper/tin and have some blocked passages, in one place a single explosive and a spot to place it so that you clear the path and free the starving miner
        3. once freed he asks for food, giving him food makes him reveal the path to the town by breaking into the cave behind the water crack he was trying to fix
        4. once in town you will get a quest which tells you how to adventure into the iron/lead area looking for some item guarded by an enemy (maybe a forge hammer or something which lets them modify an Non-prefixed item once for better or worse)
        5. after getting the item they tell you about the druid, you then go check out whats going on (trigger event but not able to attack yet)
        6. when you tell the town they remember an artifact hidden below the deep cavern and lower the rope to it letting you mine silver/tungsten and get something to help (band of regen maybe? plz?)
        7. when you find the band you discover a locked and chained door, you ask the town and they remember the legends but need you to go somewhere to find out more
        8. you meet a hermit (maybe intro guy?) and go fight for the key held by some boss
        9. the doors lead to a dangerous portion of the deep mines where you need to fight through as you gather gold/platinum and try to find the item of legend at the end (some other valuable all classes accessory or one for each class)
        10. after this you would fight the cultists and then probably find the next quest/mine in each of the other locations and such (SF and OF)
      3. way 3; mix 1&2
    2. another good option with the mining would be to make your levels effect speed of mining and range of mining more clearly and stuff
  2. crafting
    1. mount idea(make camp)
      1. a mount which roots you to the spot, it looks like a tent and can slowly be upgraded as you gain crafting items that were "left behind"
        1. at start it lets you craft tier 0 items (yep you have you stop and not move to make ANY item)
        2. in that first crafting lesson (or maybe a little sooner) you get your first upgrade item, this item needs to be crafted with the mount summon in order to give it a bench and access to tier 1 stuff
        3. later you keep getting items and forging them into better mounts which let you get better crafting options out of it (thus making the really annoying crafting trips a thing of the past
        4. even add a campfire and such for light regen while "camped" and spawn setting like a bed (maybe)
    2. pet idea (backpack/sachel/crafting monkey barrel)
      1. this idea is kind of based onthe moneytrough item, basically it is a pet which can hold on to crafting materials (Any item which can be turned into something else in Any way) and lets these items act as if in your inventory for crafting
      2. it can be upgraded to hold more slots by giving it special food which require a quest drop and a material crafted together
    3. light pet idea (candelabra/lantern)
      1. a ghostly candelabra from the pirate ship, it starts out as a very weak light but can be upgraded, hangs off your backpack
        1. each tier gives it more light and allows an effect
          1. radius:5, effect: light/shine --> 10, night owl --> 15, danger -->20, treasure--> 25, hunter -->30, ignore walls (aka like full bright but limited range)
    4. alloys and such (probably should finish my ore effects post soon to flesh this out more)
      1. i have another post i will finish up with suggestions about like bronze and stuff
      2. one thing to note that you did a little wrong, the 2nd gen ores are ALWAYS better than first gen unless you really like a specific effec on the hard mode ones
    5. crafting level benefits
      1. chance of percentage discount
      2. show locked items as if just missing the crafting material that is the level req.
      3. since reforges are determined in a D100 type fashion allow the player to choose in a variable range based on crafting skill
    6. make the first craft of any given item finish an invisible quest and give a boost of xp, after that all other crafts only giv xp at milestones like 5,10,50,100, 500,1000,5000,10000, and so on
  3. fishing
    1. make different baits/lures/rods craftable but progression based
      1. so like baits require different tiers of fish
      2. lures require different metals
      3. and rods are quest rewards or linked to quest lead to battle drops or something
    2. also add in a way to get the fishing outfit/accessories plz
    3. oh, and can you re-check the values and chances of different fish sizes? the tiny ones are more than normal ones and definitely the level bases are way off
  4. brewing
    1. maybe make all options available to put points into (multiple times choosing it will make the potion better and longer based on tier that you chose to upgrade) but limit crafting by both materials and crafting stations
    2. all item for potions should be made renewable in your home area (aka all should have flower beds, maybe you just need to process the materials in different ways [calcinator vs alembic vs retort vs ...] or traded in for something else)

oh, and on weapons you should make it like 5 options per class rather than the like 3, and re-arange a few of the current options, plus a few more classes you missed, so...(these are just the base types, the actual specific weapons may then add additional effects appropriate to tier):
  1. melee
    1. sword
      1. short
        1. short, fast, weak, low k.b.
        2. R.C. = flury of blows (many hits and higher effect chance)
      2. broad
        1. medium reach, medium swing, medium damage, medium k.b.
        2. R.C. = block (block some damage and deal some back)
      3. long/pendulum
        1. high reach, slow, high damage, high k.b.
        2. R.C. = whirlwind cleave (link spin attack but they are pulled in then knocked flying)
    2. spear
      1. r.c. = impaling thrust (they get stunned and don't get knockback)
    3. yoyo
      1. r.c. = around the world (pushes them away and hits fast around you)
    4. boomerang
      1. r.c. = vortex spin (pulls to the boomarang and hits fast)
    5. spiked shield
      1. r.c. = knockback charge (immune while dashing and knocks them over/back so maybe stunned)
  2. ranged
    1. bow
      1. long
        1. rc = super pull (power shot)
      2. short
        1. rc = black rain (cone)
      3. re-curve
        1. rc = locked gears (hold at full pull and able to move again)
      4. horned
        1. rc = back i say (rapid short aoe melee attack)
      5. cross
        1. rc = clockwork assemblage (rapid fire)
    2. gun
      1. sniper
        1. rc = head shot(target auto crit)
      2. machine
        1. rc = spin up (super speed fire after a charge)
      3. pistol
        1. rc = are ya feelin lucky? (auto crit)
      4. shotgun
        1. rc = this is my boom stick (use full clip in one barage)
    3. rocket
      1. rocket
        1. rc = tactical demolishion (mini nuke)
      2. mortar
        1. rc = M.E.R.V. (when it blows up it spawns more explosives which fly to the edges of the initial blast)
    4. slingshot
      1. hand
        1. rc = right between the eyes (guarenteed effect and crit)
      2. planted
        1. rc = live fire (launches YOU as ammo, you hit based on armor and weapon equipped as well as potions active)
    5. turret (yep this one Is better as ranged in This case)
      1. place and let fire (uses your ammo to summon)
      2. rc = blow up dealing remaining ammo's damage at once in very small aoe
  3. caster
    1. staff
      1. h r, h d, s s, l k
      2. rc = overcharge (blast of much stronger magic)
    2. wand
      1. m r, l d, f s, l k
      2. rc = River Styx (spell becomes a stream rather than a bolt)
    3. book
      1. l r (dryad style aura), l d, m s, m k
      2. rc = creshendo (words/symbols/notes speed up and hit everything faster)
    4. orb
      1. covers you in an aura (you can punch them/block them with Iron Fist like aura)
      2. s r (close aura), h d, F s, h k
      3. rc = cone of aura (blast of auric sheild hits toward cursor)
    5. sacrificial
      1. takes your health to use, blood magic is insanely strong but dangerous
      2. cursor target, H d, F s, H k
      3. rc = cardiac arbalest (target's blood becomes homing spines which damage other enemies)
  4. healer (each one is kinda like one of the other five classes)
    1. symbol
      1. ranged style
        1. charge up (saying the words) and fires the effect (and uses a symbol) in a line
        2. rc = holy aura (aoe lasting effect where it hits)
    2. sanctuary
      1. melee style
        1. makes a safezone which can push enemies back
        2. rc = mark of cain (damage absorbed durring sanctuary is released back out violently in a sheild rupture)
    3. leeching/vampiric bind
      1. caster style
        1. the dark prayer attaches to an enemy and drains it dry over time, you get dragged around by them tho
        2. rc = countless mouths to feed (attaches to multiple targets and allies)
    4. censer
      1. summon style
        1. a floating censor emits a cloud and/or sparks and/or liquids to effect the area it moves through
        2. rc = anointment of faith (censor is hurled toward cursor, it "ignites" for increased instant effect up and the cloud behind it (which does not normally fade for a long time) also ignites
    5. herbal brew
      1. thrown style
        1. causes a splash effect on the area hit
        2. rc = not the whole batch (drink the potion and gain massive strength to save your friends, but the after effect...)
  5. summoner
    1. golem
      1. knockback focus
      2. rc = golem smash! (knockback/up waves)
    2. bat
      1. speed focus
      2. rc = blood frenzy (targets until it kills a target, adds the target's stats to its own for time equal to killed enemy's health)
    3. snake
      1. effect focus
      2. rc = why is it always snakes? (summons a swarm of snakes)
    4. panther
      1. damage focus
      2. rc = T I double guh er ... wait ... (lunges through enemies and stuns them while hitting for crits)
    5. etherial armor
      1. balanced
      2. rc = etherial armament (the blades of the armor separate and make a spinningand homing wall of doom around the summoner)
  6. throwing
    1. bombs
      1. aoe
      2. rc = down the hatch (melee the enemy and make them swallow the bomb for Huge damage)
    2. blades
      1. damage
      2. rc = iron snow (throw a volley of blades which fly in parallel lines toward cursor [aka like a huge beam esk pattern])
    3. nets/bolas
      1. stun
      2. rc = razor wire (deal damage over time while stunned)
    4. hooks
      1. drag them to you or anchor them to somewhere/something else (normally every other hit connects things)
      2. rc = get over 'ere (pull enemy to opposite side until they smash into the wall then pull them to your feet [damage both times and stun])
    5. needles
      1. effects
      2. rc = sleeping dragon, rest forever (attack causes basically the medusa effect)

well those are my notes for now, but i Will finish up the ore thing soon, and i know i had more things to say but i can't think of them atm... its late
[doublepost=1476691650,1476691594][/doublepost]oh, also what do you need tmodloader to support? i know some of the dev team

I was thinking about reforges maybe u could have hammers made from the metals and each hammer is better that the last meaning copper would have a rather low chance of getting a good modifier and could be consumed after one reforge iron could have a slightly higher chance (but not much) to get a positive reforge and has two reforges before it's consumed silver could have a slightly higher chance again and have two charges and gold could have a 50% chance to get a positive modifier and has three charges

As I have now completed all of the content of STW and have had some time to collect my thoughts on it, I feel obligated to give a less hairbrained review/critique than I gave last time. So without further adiue, STW Review 2: Electric Boogaloo.

This means that the first part of the game after the tutorial is just a huge repetitive mining quest. As a whole, that's not really a bad thing, it's just made very tedious by the fact that the mineshaft area itself is so bland and uninteresting. The idea behind how it's constructed is fine, (horrizontal shafts with cave-ins that the player has to work around via exploration) but the whole place feels much too flat and perfect, some natural looking caverns containing ore, loot, traps, combat encounters, parkour, etc. running through and linking up various areas of the mineshaft would spice the whole place up quite a bit. As for the milestone thing, it could just be as simple as an npc telling you that you can't enter some areas of the mineshaft untill you have a certain crafting/mining level or, various mini-dungeons strewn about the mineshaft that require the player to be wearing a certain level of armor or above to enter, or the player needing/being able to obtain quests from the various NPCs in the town area (goblin invation?). Really it could be anything, just so long as it takes the player out of the mines for at least a few minutes when they've created their new set of equipment and makes them feel that they are progessing, that way instead of the player feeling that they have to go back into the mines they feel that they get to go back into the mines.

I agree with most of what was said, but huge comment on this portion. I actually didn't do THAT much mining. I mined enough to get a Platinum pick, but that didn't take that long at all. Then, I killed a goblin, found an instance and dug straight down until i found a rather sizable patch of platinum. As it stands, if you die (or exit) from the instance, you can go right back in, so if you happen to find an instance that has 2 or 3 easy to get to patches, you can easily clear 10-15 ore in a minute or less, exit and re-enter, and re-mine the ore. When I did this, I found that MOST the ore had respawned upon re-entry.

I'm not sure if this is by design or simply an exploit, but I would follow PoloarStars suggestion on spicing up the mining situation and block re-entry on an instance once the user dies or leaves, or possibly make it so the ores do not respawn in instances. My concern is that if users can get a dozen plat ore back to back to back, why run through the mines in the first place weeding through copper, tin, lead, and silver?

i am just tickled to death about this STW project I personally just fishished an expert campaing with my brother on terreria and my other games arn't doing it for me . I saw this STW and just had to try it im repeat I AM TICKLED TO DEATH Thank you! .......With that said i am standing on the hill from the boat at the hut and just finished harvesting wood and am jumping along with giddie excitement as i go.

I agree with most of what was said, but huge comment on this portion. I actually didn't do THAT much mining. I mined enough to get a Platinum pick, but that didn't take that long at all. Then, I killed a goblin, found an instance and dug straight down until i found a rather sizable patch of platinum. As it stands, if you die (or exit) from the instance, you can go right back in, so if you happen to find an instance that has 2 or 3 easy to get to patches, you can easily clear 10-15 ore in a minute or less, exit and re-enter, and re-mine the ore. When I did this, I found that MOST the ore had respawned upon re-entry.

I'm not sure if this is by design or simply an exploit, but I would follow PoloarStars suggestion on spicing up the mining situation and block re-entry on an instance once the user dies or leaves, or possibly make it so the ores do not respawn in instances. My concern is that if users can get a dozen plat ore back to back to back, why run through the mines in the first place weeding through copper, tin, lead, and silver?

Yes it's mostly an exploit due to the limitations of single player. By design, the instance portals will only remain open for about a minute before closing permanently. We're keeping it as is for now just so people have the option to speed along their gameplay as they wish in these early stages.

could the instances be progression locked perhaps? make several levels each of which only unlocks upon main quest type completion, each level corresponding to a different tier of weapon/ other such items?? that way you would only get access after having "proven yourself" to be worthy of the loot, you could even make the earlier ones still accessible and make some combat oriented arena battle style ones (have to beat the challenge to reach the loot or enemies in that area that drop specific treasure tables

so i die return to start walk through to get back to ore site and re mine to let it respawn new ore. Iron or lead perhaps may spawn in its place i assume this triggered after talking with old man?

i am just tickled to death about this STW project I personally just fishished an expert campaing with my brother on terreria and my other games arn't doing it for me . I saw this STW and just had to try it im repeat I AM TICKLED TO DEATH Thank you! .......With that said i am standing on the hill from the boat at the hut and just finished harvesting wood and am jumping along with giddie excitement as i go.

ok so i was a :red: and now have that all figured out ive got gold armor and alot of the mine dicoverd been a blast so far. mineing place to place is a bit repetitive but at the same time all the woks been done so i just got to get the loot . obviosly yu guys have been working hard ...looks great ive found twice now slimes spawning in rock and unreachable

I am on mac and I installed the mod, but when I tried to open the STW terraria.exe, it said this was not supported on mac. I tried opening terraria through steam,but it opened and closed. What is going on?

I am on mac and I installed the mod, but when I tried to open the STW terraria.exe, it said this was not supported on mac. I tried opening terraria through steam,but it opened and closed. What is going on?
Are you 100% certain you installed the Mac version?

To note, there is a Beta multiplayer available to Patreons, though it's a bit more limited due to still being in early production.

Back
Top Bottom