Standalone Super Terraria World - MMORPG Style Mod - Server and Client Mod

1. This is necessary for the game to work, as it isn't just the mod on it's own, it's the mod + Terraria.
2. STW automatically saves it's files in a separate folder - not sure what you're talking about here.
3. This is due to the fact that STW is currently in it's SP beta - when it becomes an MMO this will no longer be an issue.
1. There is the vanilla application, though. As far as I know file names should have no effect on what the executables do and I have seen other mods that did not overwrite vanilla Terraria.
2. The installer has an option for where the saves are. If you do change it, it appears to break the game, you cannot get ingame anymore until you reinstall.
3. I assume I will have to manually delete the world to make it playable again? And by MMO do you mean MMO or simply multiplayer capability, because I don't quite see what you are envisioning, is there a post on that?

Also

4. Will persistent maps be a thing?

1. There is the vanilla application, though. As far as I know file names should have no effect on what the executables do and I have seen other mods that did not overwrite vanilla Terraria.
2. The installer has an option for where the saves are. If you do change it, it appears to break the game, you cannot get ingame anymore until you reinstall.
3. I assume I will have to manually delete the world to make it playable again? And by MMO do you mean MMO or simply multiplayer capability, because I don't quite see what you are envisioning, is there a post on that?

Also

4. Will persistent maps be a thing?
The installer is not where to save to, but where your default saves are located, as this differs for different platforms.
Yup, manually deleting it should work.
Yes, I mean MMO.

I was thinking in multiplayer you can't have people mining and placing blocks when they just turn on that stuff you should change it so instead of all tile place and break have kill yourself also why would you need all item crafting unless people just want to mess around

I was thinking in multiplayer you can't have people mining and placing blocks when they just turn on that stuff you should change it so instead of all tile place and break have kill yourself also why would you need all item crafting unless people just want to mess around
Those options will be disabled in multiplayer, don't worry.

Is there posible to display a window that allows me to choose to play terraria or stw? Like this:
AAPBz8n

@devs, please consider investing some time into improving the installer if there is time for it, because right now it likes to throw a barrage of menaingless errors when launched repeatedly.

STW breaks so easily that a refresh installation is sometimes necessary and the error barrage, even if it still works at the end is irritating and unsettling to not-so-experienced users.

@devs, please consider investing some time into improving the installer if there is time for it, because right now it likes to throw a barrage of menaingless errors when launched repeatedly.

STW breaks so easily that a refresh installation is sometimes necessary and the error barrage, even if it still works at the end is irritating and unsettling to not-so-experienced users.
This 'error' barrage has not been reported by many users - could you provide some more details, and perhaps screenshots?

This 'error' barrage has not been reported by many users - could you provide some more details, and perhaps screenshots?
Just installing it and then installing it again make sit throw at leats one error, because it attempted to create some DLL that was already there, it's harmless but it's a really large(size) error.

http://puu.sh/tNXJF/53c821f67b.png

The other one was my fault, I accidently started the installer again after cancelling one too early and got a real barrage of errors, whenever I clicked one away it would throw more in my face.

Naturally running several instances of an installer is a dumb idea, but I think this behaviour should be easy enough to fix.

A lot of weird installing behaviour comes from the fact that I was helping someone troubleshoot, who could not install STW and this installer has caused me more trouble than any other.

Just installing it and then installing it again make sit throw at leats one error, because it attempted to create some DLL that was already there, it's harmless but it's a really large(size) error.

http://puu.sh/tNXJF/53c821f67b.png

The other one was my fault, I accidently started the installer again after cancelling one too early and got a real barrage of errors, whenever I clicked one away it would throw more in my face.

Naturally running several instances of an installer is a dumb idea, but I think this behaviour should be easy enough to fix.

A lot of weird installing behaviour comes from the fact that I was helping someone troubleshoot, who could not install STW and this installer has caused me more trouble than any other.
That error is actually due to the installer with multiplayer implementation being released publicly by accident, and should clear up once multiplayer is released.

Back
Top Bottom