Standalone Super Terraria World - MMORPG Style Mod - Server and Client Mod

So it is possible, or not? I've already finished all stw content so I don't want to go to game files every time I want to launch terraria. I gt an idea of renaming "TerrariaVanilla" app back to Terraria and "Terraria" (stw app) to something else, but I don't want to break it.

So it is possible, or not? I've already finished all stw content so I don't want to go to game files every time I want to launch terraria. I gt an idea of renaming "TerrariaVanilla" app back to Terraria and "Terraria" (stw app) to something else, but I don't want to break it.
Renaming the executables will work. The installer also has an uninstall option which you can utilise if you wish.

I assume that won't break it and if it will you can just change the names back.

1. There is the vanilla application, though. As far as I know file names should have no effect on what the executables do and I have seen other mods that did not overwrite vanilla Terraria.
2. The installer has an option for where the saves are. If you do change it, it appears to break the game, you cannot get ingame anymore until you reinstall.
3. I assume I will have to manually delete the world to make it playable again? And by MMO do you mean MMO or simply multiplayer capability, because I don't quite see what you are envisioning, is there a post on that?

Also

4. Will persistent maps be a thing?
Just to expand on question 3. We've written STW in such a way that you DO NOT have to delete the world files to make it playable. All quest related content gets set/unset based on your character's progression. ;)

4. Persistent maps are a thing currently, but not in the sense you are most likely thinking. We have what you called Player Owned Worlds that you access via portals in towns. Currently there are 2 POW portals, one in Sivania and one in Kriki. These worlds are persistent per player and you can build in them. They are meant to be worlds where you build whatever you want and invite your friends over to show off and hang out.

Ok but really is there a max stack for empty bullets?
Yes, I think it's been increased to 9999.

Just to expand on question 3. We've written STW in such a way that you DO NOT have to delete the world files to make it playable. All quest related content gets set/unset based on your character's progression. ;)

4. Persistent maps are a thing currently, but not in the sense you are most likely thinking. We have what you called Player Owned Worlds that you access via portals in towns. Currently there are 2 POW portals, one in Sivania and one in Kriki. These worlds are persistent per player and you can build in them. They are meant to be worlds where you build whatever you want and invite your friends over to show off and hang out.

Yes, I think it's been increased to 9999.

3. The quest to fix the mine did not get reset and I had to delete the world.
4. Sometimes the same maps(The GUI maps, not the game world) do get reset, sometimes they don't I don't even.

Thanks for help, but I have one more question, will the new update of stw overwrite my current progress? If I would need to do temple of ra one more time... :D

Last edited:
Thanks for help, but I have one more question, will the new update of stw overwrite my current progress? If I would need to do temple of ra one more time... :D
When multiplayer is released, players will need to create new characters, and start from the beginning. There are several reasons for this, but the biggest one is that player saves will be stored on our dedicated server(s), and not locally. Once you've created a character on our dedicated server, further updates should not affect your progress (unless we state otherwise in the patch notes). I'm unsure if the next update will be multiplayer, but if it is not, your progress will be unaffected.

Any spoilers as to what the inaccessible room in the temple of ra is? And also the chest in the fishermans lake the gift for one who mastered the clouds or what ever it was you could put a discount card and a an extra equipment slot for it because the next quest the viking one takes a long time to farm for money and cheaper bars would really help

So far I've only played the tutorial quest and I don't want to nag, but upon examining the corpse with the bow and arrows on it, it says 'succumoned' instead of 'succumbed'.
Update: upon entering an instance world I unlocked the 'Rock Bottom' Terraria (and steam, I think) achievement.
Update 2: I got stuck loading an instance world and had to restart ;-; Is there a place for official bug reports?

Last edited:
So far I've only played the tutorial quest and I don't want to nag, but upon examining the corpse with the bow and arrows on it, it says 'succumoned' instead of 'succumbed'.
Update: upon entering an instance world I unlocked the 'Rock Bottom' Terraria (and steam, I think) achievement.
Update 2: I got stuck loading an instance world and had to restart ;-; Is there a place for official bug reports?
We have a Google form for bugs: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd5lbdSF1vVEYA0UD-Ty2-S3pJ_npFM1WrRGCydHgRo_34rHg/viewform

Thanks, that was a nice easy typo to fix, so please nag us more when you find them!

The second issue is a know bug that we'll be fixing in a future release. As @darthmorf pointed out we have that google doc for reporting bugs. In a future public release of STW you'll be able to access it from in-game. Currently the game client that has this feature is used for our MP testing with our Patrons.

I hope you keep playing and having fun! And feel free to report any bugs so we can squash them. :)

Thanks, that was a nice easy typo to fix, so please nag us more when you find them!

I found another typo. The lumber mill operator Paul B claims he once 'faught' a thunderstorm, which should be 'fought'.

Update: Also, can I not make a furnace in my POH? How would I ever make red clay bricks then?

Update 2: The Ivy Chest in the underground lake is empty, and you can currently get to it without having mastered the clouds. Also, how do I get bottled water to train chemistry?

Last edited:
I found another typo. The lumber mill operator Paul B claims he once 'faught' a thunderstorm, which should be 'fought'.

Update: Also, can I not make a furnace in my POH? How would I ever make red clay bricks then?

Update 2: The Ivy Chest in the underground lake is empty, and you can currently get to it without having mastered the clouds.

Thanks for the typo report. We...shouldn't let @Flippi write these things anymore >.>

As for the building materials, we are still fleshing out exactly how we want things done. We will be allowing players to craft some items for their PoWs, but we also want other materials to be found or purchased. As we begin to come to an agreement on how things will be handled, we can start adding it to the mod. For now, unfortunately, you're going to be unable to craft building materials, and you'll only have what you find in instanced portals.

As for the empty chest, it was left empty as we developed a chest loot system, other than just placing items in a chest. We want the chest to be re-lootable periodically, so we had to write a new line of code for it. You'll see a few empty chests that you can open; they will be filled. :D The map does need to be altered so players can't get to it too soon, true, but until the reward system is in place, there is little call to edit the map.

Right now, we're focusing our efforts on releasing multiplayer, meaning we are not going to be updating the single player version anymore, so the chests will be remaining empty until we have released an open multiplayer beta version.

Thanks for pointing these things out! The input is greatly appreciated ^.^ Please let us know your opinions, and if you find anything else we've missed :D

The map does need to be altered so players can't get to it too soon, true, but until the reward system is in place, there is little call to edit the map.

Okay, I understand that, but if you were curious about how I got to it: You use a spear charge at the height of your jump to get to the roof of the Bait Shoppe, then you run using Miki's boots to the little high platform with the bench under it and jump off it: with the magic leaf you just make the jump.

Another question: Will all players in the multiplayer version be able to choose what 'core' they are playing, or does everyone play softcore?
And can I store my money anywhere? Why are there no piggy banks?

And in case you missed it in my last post: I wondered if it is possible to get bottled water somewhere to train Chemistry.

Okay, I understand that, but if you were curious about how I got to it: You use a spear charge at the height of your jump to get to the roof of the Bait Shoppe, then you run using Miki's boots to the little high platform with the bench under it and jump off it: with the magic leaf you just make the jump.

Another question: Will all players in the multiplayer version be able to choose what 'core' they are playing, or does everyone play softcore?
And can I store my money anywhere? Why are there no piggy banks?

And in case you missed it in my last post: I wondered if it is possible to get bottled water somewhere to train Chemistry.

Fun :D Maybe I'll just change the sign to indicate that you can't get to the chest without a movement item to assist you.

Players will not be able to choose their core, but nor will they be softcore. We are working on changing how death is handled completely. Once multiplayer first opens to the public, players may still be vanilla softcore, if the death mechanic isn't finished, but it won't remain like that forever.

I think you edited your last post while I was in the process of typing a reply, which is why I missed that question. You can buy bottled water from the merchant in Aysewell, and if I recall the vikings near the boats to Odin's Fjord sell it too (might be mistaken there).

Is it normal that I can only catch fry at fishing level 33 or is something wrong?
Edit: Nevermind I caught some regular Armored Cavefish now as well.

Last edited:
(man i hope this one gets answered)
dear devs, will i be able to play co-op with friends and more importantly, be able to host my own little steam server that my friends can join?

because one thing that mmorpg's often ruin for me is the fact that all the random players running around ruins the feel of "you are the one who will save the world" or something similiar. because hundreds of other players can go wherever you go even when in storyline only you the chosen are supposed to get there.

Is it normal that I can only catch fry at fishing level 33 or is something wrong?
Edit: Nevermind I caught some regular Armored Cavefish now as well.

Glad you caught something else. Fishing needs (and is going to receive) a major overhaul :D

(man i hope this one gets answered)
dear devs, will i be able to play co-op with friends and more importantly, be able to host my own little steam server that my friends can join?

because one thing that mmorpg's often ruin for me is the fact that all the random players running around ruins the feel of "you are the one who will save the world" or something similiar. because hundreds of other players can go wherever you go even when in storyline only you the chosen are supposed to get there.

It's true that mmorpgs are not for everyone, and I know how you feel from personal experience. That said, the plan is to only make the mod available on our servers as an mmorpg. At this time, we do not plan to allow players to host their own servers, and we will also no longer be developing the single player aspect.

We know that not all players will be happy about the mod being strictly mmo, but we are working to try and provide a pleasant gaming experience for all players, by adding large group, small group, and solo content within the mod. I do want to touch on your "chosen one" comment, and add we are writing the lore in such a way that you are not "the one who will save the world." Only by forging alliances and friendships, and working together, can the world of Terraria be saved ;)

Back
Top Bottom