Standalone Super Terraria World - MMORPG Style Mod - Server and Client Mod

STW_Beta_Test_Tutorial_Dated.png

Hype time!

Anyone ready for another round of multiplayer testing? We're changing things up a little bit this time. In addition to our Patrons, we will be randomly selecting 20 players to join us! If you'd like a chance to join the test, check out our Twitter page. Like, reply, or retweet the test announcement, and you'll be added to the list!

We look forward to seeing more players in the test ^.^

C6Hm2tcU4AARJdO.jpg

Hype time!

Anyone ready for another round of multiplayer testing? We're changing things up a little bit this time. In addition to our Patrons, we will be randomly selecting 20 players to join us! If you'd like a chance to join the test, check out our Twitter page. Like, reply, or retweet the test announcement, and you'll be added to the list!

We look forward to seeing more players in the test ^.^

Khaios you said in a previous post about changing the death mechanics I saw something on a minecraft server called wynncraft where you have ten soul points when you die u loose two and when teleport you loose one and when you reach zero you loose all your stuff and maybe progress. The penalties of reaching zero don't have to be that severe but say you die you have to loose a bunch of gold or maybe a long time consuming parkour map that wastes your time.

One other thing I found annoying is how far you have to walk to get places would it be possible to have a teleporters hub because the ships are just too few and far between (literally) I was thinking maybe a teleporters for each town and you could have it so when you get to a new town there is an NPC who gives you like a token that gets consumed when you teleport there and the first token could be free but after that the price is maybe fifty silver.

Also reforges. You could make it so there is a say 30% chance of a reforge and then a fifty fifty on weather you get say 10% more damage or 10% less damage just an idea

Khaios you said in a previous post about changing the death mechanics I saw something on a minecraft server called wynncraft where you have ten soul points when you die u loose two and when teleport you loose one and when you reach zero you loose all your stuff and maybe progress. The penalties of reaching zero don't have to be that severe but say you die you have to loose a bunch of gold or maybe a long time consuming parkour map that wastes your time.

One other thing I found annoying is how far you have to walk to get places would it be possible to have a teleporters hub because the ships are just too few and far between (literally) I was thinking maybe a teleporters for each town and you could have it so when you get to a new town there is an NPC who gives you like a token that gets consumed when you teleport there and the first token could be free but after that the price is maybe fifty silver.

Also reforges. You could make it so there is a say 30% chance of a reforge and then a fifty fifty on weather you get say 10% more damage or 10% less damage just an idea
Thanks for the input! Death mechanics is actually something we (the devs) touched on briefly a few weeks ago...as in I submitted ideas (flippi and cursedmoose will decide if they want to use anything I suggested). So, death mechanics are still in our minds. We know how annoying the vanilla death mechanics are in STW, where you can't just place a bed anywhere you please and set a new spawn point, so rest assured we will address it; though it will likely wait until we've finished developing multiplayer support.

As for teleports, we actually have a system already in play; it's just not very developed yet. Without spoiling too much, there is a quest where you find a mirror on a wall. That mirror will link to other mirrors in various locations, which you can use to fast travel. In addition, there are the boats, which we will expand on, and possibly other means of fast travel (I suggested a hot air balloon service once). @Flippi was supposed to have added an NPC to Sivania's desert that will take you from the outpost to the mountain (or vise versa) for a small fee, but he never did >:u

As for reforging, it's something that we will need to discuss further. I've already pitched some skill ideas to the team, which partially cover that topic, and I know the others have some very intriguing ideas as well, but this is likely something we won't address until after multiplayer development (maybe; that's the domain of @CursedMoose ).

Great points and ideas! Thanks ^.^

Thanks for the input! Death mechanics is actually something we (the devs) touched on briefly a few weeks ago...as in I submitted ideas (flippi and cursedmoose will decide if they want to use anything I suggested). So, death mechanics are still in our minds. We know how annoying the vanilla death mechanics are in STW, where you can't just place a bed anywhere you please and set a new spawn point, so rest assured we will address it; though it will likely wait until we've finished developing multiplayer support.

Can't place a bed anywhere and set a new spawn point, so REST assured

Erm actually one thing u said earlier about not being able to just place a bed anywhere and set your spawn? Well why not? It could be considered quick saving. In skyrim you can carry a bed role around but that is because you have fatigue but still. Maybe mid game they could give your portable bed where you can place down like well anywhere. Except of course like in the temple of ra and in the crimson place (I forgot the name) since they have their own nearby spawn places. Or instead of just chucking a bed down and setting spawn you could go a more complicated way and have spots dotted around the place where you could place your bed and set spawn. Those are just some ideas I'm sure there are better ones but that's the best I could think of.
[doublepost=1490398662,1490398494][/doublepost]If you did do this you could also have like special spawn places in towns and the other beds could be "hopping with fleas, don't want to sleep there" so there's no need to move or remove them from the map.

To be honest, the idea has popped up before, but we'll most likely be removing the requirement of needing a bed altogether.

We haven't made much work on the new death mechanics yet though. We are still heavily working on bringing multiplayer up and running for everyone!

So it means you don't have quite the gear needed for the next room. Your quest log will help you figure out what you need. ;)

Feel free to leave another message if you need more help.
oh..i noticed how to get out of the room :/

Back
Top Bottom