Standalone Super Terraria World - MMORPG Style Mod - Server and Client Mod

for some reason, i cannot play using this mod. i can create a character but the game just crashes upon clicking play.
1.3.5 has broken the mod - we're working on porting it as you speak. For now, you can revert to 1.3.4 to play the mod, as seen in this post:
How to get STW to launch whilst you wait for 1.3.5 support:
1. - Open this link: 'steam://open/console'. This should open the steam console.
2. - Paste in the following commands depending on your OS:
-----Linux: 'download_depot 105600 105602 1724598424009969555'
-----Mac: 'download_depot 105600 105603 5456929779685479800'
-----Windows: 'download_depot 105600 105601 7118084600027986257'
3. - Wait. This download can take a while as it's throttled by steam, and there is no progress bar to keep track.
4. - Eventually you will see "depot download complete" followed by a path. Copy this path into the 'Terraria Files Location' textbox in the automated installer.
-----OR manually install the latest STW to this directory.
5. - Run STW as normal.

so, the download page says its for 1.3.3.2 and the game itself when launched even says 1.3.3.2, even though i am definitely using 1.3.4.4, and its been said here that this works on 1.3.4, is there an update to this mod that im missing?

so, the download page says its for 1.3.3.2 and the game itself when launched even says 1.3.3.2, even though i am definitely using 1.3.4.4, and its been said here that this works on 1.3.4, is there an update to this mod that im missing?
That is odd. I'll be honest - no idea how that happened.

The last public release of STW was built off of Terraria 1.3.3.2. Even so, it is compatible with Terraria 1.3.3.3 and Terraria 1.3.3.4. That is why you can downgrade to Terraria 1.3.3.4 and play without any issues.

Edit:
I see you're having issues after creating a player - the game crashes.

This has always been an issue with not installing the STW Worlds folder correctly. The mod includes a folder called STW Worlds which contain several world files that STW needs. Ensure this folder is located in My Games/Terraria directory.

Please share a screenshot of this directory and the contents of STW Worlds if you are still having this issue, and we'll get it resolved. :)

Why STW don't Support GOG? I saw the mod gameplay, and i like "OMG. This is best!" But when i launch terraria in GOG Galaxy, it write THIS:
What i should to do?
(My Englich is very bad, sorry`:cry:`:cry:`:cry:)
upload_2017-6-12_1-7-22.png

Why STW don't Support GOG? I saw the mod gameplay, and i like "OMG. This is best!" But when i launch terraria in GOG Galaxy, it write THIS:
What i should to do?
(My Englich is very bad, sorry`:cry:`:cry:`:cry:)View attachment 173137
STW currently relies on some core steam mechanics to work. Perhaps eventually we will get it to work with GOG but there are currently no plans to.

I am getting an error when trying to install this mod. Image of error attached.

Attachments

• stw.PNG
    stw.PNG
    106.5 KB · Views: 156
I am getting an error when trying to install this mod. Image of error attached.
1.3.5 has broken the mod - we're working on porting it as you speak. For now, you can revert to 1.3.4 to play the mod, as seen in this post:
How to get STW to launch whilst you wait for 1.3.5 support:
1. - Open this link: 'steam://open/console'. This should open the steam console.
2. - Paste in the following commands depending on your OS:
-----Linux: 'download_depot 105600 105602 1724598424009969555'
-----Mac: 'download_depot 105600 105603 5456929779685479800'
-----Windows: 'download_depot 105600 105601 7118084600027986257'
3. - Wait. This download can take a while as it's throttled by steam, and there is no progress bar to keep track.
4. - Eventually you will see "depot download complete" followed by a path. Copy this path into the 'Terraria Files Location' textbox in the automated installer.
-----OR manually install the latest STW to this directory.
5. - Run STW as normal.

Why do i feel like you abandoned this project? I would really want you to work on it more. It has been at the same update version for about a year now. This is my favorite terraria mod/map ever and this would be great if you kept on working on it... so PLEASE... i would really want to see this done

Why do i feel like you abandoned this project? I would really want you to work on it more. It has been at the same update version for about a year now. This is my favorite terraria mod/map ever and this would be great if you kept on working on it... so PLEASE... i would really want to see this done
I can personally inform you that the devs are working on this pretty much every day.
The reason for apparent lack of progress is due initially to working on multiplayer, and more recently getting the mod updated (and refactored) to 1.3.5.
If you follow the STW twitter or join the discord you'll be able to see the posts and update spoilers, showing the progress being made.

What are you talking about?...they have literally worked on the mod TODAY. They are working their hardest to update to the latest version...they have no obligation to you, to me, or anyone else to update this mod.

Edit: Ninja'd by @darthmorf

Hey Nicko!

Sorry to hear that you feel like the project has been abandoned. :(

As @darthmorf pointed out though we are working on the project pretty much every day and I've devoted nearly all my free time to it! The last public version of STW was released at the end of Nov in 2016, but we had several private versions of STW released to our Patrons up until Terraria 1.3.5 was released. At the end of 2016 we switched gears from developing content to implementing multiplayer. We made great progress throughout the beginning of 2017.

When Terraria 1.3.5 was released we needed to port over due to some core updates that ReLogic made, you simply cannot run STW on 1.3.5. While porting over we decided it would be best to refactor our source code. The project is over two years old and a lot of the code was designed before we truly understood Terraria's source. That has changed now and so it made sense that now was the time to refactor our code.

We're making great progress, but it takes time and we only have so much because we have full time jobs coding for companies >__<.

We don't post often in this thread because it's much easier for us to use twitter, discord, and our social forum. For the latest updates I highly recommend following us on twitter. Lastly, if you're curious how our refactoring is going check out this thread: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/roadmap-to-multiplayer.57977/#post-1365123

ok yeah tahnks for the reassurance i was thinking that maybe this project is just not a thing anymore but it is nice to know that people are working on it!

The title of this post is a bit misleading since you don't have multiplayer yet and one can assume that you do by just looking at the title.

The title of this post is a bit misleading since you don't have multiplayer yet and one can assume that you do by just looking at the title.
We put it there so people know what the intention is - otherwise people assume it's just an RPG mod.

Back
Top Bottom