Standalone Super Terraria World - MMORPG Style Mod - Server and Client Mod

I couldn't find any part I might of missed in the instructions, but I did see the part about downgrading to 1.3.4.4, but when I looked at that, I couldn't figure out how to get the Console tab to show up on my Steam to downgrade it.

I couldn't find any part I might of missed in the instructions, but I did see the part about downgrading to 1.3.4.4, but when I looked at that, I couldn't figure out how to get the Console tab to show up on my Steam to downgrade it.
Those are the instructions you need to follow. I beleive at the start I explain you need to type the link into a browser to get it to open.

Time to share a quick update on Development Roadmap #1!

These past couple weeks we've been hard at work Refactoring a lot of core STW logic and code. We're pretty happy with how NPCs are and so we've crossed that off our list! Progress has been made on STW Items and Player logic, but more needs to be done before we cross them off.

While we were working on Item refactoring we've gone ahead and refactored our recipe logic - another item to cross off!

This week we also finalized a lot of our networking packets, server, and client logic! We've got more packets to work on throughout the rest of the Roadmap, but we're happy to cross of the first four items on the list with the progress we've made!

In case you lost track, this is how the Roadmap looks now:
Goal:
The goal of this Roadmap is to bring STW up-to-date with the latest release of Terraria while also refactoring core classes of STW. At the end of this Roadmap we will have a working multiplayer version of Tutorial Island again.

Estimated Completion: June

Break It Down:
  1. Runanable Client with minimal updates to Core Terraria
  2. Runnable Server with minimal updates to Core Terraria
  3. Client and Server connecting
  4. Player in-game on the Client and Server
  5. Port Tutorial Island Code to new standard
  6. Refactor STW Items
  7. Refactor STW Players
  8. Refactor STW NPCs
  9. Refactor STW Tiles
  10. Refactor STW Projectiles
  11. Refactor STW Recipes
  12. Refactor Quests
  13. Refactor Lore
  14. Implement STW Items, NPCs, Tiles, Projectiles for Tutorial Trouble
  15. Implement Tutorial Trouble to new standard
  16. Implement Skills needed for Tutorial Trouble to new standard
  17. Playable version of Tutorial Trouble
  18. Implement Database logic to save Player data
  19. Finish initial STW Installer/Launcher
  20. Patreon Test of Tutorial Trouble

We'll continue to push through with the refactoring and bring to you all a great version of STW!

As we make updates in the coming weeks we'll make another progress post!

Thanks everyone!

Also, make sure you're all following @Khaios on twitter to see the latest spoilers of Sivania!
[doublepost=1498524671,1496634008][/doublepost]Hello everyone! We've got another update for you all on our Development Roadmap #1!

As you're all aware a couple of weeks ago week lost our spriter, @Jestex (more info). To answer a question that's been asked a lot - yes we are still working on the mod. The loss of Jestex is a very sad to us and will set us back, but he worked hard on producing more sprites than we could keep up with. In addition to this, stopping on the mod would be an insult to his memory. When the time comes, we'll look for another artist to help us out, but right now we're just focusing on the work we have.

We also wanted to thank everyone again for the amazing support these past couple of weeks for Jestex, us, and his family.

Now, work has been a bit slow, but progress has been made - so we'll share!

The big updates that happened since our last post was the finalization of STW Player and STW Item refactoring. Terraria has a funny way of handling player's using items and we wanted to update that to allow for more freedom, and to make it so we can create more items more easily without messing with the base Terraria code - this makes porting over to new versions of Terraria a lot easier and quicker!

Now we can start implementing STW Items that are used in Tutorial Trouble!

In our last post we also said that we completed the refactoring of STW NPCs. We've now added all of the town NPCs needed for Tutorial Trouble. As we get closer to implemented the quest logic, we'll probably implement the enemies.

In addition to this, we've also started porting over the Tutorial Island code.

In case you lost track, this is how the Roadmap looks now:
Goal:
The goal of this Roadmap is to bring STW up-to-date with the latest release of Terraria while also refactoring core classes of STW. At the end of this Roadmap we will have a working multiplayer version of Tutorial Island again.

Estimated Completion: Mid July

Break It Down:
  6. Refactor STW Items
  7. Refactor STW Players
  8. Refactor STW NPCs
  9. Refactor STW Tiles
  11. Refactor STW Recipes
  12. Refactor Quests
  13. Refactor Lore
  14. Implement STW Items, NPCs, Tiles, Projectiles for Tutorial Trouble

We've fallen a little behind schedule and we still have some big tasks ahead of us, so I'd be lying to if I said we'd get done by June. We'll have to adjust our estimated completion time to Mid July.

Thank you all for staying patient with us, and we hope that you enjoy learning about the development. Let us know what else you'd like to see in these roadmaps so we can try to feed your hunger for STW while you wait!

Cheers!
[doublepost=1500865398][/doublepost]Wow, time flies, it must be all that summer heat because it's been nearly a month since our last post!

We are definitely due for an update, and so we'll get right to it!

This months main focus was getting tiles refactored and start implementing the Items needed for Tutorial Trouble. That's exactly what we did! The refactoring for tiles is complete and we've implemented all of the STW Tiles needed for Tutorial Trouble! This was a big task, but we're very happy to say that it's done AND adding new tiles to the game will be much easier than ever before!

We've got a handful of Items needed for the Tutorial done as well, we'll continue to add more as we push through the weeks.

We've continued with porting over Tutorial Island code as well, we've got about 1/3 of it done at this point!

We took the time to implement Mining and Crafting as well, two of the common non-combat skills!

There is still a bit of work left for this Roadmap, but we're moving towards the goal. We'll need to adjust our estimate completion date to end of August now. It's never fun reading about delays, but we don't want to release an unfinished product. Hopefully as we check things off the list we all will see that we are getting closer and closer, even if the date is pushed back.

Here is an update on how the Roadmap looks:

Goal:

Estimated Completion: End of August

Break It Down:
  5. Port Tutorial Island Code to new standard <---- 1/3 done
  6. Refactor STW Items
  7. Refactor STW Players
  8. Refactor STW NPCs
  9. Refactor STW Tiles
  11. Refactor STW Recipes
  12. Refactor Quests
  13. Refactor Lore
  14. Implement Assets for Tutorial Trouble
    1. STW Items
    2. STW NPCs
    3. STW Tiles
    4. STW Projectiles
    1. Mining
    2. Crafting
    3. Fishing
    4. Melee
    5. Ranged
    6. Magic
[doublepost=1505791273][/doublepost]It's been awhile since our last update, sorry for not writing post at the end of last month. Now, I must say we've made great progress since then.

I'll get right to the goodies, we've completed nearly all of this roadmap! Here's a list of what we've accomplished since the last post:
  • Finished Porting Tutorial Island Code to our new standard
  • Refactored STW Projectiles
  • Refactored our core quest logic - this makes implementing quests much easier!
  • Finished up the assets for Tutorial Trouble quest, these were STW Items and STW Projectiles
  • Implemented Tutorial Trouble quest using our new core quest logic
  • Finished the remaining skills needed for Tutorial Trouble: Fishing, Melee, Ranged, and Magic
As you can see, quite a lot of progress! This week we are focusing on some of the last minor things for the Tutorial Trouble quest and general QA. We are holding a collaborative STW Developer QA test this weekend to find any remaining issues.

Provided that our QA test goes well we'll be bumping up our first MP Patreon test to Sept 30th! So mark your calendars if you're a Patron for the tentative first test!

This Patreon test will be added to our current roadmap and we still plan to have a final one at the end.

As always, here is how the roadmap currently stands:

Goal:

Estimated Completion: Mid October

Break It Down:
  6. Refactor STW Items
  7. Refactor STW Players
  8. Refactor STW NPCs
  9. Refactor STW Tiles
  11. Refactor STW Recipes
  12. Refactor Quests
  13. Refactor Lore
  18. Patreon Test of Tutorial Trouble
  19. Implement Database logic to save Player data
  20. Finish initial STW Installer/Launcher
  21. Patreon Test of Tutorial Trouble
[doublepost=1510017510][/doublepost]Hello everyone!

It's time once again for an update on our current Roadmap to Multiplayer! Wow, it's been nearly two months since our last post, and let me tell it's been a busy time for STW! Right off the bat I can tell you that we've completed refactoring our Lore and we held our first Patreon Test of Tutorial Island since we started this Roadmap back in June!

So what else have we been doing all this time?! I'll break it down based on the work we accomplished before the Patreon Test and after the test since the test took place one month from our last Roadmap post.

Before the Patreon Test we focused on polishing the Tutorial Quest to make sure it was truly playable and meeting our standards. These are some of the things we did for example:
  • Add Atmosphere Areas in any area on a map where we can change the weather, music, or even background!
  • Updated how chests are filled with Items - our server has much more control so we can dynamically put what we want in whichever chests whenever we want.
  • Shops were updated to have the same update as chests.
  • Updated dialogue for our new NPCs
  • Made town NPCs immportal
  • Hero Menu started to get updated
  • Fixed a bunch of bugs that we found doing two internal dev tests.

After the Patreon Test we focused on fixing bugs that came up during the test, bugs that we couldn't get fixed before the test, and some new features that seemed like they needed to be squeezed in:
  • Lore was made accessible as well as having a new UI to browse unlocked lore.
  • Game Tips were made accessible with a new UI as well
  • Hotkeys were added to open Quest UI, Lore UI, and Game Tips UI
  • Fixed some more bugs!
So what's next? The big focus now is going to be implementing a persistent storage of player data in a database! This is a vital piece that will be needed moving forward, and we are very excited to be working on it! There are of course more bugs in our backlog that we're going to also be tackling.

As always, here is how the roadmap currently stands:

Goal:

Estimated Completion: November

Break It Down:
  6. Refactor STW Items
  7. Refactor STW Players
  8. Refactor STW NPCs
  9. Refactor STW Tiles
  11. Refactor STW Recipes
  12. Refactor Quests
  13. Refactor Lore
  18. Patreon Test of Tutorial Trouble
  19. Implement Database logic to save Player data
  20. Finish initial STW Installer/Launcher
  21. Patreon Test of Tutorial Trouble

When is this going to be compatible with 1.3.5.3? I really want to try this mod but I don't want to have to go through all the downgrading stuff.

When is this going to be compatible with 1.3.5.3? I really want to try this mod but I don't want to have to go through all the downgrading stuff.

That's the very reason why I'm not using anything with tModLoader....

I wish tModloader team, or Re-Logic, or both would come to some sort of compromise and get this stuff working again with the newest version. I mean, what happens when 1.3.6 drops? Is everybody expected to downgrade to 1.3.4 to use mods and miss out on a huge content patch?

I wish tModloader team, or Re-Logic, or both would come to some sort of compromise and get this stuff working again with the newest version. I mean, what happens when 1.3.6 drops? Is everybody expected to downgrade to 1.3.4 to use mods and miss out on a huge content patch?

People just wait as always until next tmod update arrives. Mod creators just update their mods and done. Also 1.3.6 doesnt happen until next year so theres still some time going.

1.3.5 support will come with Multiplayer, as the single player demo of this mod will no longer be updated. Getting it working with 1.3.5 would just delay MP more unnecessarily. You can see the latest roadmap here: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/roadmap-to-multiplayer.57977/#post-1381232

Not sure why you're talking about tModloader, as this mod has nothing to do with that; it's standalone. And as much as I'd love to work with Re-Logic on STW, they don't offer support for 3rd party mods.

I mentioned tModLoader because it has a similar problem of forcing everybody to downgrade, and it just happened to come to mind?

I mentioned tModLoader because it has a similar problem of forcing everybody to downgrade, and it just happened to come to mind?
Not sure this is true as nowhere on the tModloader thread does it mention downgrading.

Not sure this is true as nowhere on the tModloader thread does it mention downgrading.

Maybe they fixed it then finally? It's been quite awhile since I've touched tModLoader, admittedly. Ah well. Need to check into that, was kinda waiting on it, haven't really been playing Terraria lately much (partly because of that!).

Development Roadmap to Multiplayer #2

Welcome to the second Development Roadmap to Multiplayer! This thread will be use keep our fans and players up-to-date on what we are working on and how much work still needs to be done until we reach our first open beta test of multiplayer!

Summary of previous Roadmap
Our previous roadmap took us on quite an adventure of refactoring our core logic that makes STW run as well as porting to 1.3.5+. After the refactor we implemented the first quest that players will find, Tutorial Trouble. We had two closed multiplayer tests with our Patrons, one in October and one in December that helped ensure the quality of our work. If you'd like to read more about the first roadmap click here.

Goal
The goal of this Roadmap is to continue to port over STW content to our new refactored logic, evaluate any Combat Skill mechanics that need updated, and implement our fancy server transfer logic! At the end of this Roadmap players will be able to start in the Tutorial Region, travel to Sivania, and The Great Forest, and play six quests!

Estimated Completion: Q1 2018

Break It Down:
  1. Address outstanding bugs from first Roadmap
  2. Implement Lobby System
  3. Dynamically connect players to correct server based on previous game session
  4. Implement Server Transfer system
  5. Update Chemistry UI
  6. Implement assets for Mushroom Picking
  7. Implement assets for Miki's Delivery Service
  8. Implement assets for Minecart Madness
  9. Implement assets for A Dryad's Distress
  10. Implement assets for Temple of Ra
  11. Implement new assets in Sivania due to huge overhaul of the Region
  12. Implement Mushroom Picking to new Quest standard
  13. Implement Miki's Delivery Service to new Quest standard
  14. Implement Minecart Madness to new Quest standard
  15. Implement A Dryad's Distress to new Quest standard
  16. Implement Temple of Ra to new Quest standard
  17. Patreon multiplayer Test of Tutorial Island, Sivania, and The Great Forest
  18. 100 player closed multiplayer test of Tutorial Island, Sivania, and The Great Forest

Last edited:
So I installed the mod, and made sure it was installing to the correct path, it told me to just launch terraria normally through steam and it would launch STW, but I got an error upon launch,

"System.EntryPointNotFoundException : unable to find entry point named 'initSafe' in dll 'CSteamworks'
at Steamworks.NativeMethods.SteamAPI_initSafe0
at Steamworks.SteamAPI.init0
at Terraria.Social.Steam.CoreSocialModule.initialize0
at Terraria.Social.SocialAPI.initialize(Nullable '1 mode)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(string[] args) "

thats the entire error at launch, I don't know whats happening, also on a side note, me and 2 other friends were planning on doing it multiplayer, is there multiplayer in this mod, even if there isn't atm, what really would help a lot is a fix for this error a lot more than multiplayer. Thanks in advance for the help.

So I installed the mod, and made sure it was installing to the correct path, it told me to just launch terraria normally through steam and it would launch STW, but I got an error upon launch,

"System.EntryPointNotFoundException : unable to find entry point named 'initSafe' in dll 'CSteamworks'
at Steamworks.NativeMethods.SteamAPI_initSafe0
at Steamworks.SteamAPI.init0
at Terraria.Social.Steam.CoreSocialModule.initialize0
at Terraria.Social.SocialAPI.initialize(Nullable '1 mode)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(string[] args) "

thats the entire error at launch, I don't know whats happening, also on a side note, me and 2 other friends were planning on doing it multiplayer, is there multiplayer in this mod, even if there isn't atm, what really would help a lot is a fix for this error a lot more than multiplayer. Thanks in advance for the help.

The single player version of our mod (the only one available for download at the moment) is not updated to Terraria 1.3.5, which is why you're seeing this error. We are currently focusing on developing our multiplayer support for the mod (as the mod is intended to be a morpg), so we are no longer updating the single player alpha version. There is a work around to get the mod running, however! If you join us on our Discord server, then proceed to the #support channel, and click on the pinned messages, you'll see step-by-step instructions to get STW running. It's a bit of a pain the neck, admittedly, but it is only a bandaid fix until we get our multiplayer build (which does run on the current version of Terraria) live to the public.

We don't have an estimated date for multiplayer release, but you can check out our progress towards it here. If you have any questions, feel free to reply here, our TCF Social page, or live on our Discord server (Discord is the fastest and most reliable means of contacting the STW dev team).

Back
Top Bottom