Standalone Super Terraria World - MMORPG Style Mod - Server and Client Mod

I can't possibly miss this, playing solo is a thing, but online with other players seems like an interesting experience.
I'm in.

First Terraria MMO, yes?

And likely, only given how much time, effort, resources it takes to set servers up, do all the modifying needed to make such a thing playable, let alone actually good and fun, and design an existing game into an entirely different genre and make it actually worthwhile to play....

That's a lot of freaking work.

Honestly they should be getting paid lol.

I dont know if i said this before and if i did im an idiot but...

wiill this ever come on to Tmodloader?
No, STW is far too complex to use tModLoader; it simply does not support the sort of low level engine tweaks required for a project of this scale.

FAQs for the Open Beta
  1. What is a Super Terraria World?
    • Super Terraria World is an MMORPG overhaul mod for Terraria. Its goal is to create a full MMORPG experience from Terraria with hand-crafted worlds, player progression, and exciting quests.
  2. What is an “Open Beta”?
    • Open Beta means that anyone is welcome to download and play the mod. It is our first public multiplayer release of Super Terraria World.
  3. Wasn’t Super Terraria World already available to play?
    • Yes and no. Super Terraria World first caught the attention of the general public during its “Single Player Alpha” stage. In order to meet the goals of the mod, the team stopped all Single Player development in favor of Multiplayer development in mid-2017. The “Closed Beta” Multiplayer version has been available to those who have pledged on Patreon since October 20th, 2018. The “Open Beta” is our first public multiplayer release.
  4. What do I need to play Super Terraria World Open Beta?
    • You will need to own a copy of Terraria on Steam and have a PC running Windows 7 or later. We currently use Steam ID for player authentication.
  5. How do I download Super Terraria World?
    • On Feb 2nd we'll be updating the main post in this thread to a link to download our Launcher which is used to download and launch STW.
  • How long will the Open Beta last?
    • Our goal is to keep the Open Beta accessible 24/7 until we are ready to come out of beta for a full release. Certain circumstances may affect our ability to keep the Open Beta running, primarily server stability.
  • Under what circumstances will the Open Beta close?
    • If our server cannot deliver a consistent, high quality experience to the majority of players, we will temporarily take the servers offline until we can confidently launch them again. We will do our best to communicate the issues we are facing and when we can expect to resolve them.
  • Can I stream/record my playthrough?
    • Absolutely! And please, let us know where we can check it out - we’d love to drop by and say hello.
  • Will there be forced character resets?
    • Unfortunately, yes. Patrons who can currently access the Closed Beta will have their stats reset prior to the Open Beta going live. During the Beta, we may need to reset player stats in response to game-breaking bugs or data loss. We also may do periodic player resets in order to gather more data about early gameplay. In those situations, we will strive to provide a new and rewarding experience for all players. Players always have the ability to reset their character at their own discretion.
  • What happens if the server crashes?
    • In the event of a server crash, the team will attempt to restore operations as quickly as possible. Due to the size of our team and our other commitments, server outages may last for a few hours. We thank you for being patient as we get them up and running again. Frequent crashes may lead to the need to close the Open Beta. See FAQ #6 for more information on that.
  • This mod looks awesome, how can I support you guys?
    • Telling your friends, following us on Twitter, and chatting with us on our Discord channel are the easiest ways to support us. If you’re feeling extremely generous, you can also support us through our Patreon.
  • What is the difference between “Open Beta” and “Full Release”?
    • The Open Beta is still missing gameplay that we consider “essential” to the complete product of Super Terraria World. The three biggest being the Chemistry skill, a more complete version of our Sivania World, and the remaining quest from the alpha build. You can track our progress towards the Full Release in our TCF thread, in our Discord Server, or Twitter.
  • How do I report a bug?
    • We’ve added a few commands in-game to help report bugs. All three commands will open our bug report Google Form when typed, but two of the commands will also help assist you if you’re stuck in-game.
      1. /report-bug
        • This command will take a screenshot and open the bug report form
      2. /player-report-bug-stuck
        • This command will take a screenshot, open the bug report form, and teleport you to your spawn point
      3. /player-report-bug-spawn
        • This command will take a screenshot, open the bug report form, and teleport you to the world spawn point
  • Where is feature X?
    • Super Terraria World is still in development, and the feature you are asking about is likely in our backlog, but make sure to drop us a line on our Discord saying what you like about that feature and why you think it should be implemented.
  • Can I run my own server?
    • No. Like most other MMOs, Super Terraria World runs on a dedicated server to connect hundreds of players from all over the world. There are no plans to make the server code publicly available.
  • Where can I learn more?
    • Drop by our Discord Server and come chat with us any time

Last edited:
Need help, when I open the executable file for terraria nothing happens. The vanilla terraria still works fine.
STW doesn't release until the 2nd Feb. It sounds like you're trying to use and old version which no longer works.

You said "Our goal is to keep the Beta open 24/7 until we are ready to come out for the full beta.", but I won't be able to play for 1 week. Do you think that February 12 will continue to last open beta?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom