Standalone Super Terraria World - MMORPG Style Mod - Server and Client Mod

Me: Should I install it to play or Should I not, should I install it and play or should I not, should I install it to play or should i not..
Be glad you're on the "should" thing, I can't even install it. Haha.
hello, im trying to log in but i always get "no game servers are available :("
I've been seeying that kind of post since the server begun running the open beta, and they generally happened around this time, so I guess the beta runs from certain time until certain other time.

Wow, for a while I couldn't figure out why the Update button wouldn't appear. Turns out I didn't have a Players folder in my Saves folder, making one fixed it.

Last edited:
I downloaded the STW launcher but when I go to play the game the 'play' button is grayed out and underneath it says STW Version: Not installed... help

Right after making my character for the first time, and now any time I launch the game, I get this crash error.

DijgxaW.png

While this mod looks amazing, I was merely interested up until I saw the Disclaimer & Agreements section.

I'm sure you have no ill intentions, but.. Regardless of how petty this issue might look based on what we assume is collected and intended, and how it's used, it does set a standard.

If you are gonna go all legalese and try to run this like a business, with the "right to do X", you should respect the fact that end-users also have certain rights of their own. And that is sorely missing in the OP.

Basically, "We take all your data, no opt-out, no privacy, also we won't say how we use it or store it, also we will share your steam username and not a custom permatag period, also maybe other things like Patreon info, which is not specified."

Not only is that a red flag for anyone who values their privacy and wants to know how it is used, but that post even states "including but not limited to", meaning they could literally take any info whatsoever off your computer. Literally anything.

They say they *can* delete your info upon request, not that they have to. And "Gameplay Data" being entirely theirs can mean anything from ingame save files, to video captured of your gameplay - it's not specified what "Data" is. So as a YouTuber, I could get DMCA slapped. You'd be surprised how often that happens to youtubers.

They also of course say they're not responsible for anything whatsoever.
That means that you can't really be assured that your data or your files are in safe hands.

I shouldn't need to mention that this is definitely not GDPR-compliant and is illegal for EU use.

While I normally wouldn't care about things like this - If you want to make a disclaimer and be all serious and legal, at least understand that the end-user expects and also legally is entitled to mutual respect.

I also hope that if needed, ReLogic is willing to step in and say that they will not tolerate a user-created mod, using ReLogic's assets and IP, to enforce anti-end-user policies and methods of privacy invasion just to play a mod like this. This is not good news material for Terraria. It is in ReLogic's best interest to not allow use of their game in ways that harm what they stand for, potentially put their users' privacy and integrity at risk, or just generally feel scammy and more like unfriendly competition in the mod space, establishing anti-user practices as okay.

Point being, the OP should strictly limit and specify their rights and uses, and justify these.

(Btw you should also properly explain in OP how Patreon works in all of this, as well as the steam login)

Last edited:
I often noticed when rejoining (which I did often since it seemed to fix the lag) some of my stats would decrease randomly. It was easily fixed by rejoining so I didn't care about it too much, but now my level 28 melee got reverted to 14.. only this time it decided to stay that way. I think it's because this time I gained EXP for melee before I noticed the level? Probably a bug you should sort out.

While this mod looks amazing, I was merely interested up until I saw the Disclaimer & Agreements section.

I'm sure you have no ill intentions, but.. Regardless of how petty this issue might look based on what we assume is collected and intended, and how it's used, it does set a standard.

If you are gonna go all legalese and try to run this like a business, with the "right to do X", you should respect the fact that end-users also have certain rights of their own. And that is sorely missing in the OP.

Basically, "We take all your data, no opt-out, no privacy, also we won't say how we use it or store it, also we will share your steam username and not a custom permatag period, also maybe other things like Patreon info, which is not specified."

Not only is that a red flag for anyone who values their privacy and wants to know how it is used, but that post even states "including but not limited to", meaning they could literally take any info whatsoever off your computer. Literally anything.

They say they *can* delete your info upon request, not that they have to. And "Gameplay Data" being entirely theirs can mean anything from ingame save files, to video captured of your gameplay - it's not specified what "Data" is. So as a YouTuber, I could get DMCA slapped. You'd be surprised how often that happens to youtubers.

They also of course say they're not responsible for anything whatsoever.
That means that you can't really be assured that your data or your files are in safe hands.

I shouldn't need to mention that this is definitely not GDPR-compliant and is illegal for EU use.

While I normally wouldn't care about things like this - If you want to make a disclaimer and be all serious and legal, at least understand that the end-user expects and also legally is entitled to mutual respect.

I also hope that if needed, ReLogic is willing to step in and say that they will not tolerate a user-created mod, using ReLogic's assets and IP, to enforce anti-end-user policies and methods of privacy invasion just to play a mod like this. This is not good news material for Terraria. It is in ReLogic's best interest to not allow use of their game in ways that harm what they stand for, potentially put their users' privacy and integrity at risk, or just generally feel scammy and more like unfriendly competition in the mod space, establishing anti-user practices as okay.

Point being, the OP should strictly limit and specify their rights and uses, and justify these.

(Btw you should also properly explain in OP how Patreon works in all of this, as well as the steam login)

@ClearConscious what's your input on this?
No idea why you tagged a Pipeworks dev there at the end of your post. I'd just like to point out the fact that a) If you don't like the terms, just don't play the mod, and b) members of relogic have played the closed beta and given us direct feedback, and have no issues with STW existing.

No idea why you tagged a Pipeworks dev there at the end of your post. I'd just like to point out the fact that a) If you don't like the terms, just don't play the mod, and b) members of relogic have played the closed beta and given us direct feedback, and have no issues with STW existing.

That's not how feedback works.
The devs having tried your mod does not mean they sat down and analyzed and considered the contents of your disclaimer in detail.

If I point out an issue, you can take it to heart and learn from it, and potentially make your mod more appealing to those who find your terms unacceptable. It's as much criticism as it is feedback.
Your response doesn't ring of concern or interest, so it might speak for itself.

I tagged the Pipeworks dev due to the user role as Community Manager. I might have been mistaken to do so, but since this is a community post, it sounded appropriate that the Community Manager would be the first to oversee community things like this.

Last edited:
im having trouble at just loading to Sivania, i mean it just says that it took to long to load and then i can eiter try to reconnect or exit but reconnecting just does the same thing and if i try to reopen it, it says the same thing that it took too long to load and i dont know what to do ive tried reinstalling STW to create a new character but the same thing happens when i take the boat to Sivania, also ive been able to go there like 2 times but i cant do anything i have tried talking to the guide and the angler but nothing happens.

So please i really need help its unplayable for me,i just dont know if its lag or if the files are corrupted.
Screenshot_5.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_5.png
    Screenshot_5.png
    208.9 KB · Views: 331
Back
Top Bottom