Standalone Super Terraria World - MMORPG Style Mod - Server and Client Mod

Hi there. I'm really excited about this mod and I would really love to play it, but I can't since it's not yet compatible with Terraria 1.4 (And I wouldn't like to downgrade my terraria just for this one reason). So here's my question: As far as I'm aware about how much work You need to put into this mod to make it compatible with the latest version of the game, and as far as I know it's very hard to predict the exact date of the next update, I would like to ask if You would happen to approximately know how long could it take You to release the compatible version for 1.4?

Cheers!

Hi there. I'm really excited about this mod and I would really love to play it, but I can't since it's not yet compatible with Terraria 1.4 (And I wouldn't like to downgrade my terraria just for this one reason). So here's my question: As far as I'm aware about how much work You need to put into this mod to make it compatible with the latest version of the game, and as far as I know it's very hard to predict the exact date of the next update, I would like to ask if You would happen to approximately know how long could it take You to release the compatible version for 1.4?

Cheers!
The mod runs on its own client and does not require you to downgrade to play, as it does work as it is with Terraria 1.4, however there are a few visual bugs as it still believes the version is Terraria 1.3.5, but otherwise everything should be fine from what we have tested.
We are in the process of still getting a full overview when it comes to updating to 1.4, meaning we still may not know everything which will need to be fixed. So far I know there are a few things which will be fixed from making the client read the game as Terraria 1.4 rather than 1.3.5, however other things such as the custom armor the mod adds, will need to be updated manually by us, which will take me some time due to real life taking priority for me. I am unsure about how much code will need to be changed, etc. But if I had to make a estimated guess for the minimum time it would take before the next update for the mod is out, it would probably be around a month at least.

The mod runs on its own client and does not require you to downgrade to play, as it does work as it is with Terraria 1.4, however there are a few visual bugs as it still believes the version is Terraria 1.3.5, but otherwise everything should be fine from what we have tested.
We are in the process of still getting a full overview when it comes to updating to 1.4, meaning we still may not know everything which will need to be fixed. So far I know there are a few things which will be fixed from making the client read the game as Terraria 1.4 rather than 1.3.5, however other things such as the custom armor the mod adds, will need to be updated manually by us, which will take me some time due to real life taking priority for me. I am unsure about how much code will need to be changed, etc. But if I had to make a estimated guess for the minimum time it would take before the next update for the mod is out, it would probably be around a month at least.
Visual bugs, yes. Some of character variations are empty, like, I've got only legs and floating head. But the very first quest I've tried to complete gave me a crash to desktop with an error. After that I had to restart my PC, because Terraria has got broken controls, like I couldn't move until I pressed space in addition, or I couldn't jump unless I pressed space + escape, I couldn't open escape menu etc. So I assumed it just doesn't work with Terraria 1.4...

Visual bugs, yes. Some of character variations are empty, like, I've got only legs and floating head. But the very first quest I've tried to complete gave me a crash to desktop with an error. After that I had to restart my PC, because Terraria has got broken controls, like I couldn't move until I pressed space in addition, or I couldn't jump unless I pressed space + escape, I couldn't open escape menu etc. So I assumed it just doesn't work with Terraria 1.4...
Hmm interesting, I was not aware it was affecting things to that extend. I will let the coders know of this so they can get around to fixing it along with all the other issues which are currently present.

Cheers!

STW is not currently fully compatible with 1.4. You may install and run it as usual but there are numerous graphical issues and other unknown issues (like this crash). We recommend that you wait until we release an update making it fully compatible so that you get to enjoy the true STW experience.
Sorry, but there is currently no date as to when STW will be updated to work with 1.4 - large updates usually take quite a while for us to port to so don't expecting anything soon.

STW is not currently fully compatible with 1.4. You may install and run it as usual but there are numerous graphical issues and other unknown issues (like this crash). We recommend that you wait until we release an update making it fully compatible so that you get to enjoy the true STW experience.
Sorry, but there is currently no date as to when STW will be updated to work with 1.4 - large updates usually take quite a while for us to port to so don't expecting anything soon.
That's what I was afraid of... ^^' Alright then, I will just wait. Thanks for quick response :)

By the way, I've got another question. Even if Terraria has already met its final update, are You guys going to continue adding more content after upgrading this mod to 1.4?

Cheers!

Last edited:
That's what I was afraid of... ^^' Alright then, I will just wait. Thanks for quick response :)

By the way, I've got another question. Even if Terraria has already met its final update, are You guys going to continue adding more content after upgrading this mod to 1.4?

Cheers!
Yes, for sure! We've barely touched the surface of the content we want to add!

Can I play this mod online with my friends?
You can, however STW is not currently fully compatible with 1.4. You may install and run it as usual but there are numerous graphical issues and other unknown issues (like this crash). We recommend that you wait until we release an update making it fully compatible so that you get to enjoy the true STW experience. Sorry, but there is currently no date as to when STW will be updated to work with 1.4 - large updates usually take quite a while for us to port to so don't expecting anything soon.

July 4th, 2020

Greetings Super Terrarians!

Hey Super Terrarians, STW team here bringing you up to date on what's going on with STW. We've heard many of you asking when STW will be updated to be playable with 1.4 and what to do in the meantime. We're delighted that there's still so much interest in this mod even with such a huge update to the main game, and want to keep you into the loop of what's happening behind the scenes. Let's start with the technical issues:
When Terraria has a major patch, such as 1.4, we know there will be a number of minor patches following it. These fix many of the bugs that the major patch introduces, and so we
can't start working on migrating parts of Super Terraria World until these settle down. On top of having the the situation in which we're fixing 'fixed' bugs with a much smaller QA team,
there are often new features we need to re-enable or disable (cough cough Torch God cough cough). Keeping up with these week over week just isn't possible with our team and development cycle.

With rumors of 1.4.1 on the horizon, we're cautious to go all out on updating STW. This brings us to our 'big ideas', or what we've been doing in the meantime:
Now that we're forced to take a step back, we have an opportunity to re-assess what's working and what's not in STW. The things that we know *really work* are the ones we've been missing while playing through Master mode. When we heard that tModLoader was officially endorsed as the mod platform, we naturally started thinking about possibilities. While we still don't believe we can totally move STW onto tModLoader, we believe a number of STW features could be awesome as standalone mods. We'll follow back up with you all when we have some more solid plans, and please let us know your thoughts in the meantime.

As we crest into the 6th year of STW, it still amazes us how much support the Terraria community offers.
Thanks again for all your patience and support.

- The Super Terraria World Team

When I go to log into Steam I'm getting "Incorrect Login" despite it being correct. I can log in on steam and on Chrome, but not in the STW launcher. Any fix?

When I go to log into Steam I'm getting "Incorrect Login" despite it being correct. I can log in on steam and on Chrome, but not in the STW launcher. Any fix?
We've had a few reports of this - at this point it's unlikely to be fixed until the mod is updated due to the fact that 1.4 has pretty heavily broken the mod in other more significant ways.

i downloaded the installer, but when it asks me for steam login it keeps saying i'm logging in from a new browser and need to verify my email address over and over again. so i can't complete the install

i downloaded the installer, but when it asks me for steam login it keeps saying i'm logging in from a new browser and need to verify my email address over and over again. so i can't complete the install
We are aware of this issue but haven't managed to find a solution yet.

Back
Top Bottom