7. Installation Instructions
    1. Linking Your Patreon Account
    2. Installation Troubleshooting
  8. FAQs
  9. Credits
  10. Known Bugs & Workarounds
  11. Contact

Introduction

You may be wondering; “What is Super Terraria World?”. Super Terraria World (STW) is a standalone (ie, non-tModLoader) massively-multiplayer online role-playing overhaul mod. The primary goal being to bring a classic MMORPG experience to the masterpiece that is Terraria.

Official Trailer:

kdcROYP.png

More Information

A Link Between Worlds:
Super Terraria World encompasses a physical area far beyond the current limitations of Terraria world sizes through a new feature that connects multiple world files together. By walking to the edge of a map, jumping on a boat, or entering a doorway, you can be moved smoothly from one world to another. As STW grows, you will eventually be able to head in one direction, and through world transitions, come full circle, ending right where you started!

More on Super Terraria World:
STW brings you a different take on the Terraria you know and love. The most prominent change is that the majority of the world is static, meaning players will not be able to build or destroy tiles in most locations. There are of course some exceptions, as certain quests will ask you to place objects in specified areas, or clear out collapsed pathways, for example. However, we do not wish to to hinder anybody’s creativity and are aware the importance of building in Terraria. Eventually you will be given special plots; small, private worlds where you will be able to build, host friends and generally hang out!

STW maps are designed for exploration. Even though you will not be able to dig, there will still be expansive dungeons and areas to explore. We wish to reward exploration. To that end, we are currently developing a reward system for chests. To add even more depth to exploration, we have designed a feature which allows you to enter background rooms. Ever wondered what was inside a beautiful background-only build? Well now you can find out! Simply by pressing up (or in some cases, such as elevators, pressing down), you will be moved to a new area.

In addition to our changes to exploration, we have also altered how lighting works. Your characters will now emit a dim, passive source of light. This is to help exploration of unlit areas. If the passive light is not enough, you will still be able to use light sources, such as torches. However, torches will eventually burn out and vanish. Alternately, there will be some areas which will negate your passive light, forcing you to use a torch, or navigate the area blind.

A Glimpse into the Regions of STW:
Take a sneak peek into some of the released regions within Super Terraria World! Keep in mind that some areas may be kept secret for the time being, and there are many other areas still in development.

Ayeswell Inn:
7pbqBif.png

Ayeswell Mine:
2Kilso3.png

Ayeswell Vinyard:
muO8aH4.png

Bait Shoppe:
nX4cOZF.png

Corrupt Shrine:
NMzSNDc.png

Cultists and Dryad:
YXN8YFi.png

Desert Outpost:
QOgDJaF.png

Ferrousanguis Outpost:
HJ1Tbmh.png

Fossil Cave:
WsXvl0M.png

Guide Hut:
LxQytqb.png

Kitchen:
TZX0bDG.png

Mine Shafts:
vMDsErc.png

Mushroom Slime Biome:
TXUtmhb.png

Pyramid:
JVHz4b7.png

Pyramid Teaser:
XJ8114k.png

Sivania Church:
iiLRxaD.png

Sivania Lumbermill:
HpzHFAb.png

Viking Boat:
ryGTBMb.png

Dead Tree Village:
CCXcJSH.png

Coming Soon!

Coming Soon!

Player Skills:
Characters will be able to gain experience in a variety of different skills, both combat and non-combat.

Currently there are three combat skills in STW; melee, ranged, and magic. Each combat skill can be leveled up by gaining experience through killing creatures. Damaging an enemy with a melee weapon will grant you melee experience (awarded upon its defeat), and so forth. Increasing your combat skill levels will allow you to equip stronger armor and do more damage with weapons of that type.

The non combat skills include:
  • Mining: This skill dictates which ore types you are allowed to mine. Higher tiered ores will require higher mining levels.

• Crafting: This skill allows you to craft certain weapons, armor, accessories, and ammunition, as well as some quest items. Similarly to the mining skill, higher tiered crafting recipes will require a higher crafting skill level.

• Chemistry: This skill allows you to brew new potions using raw ingredients which you can find or fish from various locations. As you level up your chemistry skill, you will be granted access to the chemistry potion tree, which will allow you to pick which potion recipe you wish to learn next. Gaining levels continues to unlock points to spend in this tree.

• Fishing: Similar to fishing in Vanilla Terraria, though new and bigger fish will require a higher fishing level to catch.

kdcROYP.png

News
December 20th, 2020

Hey Super Terrarians!

As you probably are aware, with the launch of 1.4 STW was playable, but contained a lot of visual bugs.
Shortly afterwards, our authentication method with Steam for registering new accounts no longer worked.
The team decided to start a high level plan of migrating STW to tModLoader for when it is updated to 1.4 to see if this was feasible, because if we could migrate successfully to tModLoader, we'd have a lot easier time working on content and possibly release certain features as individual mods for everyone to use as they'd like.

Since then, team members have also been finding themselves more and more focused on other commitments. Because of these commitments, and the fact that we are unsure when tModLoader will be fully supported for 1.4, after a lot of deliberation, the STW team has decided to unlaunch our Patreon page, and shutdown the servers.

The servers will be shutdown immediately, and Patreon page will stay open for a month to help ensure this new is visible on that platform. Billing will be paused, so Patrons do not need to worry about getting charged in that month.

We know that for many of you this is not something that you wanted to hear because you've been either eagerly waiting to play since 1.4 was released or you've been a long time supporter and know how much more potential STW has. In good conscience though, it does not seem fair to keep you all hanging on the edge and have you wondering when you'll be able to play. So, for those of you that pledged on Patreon and would like a refund, please request one.

With STW shutting down, what happens next for the mod, and for the team? This mod has been a huge part of the team's life as it has been in development for over 6 years! We've had a lot of laughs and enjoyable times together, and it's been an absolute pleasure meeting many passionate Terraria players that built up our community and made working on this mod rewarding. But we've also had some very sad times with our original Sprite Artist, Jestex, taking his own life in 2017, and plenty of late nights as we prepared new content launches and debugged major issues.

At this point though, the team is taking this as an opportunity to step back and further focus their efforts on other commitments and projects. This means that there is no guarantee as to what will happen with STW in the future - even when tModLoader is updated to 1.4. We'd like to get back at it, but we'll have to wait and see the future holds.

If you'd like to keep up with the Super Terraria World team's new projects, you can follow them here:

Khaios

Flippi / Darth

Thank you for all of your support and feedback over the years. Without you Super Terrarians, we'd all just be Terrarians :)

- The Super Terraria World Team

kdcROYP.png

Social & Support

kdcROYP.png

Disclaimer & Agreements

• By download, playing, and/or running Super Terraria World or the Super Terraria World Launcher, you agree to everything in this Disclaimer and Agreements
  • This Disclaimer and Agreements can be updated at any time by the Super Terraria World Team

• Super Terraria World is free to download and play

• Super Terraria World is only accessible through the Super Terraria World Launcher

• Super Terraria World and the Super Terraria World launcher are only distributable by the Super Terraria World Team

• Super Terraria World requires a legally obtained copy of Terraria on Steam to play

• Super Terraria World automatically collects and saves certain information from you to provide a persistent gaming experience during and between gaming sessions including, but not limited to:
    • Your Steam ID and Username
      • Steam ID is used for User Authentication and Management

• Other users will be able to see your Steam Username
    • Patreon data for Users who link their Patreon accounts
      • Patreon data is not accessible to other players

• Your Patreon status may be visible to other players in game
    • Your Player data generated while playing Super Terraria World
      • You can delete your player data at any time

• This data includes is generally Public and includes things such as your Player Levels
    • Gameplay Data generated while playing Super Terraria World
      • This data is owned by the Super Terraria World Team
  • The Super Terraria World Team is able to delete all personally identifiable data of yours upon your verified request. Please allow one week for any requests to be completed

• You are not guaranteed nor entitled at any time to play Super Terraria World
    • Access may be restricted due to both intentional (e.g. User Bans) and unintentional (e.g. Server Outage) reasons
  • Super Terraria World Developers retain the right, at any time, to:
    • Mute you (restrict your ability to chat) in Super Terraria World

• Restrict your access to Super Terraria World, both temporarily and permanently

• Delete your Super Terraria World data
  • The Super Terraria World Team is not responsible for anything that happens to you, your computer, or your Steam account

• The Super Terraria World Team is not responsible for online interactions with other players

• You are free to create any content regarding, featuring, or involving Super Terraria World, so long as it does not violate this Disclaimer and Agreements
kdcROYP.png

Download

STW IS NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE TO PLAY

By downloading this mod you agree to the Disclaimer and Agreements above.

kdcROYP.png

Installation Instructions

1. Download the STW Launcher
  2. Run Launcher Installer
  3. Log into Steam
    1. If prompted, correctly choose your Terraria Files path; this is commonly C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria

2. If prompted, correctly choose your Terraria Saves path. This is where your Worlds and Players folder are located; this is commonly C:\Users\<Your User>\Documents\My Games\Terraria
  4. Select "Update"
  5. Select Play!
Linking Your Patreon Account:
  1. Run the STW Launcher
  2. Once in the Launcher, go into "Settings"
  3. Select Log into Patreon
    1. Patreon will require you to validate device - check your email for this validation
    2. After validating device, Log into Patreon on the Launcher
    3. After logging in, close the window
    4. Log into patreon again and now ALLOW access to your account:
  4. Close Settings
Installation Troubleshooting:
Having issues installing or launching STW? Visit the Troubleshooting guide: Installation Troubleshooting Guide

kdcROYP.png

FAQs

1. What is a Super Terraria World?
    1. Super Terraria World is an MMORPG overhaul mod for Terraria. Its goal is to create a full MMORPG experience from Terraria with hand-crafted worlds, player progression, and exciting quests.
  2. What is an “Open Beta”?
    1. Open Beta means that anyone is welcome to download and play the mod. It is our first public multiplayer release of Super Terraria World.
  3. Wasn’t Super Terraria World already available to play?
    1. Yes and no. Super Terraria World first caught the attention of the general public during its “Single Player Alpha” stage. In order to meet the goals of the mod, the team stopped all Single Player development in favor of Multiplayer development in mid-2017. The “Closed Beta” Multiplayer version has been available to those who have pledged on Patreon since October 20th, 2018. The “Open Beta” is our first public multiplayer release.
  4. What do I need to play Super Terraria World Open Beta?
    1. You will need to own a copy of Terraria on Steam and have a PC running Windows 7 or later. We currently use Steam ID for player authentication.
  5. How long will the Open Beta last?
    1. Our goal is to keep the Open Beta accessible 24/7 until we are ready to come out of beta for a full release. Certain circumstances may affect our ability to keep the Open Beta running, primarily server stability.
  6. Under what circumstances will the Open Beta close?
    1. If our server cannot deliver a consistent, high quality experience to the majority of players, we will temporarily take the servers offline until we can confidently launch them again. We will do our best to communicate the issues we are facing and when we can expect to resolve them.
  7. Can I stream/record my playthrough?
    1. Absolutely! And please, let us know where we can check it out - we’d love to drop by and say hello.
  8. Will there be forced character resets?
    1. Unfortunately, yes. Patrons who can currently access the Closed Beta will have their stats reset prior to the Open Beta going live. During the Beta, we may need to reset player stats in response to game-breaking bugs or data loss. We also may do periodic player resets in order to gather more data about early gameplay. In those situations, we will strive to provide a new and rewarding experience for all players. Players always have the ability to reset their character at their own discretion.
  9. What happens if the server crashes?
    1. In the event of a server crash, the team will attempt to restore operations as quickly as possible. Due to the size of our team and our other commitments, server outages may last for a few hours. We thank you for being patient as we get them up and running again. Frequent crashes may lead to the need to close the Open Beta. See FAQ #6 for more information on that.
  10. What does this mean for Patrons pledging for the beta access?
    1. See our Patreon Update/FAQ here: <link to Patreon post>
  11. This mod looks awesome, how can I support you guys?
    1. Telling your friends, following us on Twitter, and chatting with us on our Discord channel are the easiest ways to support us. If you’re feeling extremely generous, you can also support us through our Patreon.
  12. What is the difference between “Open Beta” and “Full Release”?
    1. The Open Beta is still missing gameplay that we consider “essential” to the complete product of Super Terraria World. The three biggest being the Chemistry skill, a more complete version of our Sivania World, and <something else?>. You can track our progress towards the Full Release here: <link to Roadmaps>
  13. How do I report a bug?
    1. We’ve added a few commands in-game to help report bugs. All three commands will open our bug report Google Formwhen typed, but two of the commands will also help assist you if you’re stuck in-game.
      1. /report-bug
        1. This command will take a screenshot and open the bug report form
      2. /player-report-bug-stuck
        1. This command will take a screenshot, open the bug report form, and teleport you to your spawn point
      3. /player-report-bug-spawn will take a screenshot, open the bug report form, and teleport you to the world spawn point
  14. Where is feature X?
    1. Super Terraria World is still in development, and the feature you are asking about is likely in our backlog, but make sure to drop us a line on our Discord saying what you like about that feature and why you think it should be implemented.
  15. Can I run my own server?
    1. No. Like most other MMOs, Super Terraria World runs on a dedicated server to connect hundreds of players from all over the world. There are no plans to make the server code publicly available.
  16. Where can I learn more?
    1. Drop by our Discord Server and come chat with us any time.
kdcROYP.png

Credits

The STW Dev Team:
@CursedMoose: Gameplay Design lead, Software Engineer
@darthmorf: Launcher and Bot Guru, Computer Science Major
@Flippi: Project Lead, Software Engineer
@Khaios: Lead World Designer and Builder

The STW Artists:
@Akuma: Fancy Release Banners
@Chi Ken: Pixel Transformer (Sprites)

A Very Special Thanks To:
  • All of our amazing Patreon donors and supporters for enabling this project to exist
  • Re-Logic for creating the base game, Terraria
  • The Terraria Forum Administrators, Staff and Community
  • @Yoraiz0r for helping us wrestle with Terraria's Codebase
  • Cherrycake4 for creating our amazing trailer, far before the game was actually that cool
  • @ChippyGaming, @Pedguin, @BlueJay_T_Gaming, @HappyDays, and all the other content creators who record or stream their Super Terraria World gameplay, which always leads to great feedback
  • The Terraria Wiki administrators and staff for helping us set up our very own wiki on gamepedia
  • The Terraria Subreddit Community
The official Terraria Forum Community
The Terraria Subreddit Community

Past Members:
@Jestex: PHENOMENAL Pixel Artist
@oSIVo - Original Sivania World Designer

kdcROYP.png

Known Bugs & Workarounds
Bug: Chemistry Menu expands off screen
Workaround: Set your UI Scaling down to 100%

kdcROYP.png

Contact

Media: Direct Message on Twitter
Non-Media: This Forum/The STW Discord/The STW Twitter

Last edited:
very interesting, dont forget to make a summoner class to, its often overlooked

The summoner class currently is part of the mage class. As the game stands, I don't think the summoner items are enough to make it a full skill. Perhaps after the mod is released I can look into adding new items for the summoner class.

This seems really ambitious, but I can see it happening. Good luck!

Thank you! I've got a lot of the core features already implemented. I hope to start alpha testing within the upcoming weeks! One of the biggest issues I am having is actually finding someone to help me make the static world. I cannot code and work on the map at the same time, plus I am not as artsy and good as many other players. I'd love to recruit someone. So if anyone is willing to just let me know!

Some need a pro map maker? I'm your guy.

Give me some starting stats you need, and I'll get it built.

(example - what size map; what biomes; any specifics on prebuilt buildings, villages or npcs)

For the multiple maps, how many and full layout would be useful as well. We can discuss that more here too.

Some need a pro map maker? I'm your guy.

Give me some starting stats you need, and I'll get it built.

(example - what size map; what biomes; any specifics on prebuilt buildings, villages or npcs)

For the multiple maps, how many and full layout would be useful as well. We can discuss that more here too.

Thank you so much!

I've actually started the first map, would love to have some help finishing it off for the alpha test. I imagine three maps in total right now ( for beta+ release), but because of the my new code the worlds can be infinitely tied together. I've also already written up a document that explains the first world. Send me a PM of your steam ID maybe and we can chat about it easier, and I'll be able to share with you what I've got so far.

Last edited:
I suppose crafting different items requires levels of exp, but there are a couple thousand items, how would you add exp for them all? By category?

Can't wait. I don't think there's too many leveling mods that level up certain stats based on use of those stats.

I look forward to this mod's development.
Me too! I'll be making a new weekly update post in reddit soon! (should be today or tomorrow).

Oh very good mod indeed!
Thanks!

I suppose crafting different items requires levels of exp, but there are a couple thousand items, how would you add exp for them all? By category?
Crafting items are based on their base item. For example a lead pickaxe needs lead bars and wood to make. If you don't have a high enough crafting level you won't be able to use lead bars. If you do have a high enough level to use lead bars then each lead bar gives X amount of XP.

Can't wait. I don't think there's too many leveling mods that level up certain stats based on use of those stats.
I was thinking the same thing when making this :p I think a lot of people will like it :)

Me too! I'll be making a new weekly update post in reddit soon! (should be today or tomorrow).

Crafting items are based on their base item. For example a lead pickaxe needs lead bars and wood to make. If you don't have a high enough crafting level you won't be able to use lead bars. If you do have a high enough level to use lead bars then each lead bar gives X amount of XP.

Also, please reduce the possibility player will abuse or spam stuffs to increase skill.

Also, please reduce the possibility player will abuse or spam stuffs to increase skill.

I will be having a closed alpha test, closed beta test, and open beta test to help with this. Is there anything that particularly comes to your mind that can be abused/spammed to increase skills? Maybe it's something I haven't thought of yet, and therefore I can address now.

I of course will also be making updates post-release which will always include bug fixes, nerfs/buffs as needed, and of course new content.

I will be having a closed alpha test, closed beta test, and open beta test to help with this. Is there anything that particularly comes to your mind that can be abused/spammed to increase skills? Maybe it's something I haven't thought of yet, and therefore I can address now.

I of course will also be making updates post-release which will always include bug fixes, nerfs/buffs as needed, and of course new content.
Well i haven't tried it yet.
But if there are crafting skill. And when you convert Dirt -> Dirt Wall and Dirt Wall -> Dirt, sounds easy enough to level things up.
Same thing with grinding statues.

Well i haven't tried it yet.
But if there are crafting skill. And when you convert Dirt -> Dirt Wall and Dirt Wall -> Dirt, sounds easy enough to level things up.
Same thing with grinding statues.

You won't be able to craft Dirt -> Dirt Wall and Dirt Wall -> Dirt because those items have no use in this mod because the world is going to be static. Likewise with furniture and other building materials.
Check out this document: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17BovNCizjJCkKw_jH_sWyFkwaAqHC7Saf99xxO9V03I/edit#gid=0
All of the craftable items are in that document ( accessories to be added later ).

This would work only on small servers however because the landscape will be stripped of everything.
I love the idea for small servers and I might even use it sometimes, support!

Love the idea it would be a great server mod especially for small pvp servers. It helps keep the adventure in the game without all the hidden chest giving everyone terra blades like some servers.

This would work only on small servers however because the landscape will be stripped of everything.
I love the idea for small servers and I might even use it sometimes, support!

That actually won't be the case with the mod. There is a "cave-in" feature which fills in caves with ore and dirt so you don't run out! :)

Love the idea it would be a great server mod especially for small pvp servers. It helps keep the adventure in the game without all the hidden chest giving everyone terra blades like some servers.

I will be including pvp in a future release, but there are no plans to have complete support of pvp in the original release.

Back
Top Bottom