Standalone Super Terraria World - MMORPG Style Mod - Server and Client Mod

As long as I have the coding done correctly, no. Only tunnels should get caved-in.
Alright then!
Consider making so it won't cave in places that have background walls to save places like spider nests, gem caves, and all types of structures.
A few more questions:
What about hardmode ore? It appears when you break demon altars, not when the world generates.
Will there be a quest line of some sort?
Will you get certain perks if you manage to get to certain level in some skills?
Will you be adding new content like weapons, tools, armors, NPCs, mobs, etc...?
Will there be newly generated building across the world like, for instance, an underground castle full of treasure and traps?
Will there be new events? Like new invasions, new moon types, etc...?

Alright then!
Consider making so it won't cave in places that have background walls to save places like spider nests, gem caves, and all types of structures.

The cave ins will only happen in designated areas throughout tunnel the tunnel systems. I won't impede structures. Something to keep in mind is that I, actually Siv, will be making static maps to play this mod on.

A few more questions:
What about hardmode ore? It appears when you break demon altars, not when the world generates.
Not anymore in this mod. There will be hardmode maps that have the ore spawn overtime - the rates will be slower than pre-hardmode ores.

Will there be a quest line of some sort?
I have started writing down a story for this, but I don't see a main quest line being implemented until well after the release.
I do want to have 1-3 quests/tasks/puzzles for the initial release. The rewards will probably be accessory items that you normally find in chests.

Will you get certain perks if you manage to get to certain level in some skills?
In the combat skills your damage will increase. In the non-combat skills like mining and crafting you will be able to mine higher tiered ore as well as craft higher tiered armor.

Will you be adding new content like weapons, tools, armors, NPCs, mobs, etc...?
For initial release and probably for a short while after I do not see myself adding new weapons, tools, or armors. I do want to add new NPCs and mobs. For example I see you have a better desert biome thread - I am planning something like this for initial release of the mod. If those are your own sprites maybe we can end up using them for the mod :)

Will there be newly generated building across the world like, for instance, an underground castle full of treasure and traps?
The answer to this is yes and no. There will be new buildings across the world, but they will not be randomly generated. Siv is making static worlds, this will include custom made buildings/dungeons/temples.

Will there be new events? Like new invasions, new moon types, etc...?
Currently not planning any, but I see no reason in why not adding some I can make it work :)

Ahh ok, thank you for answering the questions.
About the sprites, some are mine while some are not. There are credits at the bottom of the post if the sprite you are interested in is not mine.

The answer to this is yes and no. There will be new buildings across the world, but they will not be randomly generated. Siv is making static worlds, this will include custom made buildings/dungeons/temples.

And you won't be disappointed in the buildings...

Status update: spawn area, guide hut, mountain, most tunnels and mining village are almost done

Still finishing out the tunnels, and adding the "floor". Then will proceed with the areas beyond the mining village.

Status update: spawn area, guide hut, mountain, most tunnels and mining village are almost done

Still finishing out the tunnels, and adding the "floor". Then will proceed with the areas beyond the mining village.

Sweet. Been following this thread since TO. And now that a world is almost ready it's taking a step closer to open beta. I doubt I'd end up in alpha or closed beta.

I though about something
Since the map will be man made, consider adding secrets here and there and create certain challenges.
Also add taps and stuff EVERYWHERE!

I have no doubt about that :). Thanks for the status updated!

Sweet. Been following this thread since TO. And now that a world is almost ready it's taking a step closer to open beta. I doubt I'd end up in alpha or closed beta.

Thanks for following! I'll probably be making a post in the Terraria Subreddit for when we do the alpha test. I'll post here when I do. When I do please reply and who knows maybe you will make it in!

I though about something
Since the map will be man made, consider adding secrets here and there and create certain challenges.
Also add taps and stuff EVERYWHERE!

I have no doubt that Siv will do a great job :)

You should change the name because this:
Super_Mario_World_Coverart.png

Hmmm... what kinds of challenges would you like?
It's not about what I like, its about challenging everyone.
You know, place some hand crafted traps, hide some secrets around the map, make certain places unreachable until you are lvl X at something...
Use your imagination ;)
Speaking about traps, I recommend adding some sort of invisible wires/actuators/pressure plates to trigger certain traps so the player will not be able to predict them.

You should change the name because this:
Super_Mario_World_Coverart.png

This is exactly where I got the inspiration for the name... Why would I change it? xD

It's not about what I like, its about challenging everyone.
You know, place some hand crafted traps, hide some secrets around the map, make certain places unreachable until you are lvl X at something...
Use your imagination ;)
Speaking about traps, I recommend adding some sort of invisible wires/actuators/pressure plates to trigger certain traps so the player will not be able to predict them.

There are going to be specific dungeons that are all about traps and secrets. There also will dugeons/maps/regions that you cannot access until you are a certain level. For example a hardmode server will require lvl 40 in either melee, range, or magic.

Wait, Terraria with MMORPG ? I'm not into that, I was interested in the mod because of the leveling system but when I saw MMORPG, it just broke it for me :/

Wait, Terraria with MMORPG ? I'm not into that, I was interested in the mod because of the leveling system but when I saw MMORPG, it just broke it for me :/

I would like to make this a single player mod also where the leveling system is just in place. I plan to do this in the future though. Hopefully we can still get you on the server though!

You know, you could host your own server and play there alone... (As far as I can tell)

I will be giving out the client for people to play on, but I don't want to release my server plugin... at least for a while you will only be able to play on my servers.

I would like to make this a single player mod also where the leveling system is just in place. I plan to do this in the future though. Hopefully we can still get you on the server though!

I will be giving out the client for people to play on, but I don't want to release my server plugin... at least for a while you will only be able to play on my servers.
Considering your server MAY get full or occasionally fall due to technical difficulties, you should at least consider opening more then one server.
Also, if this is purely multiplier, how will my storage be handled? Does that means anyone could take my stuff if I were to leave a chest with some items?

Considering your server MAY get full or occasionally fall due to technical difficulties, you should at least consider opening more then one server.
Also, if this is purely multiplier, how will my storage be handled? Does that means anyone could take my stuff if I were to leave a chest with some items?

I do plan to have multiple servers to tackle that. You will also have your own personal storage via the safe and the piggy bank. I will be looking into creating more space for both of these items, but remember that since you cannot build things you won't need as much space to store things.

I do plan to have multiple servers to tackle that. You will also have your own personal storage via the safe and the piggy bank. I will be looking into creating more space for both of these items, but remember that since you cannot build things you won't need as much space to store things.
2 chests is still not enough for anything...
There will need to be a lot more then 2 storage chests.

Back
Top Bottom