Standalone Super Terraria World - MMORPG Style Mod - Server and Client Mod

Right, I want them to store more items than a normal chest does though. Don't worry we'll figure everything out :)
What other major features will there be?
Also I though about something.
What if you were to make 3 servers, each one running a different world which can be accessed from the main world?
You know, like going to the edge of one world will transfer you to another server which is another part of the general map.
Example:
wuTJJRs.png

Each section would have its unique stuff and it would give you the possibility to add much more to the game.

What other major features will there be?
Also I though about something.
What if you were to make 3 servers, each one running a different world which can be accessed from the main world?
You know, like going to the edge of one world will transfer you to another server which is another part of the general map.
Example:
wuTJJRs.png

Each section would have its unique stuff and it would give you the possibility to add much more to the game.

I love this illustration! :D

I actually already have this implemented. It's one of the core features. Maybe I didn't stress that enough in the original post? I plan to have about 1-2 biomes per server, with new biome features/dungeons added - Siv is working hard on making custom maps for me. You will automatically connect to the next server as you reach the edge of a map. We'll hopefully have a lot of the first one done here in a week or so. :)

I love this illustration! :D

I actually already have this implemented. It's one of the core features. Maybe I didn't stress that enough in the original post? I plan to have about 1-2 biomes per server, with new biome features/dungeons added - Siv is working hard on making custom maps for me. You will automatically connect to the next server as you reach the edge of a map. We'll hopefully have a lot of the first one done here in a week or so. :)
Will those dungeons spawn the dungeon monsters in them?
If so, there should be 4 dungeons with respawnable loot for each player.
1 regular pre-hardmode dungeon
and 1 for each skeleton type.
Don't forget that the walls will have to be placed by a 3rd party program like TEdit so the mobs will spawn.

Will those dungeons spawn the dungeon monsters in them?
If so, there should be 4 dungeons with respawnable loot for each player.
1 regular pre-hardmode dungeon
and 1 for each skeleton type.
Don't forget that the walls will have to be placed by a 3rd party program like TEdit so the mobs will spawn.

Yup Siv is using TEdit. I think you'll be impressed with his work!

I will be having a closed alpha test, closed beta test, and open beta test to help with this. Is there anything that particularly comes to your mind that can be abused/spammed to increase skills? Maybe it's something I haven't thought of yet, and therefore I can address now.

I of course will also be making updates post-release which will always include bug fixes, nerfs/buffs as needed, and of course new content.
If you need help playtesting anything or balancing anything, I'd be glad to help. I'm actually a coder on NTerraria, and I program games, so I also have quite some experience programming if you need help coding anything. Given my school and commitment schedule, though, it wouldn't be a full-time commitment from me. (I work at a software company developing commercial applications).

I could possibly assist with buildings and designing dungeons. I tend to be very impatient so I'm not really able to build large things without complaining, but feel free to pm me if you want any help!

Smallish update: the cavern sysem is being annoying to work on with the current perameters. So to expedite the process, i am creating underground "zones". These zones will be independent cavern areas that can be interconnected, mixed n' matched, and themed. This will make future map building much faster.

No screenshots this time, but the map will be Alpha ready by this next week, hopefully.

Smallish update: the cavern sysem is being annoying to work on with the current perameters. So to expedite the process, i am creating underground "zones". These zones will be independent cavern areas that can be interconnected, mixed n' matched, and themed. This will make future map building much faster.

No screenshots this time, but the map will be Alpha ready by this next week, hopefully.

Thank you for an update on your progress. When the map is alpha ready, will there be a screenshot as a teaser to those who aren't alpha testers?

So i saw this thread and i was like "MMORPG for Terraria ... im gonna check it. " and i did good for checking it . Very cool idea for a server made out of more "baby-servers" each with its own ores , biomes and levels . As for the leveling system its very cool like kill a mob with certain class weapon and you get Exp for that skill . As for Non-Combat skills i love them ( its kindda like NTerraria leveling type but with more branches for each thing that you can do ) . The Man-built world sounds very cool and exausting [ for the guy who builds it ( oSIVo ) ] ,with many dungeons , villages , and traps . That "Cave-ins" mechanic its very cool , good job .
Now i have only 1 suggestion : Add ( if you can ) to each item that you can use in this mod the level at you can use it and the class that its for.
Other than that very cool idea , maximum support from me and cant wait for testing . ("sight" As alway i make long comments ... ive made 10 posts and like 5 of them are this long ... why im writing this ? ... IDK ... i need a life :) )

I could possibly assist with buildings and designing dungeons. I tend to be very impatient so I'm not really able to build large things without complaining, but feel free to pm me if you want any help!

I think we are pretty good for now. In the end Siv will make that call. Thanks for being interested though! :)

Yay! Excitement! :D I am cheating though because I've seen it xD

Thank you for an update on your progress. When the map is alpha ready, will there be a screenshot as a teaser to those who aren't alpha testers?

I hope so!
Why this take so long ? :redmunch: :redmunch: :redmunch:
I'm gonna try this out.

I believe Zimberzimber has already answered this. This is going to take awhile, but it should be worth the wait.

Because its a mod, and mods take time to code.
Unless you want them full of bugs.

Thanks for handling the reply :)

This is pretty cool, reminds me of Sword Art Online. :3

Glad you think so! :D

So i saw this thread and i was like "MMORPG for Terraria ... im gonna check it. " and i did good for checking it . Very cool idea for a server made out of more "baby-servers" each with its own ores , biomes and levels . As for the leveling system its very cool like kill a mob with certain class weapon and you get Exp for that skill . As for Non-Combat skills i love them ( its kindda like NTerraria leveling type but with more branches for each thing that you can do ) . The Man-built world sounds very cool and exausting [ for the guy who builds it ( oSIVo ) ] ,with many dungeons , villages , and traps . That "Cave-ins" mechanic its very cool , good job .

Yeah Siv is going to be very busy! Hopefully I can help him in between coding! I am happy to hear that you are liking all of the features. I cannot wait for the day that we release this!

Now i have only 1 suggestion : Add ( if you can ) to each item that you can use in this mod the level at you can use it and the class that its for.

Not a bad idea at all! I'll add it to my list of things to implement!

Other than that very cool idea , maximum support from me and cant wait for testing . ("sight" As alway i make long comments ... ive made 10 posts and like 5 of them are this long ... why im writing this ? ... IDK ... i need a life :) )

Good! I like long posts about this project! xD

I am looking forward to this and then I have something to do until 1.3 releases, and hopefully after that as well.

Update!

The map's cavern system has been naturally divided into zones for easy editing. The starting village is done, the beach is done, the "viking" map jump area is up and built, the desert is built, the desert town is built, the pyramid area is zoned out. The other map jump area in the mountains is still not built, but the mountain is in place (complete with a little surprise area, yet to be completed)

And the new map has been uploaded to you, Flippi. Only the zone under the mining village is cleared out and set for "cave in" testing. But it should get you started. Just use the natural rock dividers to set your area.

Still to be done - the remaining 9 cavern zones (may just block some out as inaccessible), the pyramid dungeon, the mountain shrine, the corruption shrine, the corruption area.

Busy weekend, glad I got some done on the map. til next time, cheers!

Back
Top Bottom