Standalone Super Terraria World - MMORPG Style Mod - Server and Client Mod

New signs are also making there way to STW to help players navigate Sivania and the regions to come!

QhOVyDh.png

0qdz7mv.png

XCC5OxX.png

Are you fixing the other signs as well.
Yes, All signs should be working at this point and if they are not please indicate which ones aren't. Overall (you can see some of what I am talking about in the video above) we have revamped a lot of the Sivania area, blocked off areas that are not finished, or warned you via a sign that the area you are about to enter is still under development. This should really help with playing and testing the mod. :)

Any comments on the latest video? It's been a bit more quiet on the forums than I would have expected...

June 26th 2015
It's been over a month since the last release and that's because we've been quite busy on making one last GREAT update to hold you all over until Terraria 1.3 comes out. There's a new quest in the release called Minecart Madness, new ore regeneration mechanics - if you haven't seen the spoiler video you can by clicking here, and we've done A LOT of remapping of Sivania to help all players navigate above and below ground without getting stuck - this will make getting mining and combat levels much more pleasant.

Oh and to start the new quest just head on over to the mining village of Sivania and find the Demolitionist. He has had a bit a trouble with the newly implemented Minecart Junction. I'm sure a reward will help keep you on track!

You can view the complete changelog below:

Code:
********************** Version 1.5a **********************
    * ~NEW~  Minecart Madness Quest has been added!
             Head on over to the Mining Village of Sivania
             and find the Demolitionist to start the
             quest - he's had some trouble with the newly
             implemented Mining Junction of Sivania.

* ~!!!~  Sivania has had a big update to not only help
             players navigate, but also to add more
             atmosphere to the game - Some areas still
             under construction and this is pointed out
             now. Some new features include:
             - New directional (Right and Left) signs
               help indicate where things are.
             - New mine shafts have been added in the
               Eastern parts of Sivania; an Upper and
               Lower section.
             - Clear path the Bait Shop has been added.
             - Areas that are underconstruction are
               clearly marked by signs now to give you
               a warning.
             - Ore deposits are located within and
               nearby the mining shafts.

* ~NEW~  With the huge update to Sivania we have
             introduced a new ore regeneration mechanic:
             - Ore is statically located in the Upper and
               Lower Eastern Mines of Sivania.
             - When ore is mined it will turn a darker
               color and cannot be mine for a fixed amount
               of time.
             - When the ore respawns it has a chance of
               spawning a different type of ore.
             - After ore has been mined, even if the ore
               is still there, it has a chance of
               changing its type.
             - Copper-Platinum ore will now spawn in said
               ares. NOTE: Higher tiered ore will not
                           spawn abovea certain depth.

* New Meteor set effects have been added (these are
          Work-In-Progress).
          Melee:  Meteor falls on player upon taking
                  damage, deals damage to enemy.
          Magic:  Chance to also cast a meteor projectile
                  on spell cast.
          Ranged: Upgrades all ranged weapons to pierce
                  enemies better (one additional pierce).

* When a tree is completely chopped a sapling will be
      automatically planted in its place.

* Trees no longer drop Acorns.

* Copper-Crimtane bullets have been added - the rest
      will be coming soon.

* The Guide correctly says the cave for Mushroom
      Picking Quest is to the West (he wrongly said to the
      East).

* Updated the altar sprite in the Pryamid for the
      Temple of Ra Quest.

* Updated the lectern sprite in Ra's Temple.

* Obsidian Breastplate has been added.

* Players no longer require a helmet to give a
      default light radius.

Last edited:
I had seen this mod before, and was pretty interested in it. This was before the beta for SP. 1.3 came out, and I saw that this had a beta. I was sort of disappointed that I didn't realise until it was, in my mind, too late. I decided I might just go in with an OP character and just mess around for a bit, becuase why not. I was amazed. Even though 1.3 was now out, this still held up. I ended up making a fresh character and playing a decent chunk of the game. I loved it, it felt like one big adventure map. Oddly, it felt so much like Terraria, yet so different. It's almost unexplainable. I did, however, have one issue. I needed mining level 8 to do the minecart quest. This itself has nothing wrong with it, of course, but I realised increasing your mining level is extremely hard, especially considering that it took me a very long time to travel between areas, and everytime I died I had to restart this. I had my bed set in the mining village, but setting it in the mines had the opposite problem. I suggest some form of travel between areas, possibly for the price of a few copper or maybe a few silver, even. Possibly getting more expensive as you progress. Leveling magic also seemed very hard for me. I had limited mana, meaning I could only shoot a few times out of my copper staff before it ran out. This proved very difficult to kill enemies with. The mana needs to be increased faster, in my opinion, because it took me a very long time to level my magic level to only two. Regardless, other than the strange holding animations for staffs and the points I had mentioned, I very much enjoyed myself. I can not wait until this is progressed upon further.

I had seen this mod before, and was pretty interested in it. This was before the beta for SP. 1.3 came out, and I saw that this had a beta. I was sort of disappointed that I didn't realise until it was, in my mind, too late. I decided I might just go in with an OP character and just mess around for a bit, becuase why not. I was amazed. Even though 1.3 was now out, this still held up. I ended up making a fresh character and playing a decent chunk of the game. I loved it, it felt like one big adventure map. Oddly, it felt so much like Terraria, yet so different. It's almost unexplainable. I did, however, have one issue. I needed mining level 8 to do the minecart quest. This itself has nothing wrong with it, of course, but I realised increasing your mining level is extremely hard, especially considering that it took me a very long time to travel between areas, and everytime I died I had to restart this. I had my bed set in the mining village, but setting it in the mines had the opposite problem. I suggest some form of travel between areas, possibly for the price of a few copper or maybe a few silver, even. Possibly getting more expensive as you progress. Leveling magic also seemed very hard for me. I had limited mana, meaning I could only shoot a few times out of my copper staff before it ran out. This proved very difficult to kill enemies with. The mana needs to be increased faster, in my opinion, because it took me a very long time to level my magic level to only two. Regardless, other than the strange holding animations for staffs and the points I had mentioned, I very much enjoyed myself. I can not wait until this is progressed upon further.

We love to hear feedback like this, and I'm very happy to hear that you've given the mod a try :). I especially like that you felt like it was one big adventure map and that "... it felt so much like Terraria, yet so different." because I think this is exactly what we are trying to create with this mod. @oSIVo @Jestex @CursedMoose

I'd like to address some of your points as well.

The minecart quest, Minecart Madness, does require a crafting and mining level of 8 because you need to be able to use iron bars - okay this makes sense you said. The problem you had was that it was hard to raise the mining level to this because it took awhile to get to ores. While we don't want obtaining ore to be too easy I agree that right now it is a bit too hard. This is mostly because we simply haven't finished the Sivania Region. There will be more places for you to mine and getting to level 8 shouldn't take too long. Did you find the ore regenerating overtime to be useful? Was it happening too fast or not fast enough? Perhaps the XP rate needs to be increased by 1 point? These are things we are asking ourselves still as well.

With that said you also though it would be useful to have a means from traveling between the Mining Village and the Eastern Mines of Sivania. Here is a spoiler: The reward for Minecart Madness is a quick travel feature between the Mining Village and the Eastern Mines (both the upper and lower part) for 1 silver coin per trip. While it might be a bit of a grind for the requirements at the moment, I suggest doing the quest and letting me know if this quick travel helps out :).

Right now we haven't finished implementing the Magic Combat, there will also be Tomes and Wands plus we'll fix the staff animation :p. We think that with more options to mage there will be different mana requirements, but yes mana is obtained by training the skill (either ever 5 or 10 levels grants you more mana). We'll continue to look at this to make sure it isn't too big of a struggle to train Mage though. Also keep in mind that if you do any damage with mage and then finish the kill with another style you will gain XP in both skills!

As I said earlier, I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the mod, once CursedMoose returns from vacation and once I finish playing Terraria 1.3 we'll get back to working on STW!

AND, once Tedit gets updated to work with Terraria 1.3 ;)

And be prepared... Apeture Science will have a base somewhere soon...

That is an experimental build... I do not wish for corruption potential to occur, for I have a bad history with corrupted worlds...

I like the the way that the ores work at the moment, the time for them to regenerate will likely be pretty perfect when the whole map is finished. Now that you mention it, I think that the map being finished will be beneficial in leveling my mining. About the XP per ore, I just feel when I compare how fast my melee levels up to how fast my mining levels up. It feel like it's somewhat unbalanced. Maybe it'll be different when the map is finished. Anyway, yeah, good luck with the project. I like it so far and am confident that it will just continue to get better!

August 9th 2015
It's been a little bit of time since we've made an announcement, and this is because it's been a busy summer for the whole team, and of course Terraria 1.3 had to be played on expert mode. :)

With this said we currently are on a slight dev pause (@Jestex is still pushing out sprites though, so give him an applaud) while we figure out the best way to import our STW changes into the new updates of Terraria - every time Terraria updates we need to decompile it and add our code back to it.

With that said if you wish to play STW 1.5 you will need Terraria 1.2.4.1, and thus I have all of that packaged up for you: http://bit.ly/1gNcGXD
To install navigate to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\ rename your Terraria folder to TerrariaVanilla and then unzip the .rar from the link to this location and now you will have a new folder named Terraria that is Terraria 1.2.4.1 with the STW mod. Please note that if Re-Logic pushes an official update through Steam it will replace your Terraria 1.2.4.1 and STW and you will need to repeat this process.

We hope to have some new content coming up for you all shortly, so stay patient and keep up the feedback! :)

It's been quiet... Too quiet! Sorry about that xD

Hello everyone! I'm here to revive this thread a bit! I just want to give a quick status update to let everyone know that the team has been busy working pretty much every week since my last post - nearly 4 months now! With that said we've made a lot of progress and in fact the whole mod has been ported over to 1.3 for quite some time now! We haven't released it yet because we are wanting to release it with some new content as well as revamp some of the world (mainly Sivania).

@CursedMoose and myself also decided to make our lives easier by refactoring how STW is coded when we had to port it over to 1.3 - this took some time, but now we can easily port STW over whenever Terraria updates and we can add new content to STW even easier.

I am hoping to push out the newest version of STW by the end of the month - no promises because of the holidays and whatnot. With that said though @CursedMoose and I have deemed 2016 the year of STW!

Be excited everyone! Big things are coming from the STW team Soon™

Finally I'd like to take this last space to announcement @Khaios has agreed to help us with our custom maps by taking build requests! He is an extremely talented Terraria builder. He is just getting back into 1.3 and so you must check out and keep an eye on his build thread. I am sure you'll be seeing some of the STW builds there - plus all of his other great content!

@Jestex @oSIVo

As I mentioned in my last post, @Khaios is doing some builds for us. Here is the first build for us! Keep an eye on his new build thread for his great builds.
index.php

This Lumber Mill will be nestled in the Great Forset between the Desert Outpost and Mining Village in Sivania.

We'll also have a new friendly (or is he?) npc that lives at the Lumber Mill. @Jestex, like always, did a great job with this npc!
k4D7Krl.png

Keep an eye out for more!

December 29th 2015

We've got a late Christmas present to give out tonight: We are releasing STW for 1.3!! Download STW 1.6a for Terraria 1.3.

As I said in my last post, we took porting over STW to 1.3 as an opportunity to refactor our code which allows us to add new content more easily for a little cost of delaying the release until now.
I am happy to say that besides the port we have also done some more things for this release.

Items:
We’ve added sixteen new items

NPCs:
We’ve added four new NPCs

Quests:
We’ve added one new quest, Miki’s Delivery Service, which can be started by talking to Osono in the Mining Village of Sivania. We hope you enjoy this novice and funny quest as much as we do. Note: The finale of the quest isn’t finished just yet.

Map Updates:
We’ve got some new structures and general updates to Sivania and Odin’s Fjord. As mentioned in a previous post, that includes the new Sawmill of Sivania built by @Khaois!

Framework Updates:
We updated some of the framework for skills - you won’t see all the benefits just yet, but know it’s there!

Bug Fixes:
Oh we got your bug fixes in this release.

Please checkout the change log below for more information

While the above states what we’ve done recently, it doesn’t say what are plans are for the future of STW, but stayed tuned because that’s what we are going to get into now.
As I said before, @CursedMoose and I have deemed 2016 the year of STW. We are hoping to have some big releases for STW in the coming weeks and months.

Map Updates:
  • We are planning to update Sivania with some new 1.3 tiles and build designs. The Sawmill is just a hint of what’s to come, and if you’ve been checking out @khaios’ build thread you will have an even better idea. We of course will be adding more places to mine ore - sorry for the limited locations now, but you can mine copper-gold in the Eastern Mines of Sivania.

• The Ferrousanguis Kingdom will be the newest region to get added to STW. This medium sized Terraria world will feature a glorious Ferrousangui Fort, a blood soaked peasants’ field, a busy town taking up a very large portion of the map, and a lastly a castle and grounds that takes up ⅓ of the map! Of course this is just talking about the surface, what crimson horrors will you find below?

• Odin’s Fjord will also see the release of the Viking Village! You’ll be able to test your might in the nearby Viking Arena which will be targeted for PVPing!

Content:
  • We’ve got a few quests already planned out, two of these quests introduce our first Terraria boss fights: The Eye of Cthulhu and The Eater of Worlds. While these bosses might be familiar, their fights won’t be. Players will no longer be creating arenas to fight them - we the developers are going to be creating them. The battles will be challenging and glorious! These will just be a hint of what’s to come - we do have one brand new boss that’s unique to STW still in works, but could be release in 2016.

• New neutral NPCs are to be added to the game. These NPCs are added to areas of STW to make the atmosphere more alive. They will not automatically attack players, but they will defend themselves if players do decide to attack!

Game Mechanics:
  • Item modifiers of Terraria are a thing of the past. No longer will you strive for the “best” modifier as their is no best. Instead there is a handful of modifiers that suite your gameplay style. This will help ensure all item types of a given tier are chosen purely for preference instead of because it’s “the best”. What’s great is the framework has already been implemented - we need to just give access to modifying weapons - most likely from quest rewards.

Multiplayer:
  • Finally, the thing I hope most of you are eager to hear about. Our big focus for 2016 is to get some multiplayer servers of STW up and running. In the early stages of STW we had a working version for multiplayer in terms of all skills working and player data saving to a database, world transfers (server transfers), and one quest. To do all of that we had to rely on tShock for our server side logic. The code was messy because we had to not only write a tShock plugin, but also modify tShock’s source code. We no longer want to do this, so moving forward we are going to be using our own logic now that we know more about Terraria’s source code. This will take some more time, but we can definitely reuse some of our previous logic moving forward and we will have full freedom over the server side. We might also be reaching out to some other standalone modders in the community here for some support.
We hope you all are excited about STW as much as we are. STW has only just started to show off it’s potential and throughout the next year we hope to unleash it to the world!

Code:
********************** Version 1.6a **********************
    * ~!!!~  STW has been ported to Terraria 1.3!

* ~NEW~  Miki's Delivery Service Quest has been added!
             and find a new town NPC named Osono ready for
             some help! You'll meet two other new NPCs
             before you finish this quest!

* ~!!!~  The Sivania Mining Village now has a Bakery
             & Inn. A fantastic Sawmill has been added to
             the forest to the the Mining Village. A
             minecart track below the Mining Village has
             been started- please note that ore does not
             respawn here yet.

*        Implemented new Area Triggers for traps. This
             fixes some bugs in the Pyramid of Sivania.

*        Implement weapon modifier framework - related
             content and access updates coming soon.

*        Sivania has no night time now.

*        Added a campfire near the docks of Odin's
             Fjord.

*        Updated how town NPCs spawn: only NPCs
             designed for the map will spawn.

*        Upset Nimbus has been added in the game. When
             you mine clouds he has a chance of spawning.
             When killed he adds 100 charges to Cloud in a
             Bottle.

*        Item name coloring has been standardized
             for STW.

*        Desktop icon added.

*        Golden Ark is animated like Terraria chests.

*        Players now heal at a campfire again.

*        Tool tips now show for new STW items.

*        Can no longer obtain another Relic of Ra
             while you have one.

*        Fixed gore sprites for Ice Imp.

*        Restructured the Content folder so that
             all STW content files stand by themselves.

@Jestex @CursedMoose @oSIVo @Khaios

Last edited:
December 29th 2015

We've got a late Christmas present to give out tonight: We are releasing STW for 1.3!! Download STW 1.6a for Terraria 1.3.

As I said in my last post, we took porting over STW to 1.3 as an opportunity to refactor our code which allows us to add new content more easily for a little cost of delaying the release until now.
I am happy to say that besides the port we have also done some more things for this release.

Items:
We’ve added eight new items

NPCs:

Quests:
We’ve added one new quest, Miki’s Delivery Service, which can be started by talking to Osono in the Mining Village of Sivania. We hope you enjoy this novice and funny quest as much as we do. Note: The finale of the quest isn’t finished just yet.

Map Updates:
We’ve got some new structures and general updates to Sivania and Odin’s Fjord. As mentioned in a previous post, that includes the new Sawmill of Sivania built by @Khaois!

Framework Updates:
We updated some of the framework for skills - you won’t see all the benefits just yet, but know it’s there!

Bug Fixes:

While the above states what we’ve done recently, it doesn’t say what are plans are for the future of STW, but stayed tuned because that’s what we are going to get into now.
As I said before, @CursedMoose and I have deemed 2016 the year of STW. We are hoping to have some big releases for STW in the coming weeks and months.
I'm gonna test this out!

Map Updates:
  • We are planning to update Sivania with some new 1.3 tiles and build designs. The Sawmill is just a hint of what’s to come, and if you’ve been checking out @khaios’ build thread you will have an even better idea. We of course will be adding more places to mine ore - sorry for the limited locations now, but you can mine copper-gold in the Eastern Mines of Sivania.

• The Ferrousanguis Kingdom will be the newest region to get added to STW. This medium sized Terraria world will feature a glorious Ferrousangui Fort, a blood soaked peasants’ field, a busy town taking up a very large portion of the map, and a lastly a castle and grounds that takes up ⅓ of the map! Of course this is just talking about the surface, what crimson horrors will you find below?

• Odin’s Fjord will also see the release of the Viking Village! You’ll be able to test your might in the nearby Viking Arena which will be targeted for PVPing!

Content:
  • We’ve got a few quests already planned out, two of these quests introduce our first Terraria boss fights: The Eye of Cthulhu and The Eater of Worlds. While these bosses might be familiar, their fights won’t be. Players will no longer be creating arenas to fight them - we the developers are going to be creating them. The battles will be challenging and glorious! These will just be a hint of what’s to come - we do have one brand new boss that’s unique to STW still in works, but could be release in 2016.

• New neutral NPCs are to be added to the game. These NPCs are added to areas of STW to make the atmosphere more alive. They will not automatically attack players, but they will defend themselves if players do decide to attack!

Game Mechanics:
  • Item modifiers of Terraria are a thing of the past. No longer will you strive for the “best” modifier as their is no best. Instead there is a handful of modifiers that suite your gameplay style. This will help ensure all item types of a given tier are chosen purely for preference instead of because it’s “the best”. What’s great is the framework has already been implemented - we need to just give access to modifying weapons - most likely from quest rewards.

Multiplayer:
  • Finally, the thing I hope most of you are eager to hear about. Our big focus for 2016 is to get some multiplayer servers of STW up and running. In the early stages of STW we had a working version for multiplayer in terms of all skills working and player data saving to a database, world transfers (server transfers), and one quest. To do all of that we had to rely on tShock for our server side logic. The code was messy because we had to not only write a tShock plugin, but also modify tShock’s source code. We no longer want to do this, so moving forward we are going to be using our own logic now that we know more about Terraria’s source code. This will take some more time, but we can definitely reuse some of our previous logic moving forward and we will have full freedom over the server side. We might also be reaching out to some other standalone modders in the community here for some support.
We hope you all are excited about STW as much as we are. STW has only just started to show off it’s potential and throughout the next year we hope to unleash it to the world!

Code:

respawn here yet.

Fjord.

Bottle.

for STW.

while you have one.

I'm gonna test this out!

December 29th 2015

Items:
We’ve added eight new items

NPCs:

Quests:

Map Updates:

Framework Updates:

Bug Fixes:

Map Updates:

Content:

Game Mechanics:

Multiplayer:

Code:

respawn here yet.

Fjord.

Bottle.

for STW.

while you have one.

Well time to use 3 hours to do this :D
I love this mod

Back
Top Bottom