Standalone Super Terraria World - MMORPG Style Mod - Server and Client Mod

In case you guys didn't hear, @Pedguin was nice enough to stream STW for nearly two hours today! This was really great and fun to watch. I do agree with him when he says some areas are tedious and there are holes in the mod, but don't worry because we'll be taking his feedback, your feedback, and our current plans to make the mod even better!

You can watch this stream by visiting his twitch profile: http://www.twitch.tv/pedguin/v/32819342

Last edited:
In case you guys didn't hear, @Pedguin was nice enough to stream STW for nearly two hours today! This was really great and fun to watch. I do agree with him when he says some areas are tedious and there are holes in the mod, but don't worry because we'll be taking his feedback, your feedback, and our current plans to make the mod even better!

You can watch this stream by visiting his twitch profile: http://www.twitch.tv/pedguin/v/32819342
that pretty much is all my complaints about temple of ra.The boulder part is okay though since you have enough time and space to dodge them and jump over the darts.Except the part where you are supposed to fall through the last hole which is downright impossible almost.

Last edited:
In the dresser from the nurse's house in the village there is 500 paint within it
Edit: Also make sure to make mobs not drop presents because they have some epic loot
for someone playing the mod

that pretty much is all my complaints about temple of ra.The boulder part is okay though since you have enough time and space to dodge them and jump over the darts.Except the part where you are supposed to fall through the last hole which is downright impossible almost.
You are talking about the entrance then? You found it to be the hardest part? I do plan to refactor the Pyramid a bit based on everyone's feedback.

In the dresser from the nurse's house in the village there is 500 paint within it
Edit: Also make sure to make mobs not drop presents because they have some epic loot
Interesting! I wonder how the paint got there haha - I'll make sure to remove it.
I agree we will be changing how presents and goodie bags work in a future update!

You are talking about the entrance then? You found it to be the hardest part? I do plan to refactor the Pyramid a bit based on everyone's feedback.

Interesting! I wonder how the paint got there haha - I'll make sure to remove it.
I agree we will be changing how presents and goodie bags work in a future update!
the perfect jumps are pretty bad aswell.

the perfect jumps are pretty bad aswell.
Yup! They will still require skill in the future, but I'll be making them not so pixel perfect. Of course when the update is released some feedback would be lovely, so please make sure to let me know again at that time.

Is this the dresser you're talking about? I don't see anything in. I checked around and didn't see anything in any other dressers either.
C9QHw94.png

Thank you everyone for reporting bugs! Here is a screenshot of the first batch of bug fixes that will be released in the next version of STW!
kJBZJUU.png
Ah :red: I forgot to tell you that there is a chance the slime king can spawn during adventure mode (He spawned while I was in the great forest or whatever and killed me)

Ah :red: I forgot to tell you that there is a chance the slime king can spawn during adventure mode (He spawned while I was in the great forest or whatever and killed me)
Don't worry you aren't the only one who got "lucky" enough to have Slime King spawn. I will be removing that soon too. :)

January 9th 2016
Happy New Year everyone! Less than two weeks ago we released STW for Terraria 1.3.0.8 and it was a great success - we've had about 530 downloads so far! Definitely over half of those downloads were because of @Pedguin streaming STW last week so a big thank you to him! If you haven't had chance to see the stream, you can check out the video here: http://www.twitch.tv/pedguin/v/32819342

Now to get to the good part, STW 1.6.2a has been released today! As always you can find the download link in our Download and Installation thread in our social forum. This release really focused on a lot of the bugs that you all found, so please keep informing us when you find them! We also thought to include Game Tips! These useful tips will help first time adventurers and are automatically triggered when you perform an action. Don't worry about getting spammed by these tips though because once you trigger the tip it won't automatically show again. If you want to see the tips again you can find all of them in your Hero Menu.

You can view the complete changelog below:
Code:
********************** Version 1.6.2a *********************
    * Added Game Tips! These are broken into General
      Gameplay, Combat Skills, and Non-Combat Skills. The
      tips can be seen on the Hero Menu and will be
      displayed automatically when special triggers happen
      i.e. Loosing HP, Gaining XP in a skill or Mining non-
      ore tiles. Note: These triggers only happen once!

* The Pyramid Dungeon for the Temple of Ra Quest is now
      easier to accomplish. Also fixed an area that was
      unfair (you could sometimes die when falling in water
      which was not intended).

* Added a tooltip to the French Baguette (sold by Osono).

* Updated Bullet Sprites for Copper-Meteorite (excludes
      Silver for now)

* Added Gore sprites for Osono, Paul B, and Idla.
    * Updated Obsidian Bar sprite.

* Fixed and updated Chemistry error text when creating
      a potion higher level than the players level.

* Fixed and updated Mining error text when player mines
      ore higher than their level.

* Fixed Crafting error text when crafting items higher
      than player crafting level.

* Slime Rain is no longer possible during Adventure
      Mode.

* Meteors will not drop during Adventure Mode.

* Old Man no longer spawns on Adventure Mode.

* The Traveling Merchant no longer spawns in Adventure
      Mode.

* Antlion Swarmers no longer spawn on the Eastern Beach
      of Sivania.

* Merchants now sell Empty Bullets.

* Bullets are now actually craftable - They were not
      craftable even if a player had Empty Bullets somehow.

* Slimey Mushroom no longer has an eat animation or
      sound when used.

* Wood Fishing Pole is now craftable.

* Removed all of the extra grass tiles in Sivania.

* Updated some signs in Sivania.

@Jestex @CursedMoose @oSIVo @Khaios

Last edited:
January 9th 2016
Happy New Year everyone! Less than two weeks ago we released STW for Terraria 1.3.0.8 and it was a great success - we've had about 530 downloads so far! Definitely over half of those downloads were because of @Pedguin streaming STW last week so a big thank you to him! If you haven't had chance to see the stream, you can check out the video here: http://www.twitch.tv/pedguin/v/32819342

Now to get to the good part, STW 1.6.2a has been released today! As always you can find the download link in our Download and Installation thread in our social forum. This release really focused on a lot of the bugs that you all found, so please keep informing us when you find them! We also thought to include Game Tips! These useful tips will help first time adventurers and are automatically triggered when you perform an action. Don't worry about getting spammed by these tips though because once you trigger the tip it won't automatically show again. If you want to see the tips again you can find all of them in your Hero Menu.

You can view the complete changelog below:
Code:
********************** Version 1.6.2a *********************
    * Added Game Tips! These are broken into General
      Gameplay, Combat Skills, and Non-Combat Skills. The
      tips can be seen on the Hero Menu and will be
      displayed automatically when special triggers happen
      i.e. Loosing HP, Gaining XP in a skill or Mining non-
      ore tiles. Note: These triggers only happen once!

* The Pyramid Dungeon for the Temple of Ra Quest is now
      easier to accomplish. Also fixed an area that was
      unfair (you could sometimes die when falling in water
      which was not intended).

* Added a tooltip to the French Baguette (sold by Osono).

* Updated Bullet Sprites for Copper-Meteorite (excludes
      Silver for now)

* Added Gore sprites for Osono, Paul B, and Idla.
    * Updated Obsidian Bar sprite.

* Fixed and updated Chemistry error text when creating
      a potion higher level than the players level.

* Fixed and updated Mining error text when player mines
      ore higher than their level.

* Fixed Crafting error text when crafting items higher
      than player crafting level.

* Slime Rain is no longer possible during Adventure
      Mode.

* Meteors will not drop during Adventure Mode.

* Old Man no longer spawns on Adventure Mode.

* The Traveling Merchant no longer spawns in Adventure
      Mode.

* Antlion Swarmers no longer spawn on the Eastern Beach
      of Sivania.

* Merchants now sell Empty Bullets.

* Bullets are now actually craftable - They were not
      craftable even if a player had Empty Bullets somehow.

* Slimey Mushroom no longer has an eat animation or
      sound when used.

* Wood Fishing Pole is now craftable.

* Removed all of the extra grass tiles in Sivania.

* Updated some signs in Sivania.

@Jestex @CursedMoose @oSIVo @Khaios
Hey can you tag me when you post updates?
I am really interested in this mod

Well, happy new year to you all. Been a bit hectic through the end of the year, but looking forward to pressing on. Watched the stream, and got some good critiques and such. I will start again on more map updates :)

Happy weekend everybody! I wanted to share with you some upcoming updates to STW! These updates currently planned to be released no later than January 22nd!

Quest Indication System:
We are adding a new quest indication system that will help players make sure they don't miss quest starting points and other key points in a quest. We've noticed that some players miss or skip over the starting points of a quest (particularly Temple of Ra) and that it is possible to overlook where you are supposed to go next in a quest and so this system is designed to help alleviate these issues. Screenshots below:
Starting point of Mushroom Picking:
hFHLwKH.png

Starting point of the Temple of Ra:
ZuP4EDT.png

Pickaxe, Mining, and Crafting Updates:
We've heard about some issues with how mining is a bit tedious and so we've bumped up the XP gains by around 50% across the board! We've also reduced the number of bars required to make a full armor set (helm, chest, boots) - used to require 45 bars, now you only need 35! Lastly, we have implemented a more flexible mining/pickaxe logic. We are no longer using the algorithm that Terraria uses to decided how many pickaxe swings a tile requires to be destroyed. You can see in the table below the pickaxe-to-ore swing ration.

WJqFgje.png
YJlWI8T.png

We also have some map updates coming along the way from @Khaios and @oSIVo! You'll have to wait to see these!

There will bug fixes of course coming as well as any other updates that we can squeeze in.

Cheers everybody!

This is a player notification list for when I make posts about a STW update that is being released or coming soon. If you want to be on this list just let me know!
@Temmie
@Jestex
@CursedMoose
@oSIVo
@Khaios

Happy weekend everybody! I wanted to share with you some upcoming updates to STW! These updates currently planned to be released no later than January 22nd!

Quest Indication System:
We are adding a new quest indication system that will help players make sure they don't miss quest starting points and other key points in a quest. We've noticed that some players miss or skip over the starting points of a quest (particularly Temple of Ra) and that it is possible to overlook where you are supposed to go next in a quest and so this system is designed to help alleviate these issues. Screenshots below:
Starting point of Mushroom Picking:
hFHLwKH.png

Starting point of the Temple of Ra:
ZuP4EDT.png

Pickaxe, Mining, and Crafting Updates:
We've heard about some issues with how mining is a bit tedious and so we've bumped up the XP gains by around 50% across the board! We've also reduced the number of bars required to make a full armor set (helm, chest, boots) - used to require 45 bars, now you only need 35! Lastly, we have implemented a more flexible mining/pickaxe logic. We are no longer using the algorithm that Terraria uses to decided how many pickaxe swings a tile requires to be destroyed. You can see in the table below the pickaxe-to-ore swing ration.

WJqFgje.png
YJlWI8T.png

We also have some map updates coming along the way from @Khaios and @oSIVo! You'll have to wait to see these!

There will bug fixes of course coming as well as any other updates that we can squeeze in.

Cheers everybody!

This is a player notification list for when I make posts about a STW update that is being released or coming soon. If you want to be on this list just let me know!
@Temmie
@Jestex
@CursedMoose
@oSIVo
@Khaios
The quest indicators are a life saver :D
I have always wanted prehardmode metal armors to cost less bars :)

Just wanted to share another small and fun update coming to STW this week, Osono will be expanding her store! Check out all of the new items she has to offer and gain yourself the Sugar Rush Buff!

YX5FTco.png

@Temmie
@Jestex
@CursedMoose
@oSIVo
@Khaios

Back
Top Bottom