Standalone Super Terraria World - MMORPG Style Mod - Server and Client Mod

Just a reminder, would like to see your work.

Oh, and an UPDATE!

The pyramid area is blocked out, so the arenas can be set up soon. The Ocean temple entrance is build, and it is locked with a combination lock that the player will need to figure out throughout their exploration. And the entrance to the corruption is built.

So progress is going along well. More this weekend, probably.

Yes, and let me tell you @oSIVo is doing an amazing job! I've been busy fixing some combat related bugs and testing out the cave in logic. I have not gotten it at 100% what I would like for the alpha testing, but I am very close. I am expecting to get it done this weekend, and thus the alpha test should start next week. I'll be posting here very early next week for a maximum of two testers, so keep your eyes open! I will also be making a status update, so if you are following me it might be easier to see it!

Sorry for the delay there were some major hiccups in the cave-in logic, but without further delay it's time to find some alpha testers!

I would love to just choose everyone who is eager to try out the mod, but that is not what alpha testing is for. There will be a closed and open beta where more people can come join and play around with the mod. Right now the mod is in early development and only serious users who are trying to find bugs/issues should apply. If you just want to play the mod because it seems cool then please wait for the open beta where there will actually be a lot more to do.

What an alpha tester should expect:

Currently combat, mining, and crafting skills are implemented, but they need balanced and tested. As an alpha tester you will playing a very early release of these skills. You are expected to try and break them. You are to see what is not working correctly and what can be done to make them more correct, fun, and balanced.

The first static world has been partially implemented as @oSIVo has mentioned in his other posts. You will be playing on this map in the designated completed areas. These areas need tested for any bugs that hinder mobility and gameplay.

The alpha test is mostly designed to also test early gameplay in terms of skills. With that said you will only be able to craft items up to platinum. Accessories from chests are also not implemented yet because they are going to be quest/task rewards - you will be play testing without any accessories from chests.

There are also some technical requirements:
Own a valid copy of Terraria
Have knowledge with spreadsheets like Microsoft Excel or Google Docs Spreadsheet - You will be using Google Docs Spreadsheet to keep track of bugs.
Communication Skills
Have 100+ hours of playtime of Terraria
Have beaten Terraria ( killed all bosses )
Have a passion for Terraria
Having experience playing on a tshock modded server is also a plus, but not required
Having a skill that can be used to develop the mod is also a big plus, but not required - we are seeking a pixel artist!

You will also agree to keep all information related to the mod, Super Terraria World, confidential, and only discuss/share that information with the group described in the Credits on the first post of the mod.

If you are interested, and are able to do what I have described please send me a message with the following Title and information:

Alpha Tester Info
Steam Name:
Terraria gameplay hours:
Have knowledge of spreadsheets:
Played on a server that had tshock installed:
Have a skill that can be used for developing the mod: <pixel artist wanted!>
Agree to keep information about the mod to within the group making the mod:

Isn't this mod kinda defeating the whole point of Terraria though? You said the world will be static, meaning no destructible terrain, no building and limited storage space. It hardly feels like Terraria anymore with that many of the sandbox elements taken out. I also think the leveling and experience for everything will end up just causing more pointless grinding.

Oh well. Guess this kind of thing just isn't for me. Seems like a lot of people like the idea so good luck with the mod!

Last edited:
I was of that thought too, but then I thought back on all the maps that have been gutted, servers griefed, pointles buildings... And i realized that this form of structure is perfect for a large server environment. The building isnt removed, it is simply redirected. There will be a place for building. There wont be need for massive storage, what is there to store? Some potions, ammo, and crafting mats is all you need.

True it removes some sandboxing, but I think it is to benefit the whole community.

Sorry for the delay there were some major hiccups in the cave-in logic, but without further delay it's time to find some alpha testers!

I would love to just choose everyone who is eager to try out the mod, but that is not what alpha testing is for. There will be a closed and open beta where more people can come join and play around with the mod. Right now the mod is in early development and only serious users who are trying to find bugs/issues should apply. If you just want to play the mod because it seems cool then please wait for the open beta where there will actually be a lot more to do.

What an alpha tester should expect:

Currently combat, mining, and crafting skills are implemented, but they need balanced and tested. As an alpha tester you will playing a very early release of these skills. You are expected to try and break them. You are to see what is not working correctly and what can be done to make them more correct, fun, and balanced.

The first static world has been partially implemented as @oSIVo has mentioned in his other posts. You will be playing on this map in the designated completed areas. These areas need tested for any bugs that hinder mobility and gameplay.

The alpha test is mostly designed to also test early gameplay in terms of skills. With that said you will only be able to craft items up to platinum. Accessories from chests are also not implemented yet because they are going to be quest/task rewards - you will be play testing without any accessories from chests.

There are also some technical requirements:
Own a valid copy of Terraria
Have knowledge with spreadsheets like Microsoft Excel or Google Docs Spreadsheet - You will be using Google Docs Spreadsheet to keep track of bugs.
Communication Skills
Have 100+ hours of playtime of Terraria
Have beaten Terraria ( killed all bosses )
Have a passion for Terraria
Having experience playing on a tshock modded server is also a plus, but not required
Having a skill that can be used to develop the mod is also a big plus, but not required - we are seeking a pixel artist!

You will also agree to keep all information related to the mod, Super Terraria World, confidential, and only discuss/share that information with the group described in the Credits on the first post of the mod.

If you are interested, and are able to do what I have described please send me a message with the following Title and information:

Alpha Tester Info
Steam Name:
Terraria gameplay hours:
Have knowledge of spreadsheets:
Played on a server that had tshock installed:
Have a skill that can be used for developing the mod: <pixel artist wanted!>
Agree to keep information about the mod to within the group making the mod:
Steam Name: doiccorp (show name is Apok)
Terraria Gameplay Hours: 650 online, over 1000 in NTerraria and other mods (development)
Have a knowledge of spreadsheets: Extensive, google docs is what I primarily use (the office where I worked didn't use excel) - but I am experienced with Excel. Note I do not own Excel.
Played on TShock Server: 200 hours of administrating my own personal server
Have a development skill: Programming. I program NTerraria, my own game, and I used to develop business software
Agree to keep information about the mod secret: Yes.

Steam Name: Jexter11 (no image sadly :) )
Terraria gameplay hours: So Steam says 587 H but if you count the cracked version i might have up to 900 H
Have knowledge of spreadsheets: As for Microsoft Excel or Google Docs Spreadsheet i am having a class where we learn those things and i can learn very quikly :)
Played on a server that had tshock installed: Well i played on TSGE before it closed and now im playing on the Jupiter server . And as an admin i wont abuse or anything .
Have a skill that can be used for developing the mod: <pixel artist wanted!> Pfffff ... As for coding sorry but nope ... I dont know how to code :( . And for pixel art i might give it a try.
Agree to keep information about the mod to within the group making the mod: Well of course im gonna keep the informations for myself until a dev or another tester requiers them .
Thank you for reading :))

I follow his work from the start, wish you success in the alpha testing and I hope this mod can achieve your goal, it is definitely brilliant! I need say thank for you for using your time to create this content which will one day provide when ready. The community of Terraria is increasingly scarce programmers who really love the game.

Isn't this mod kinda defeating the whole point of Terraria though? You said the world will be static, meaning no destructible terrain, no building and limited storage space. It hardly feels like Terraria anymore with that many of the sandbox elements taken out. I also think the leveling and experience for everything will end up just causing more pointless grinding.

Oh well. Guess this kind of thing just isn't for me. Seems like a lot of people like the idea so good luck with the mod!

I think Siv's post explained this pretty well. This mod is for a large community of players, if you have a lot of players you cannot do a lot of the things you can in single player Terraria. With this mod I am trying to enhance that large community of players experience.

I follow his work from the start, wish you success in the alpha testing and I hope this mod can achieve your goal, it is definitely brilliant! I need say thank for you for using your time to create this content which will one day provide when ready. The community of Terraria is increasingly scarce programmers who really love the game.

Thank you :)

Steam Name:Aymerhic
Terraria gameplay hours:89 hours of gameplay but more with playing and other pc and modded
Have knowledge of spreadsheets:its that the problem i dont really know but i can learn
Played on a server that had tshock installed:yeah iplayed in a tshock installed server (i dont will tell what server)
Have a skill that can be used for developing the mod: none im not good at modding
Agree to keep information about the mod to within the group making the mod:yes of course
EDIT:added the steam name

Last edited:
This looks ruddy awesome! I can't wait for it to come out.
I'd love to test, but I doubt you'd choose me. I have hardly any knowledge of coding.

so excited for that mod (cannot wait one minutes its look awesome)
I'm glad you are excited, I also cannot wait to get this thing live! Sadly there is a lot more work to be done.

How is the Alpha Testing going?
We kind of had a halt because of some communication issues, and I had a pretty busy end of the week/weekend. CursedMoose and I are getting back on track though. We are probably going to do some more internal testing before opening up more alpha testing.

This looks ruddy awesome! I can't wait for it to come out.
I'd love to test, but I doubt you'd choose me. I have hardly any knowledge of coding.
Not having any coding knowledge is a good quality for a tester actually - It depends on what is being tested :). We currently though are not looking for anymore alpha testers.

I'm glad you are excited, I also cannot wait to get this thing live! Sadly there is a lot more work to be done.

We kind of had a halt because of some communication issues, and I had a pretty busy end of the week/weekend. CursedMoose and I are getting back on track though. We are probably going to do some more internal testing before opening up more alpha testing.

Not having any coding knowledge is a good quality for a tester actually - It depends on what is being tested :). We currently though are not looking for anymore alpha testers.
Well you know who to calll if you need more ;)

Quick update about alpha testing...

Yesterday Cursed Moose was doing some internal testing and found some critical bugs that need to be addressed before we actually start the alpha testing. At this point we are moving back to internal "pre-alpha" testing. We have selected one alpha tester though, so please welcome @Robes to the test team. He has worked on previous mods like Avalon and we think he will make a good addition to the team.

So even though we are not at the "alpha" stage yet, we still have a lot of progress done and we will continue to implement more awesomeness!

Those errors... none map related?

Still working on typing everything up that Cursed Moose told me, but yes some are map related. He was informing me that there are quite a bit of areas that you can get stuck and the only way to save yourself is to teleport out. I'll have more information about this for you soon.

Back
Top Bottom