Standalone Super Terraria World - MMORPG Style Mod - Server and Client Mod

Hey Flippi, you are planning to open a online server of that mod?
Playing it on single player is kind of boring.
We definitely want to! There is a lot more content that we need to develope though otherwise even multiplayer will get a bit boring. All I can say is keep trying out our new content as we release it until we get the multiplayer up and running. :)

I wish Pyramids in vanilla Terraria look like this :(
Amazing!
So do we! Maybe one day they could ^__^. Also this only shows a very small fraction of the new pyramid, it really is a great dungeon now. Hopefully we'll get the update out in a week or so. :)

Hey, quick question. Is it possible to suggest an area for this mod? I don't have anything concrete yet so I was wondering if it was worth the time or not.

Hey, quick question. Is it possible to suggest an area for this mod? I don't have anything concrete yet so I was wondering if it was worth the time or not.
We do have a backlog of areas to implement still, so it would take some time before we could implement your suggestion if we went ahead with adding it to our development. With that said though I love listening to player feedback and suggestions, so please feel free to suggest an area. :)
[doublepost=1458604729,1458604615][/doublepost]For those of you who don't browse the Terraria subreddit, I posted this spoiler gif earlier today - A Dryad's Distress:

JU9BzGW.gif

A Dryad's Distress is the name of the newest quest coming to Super Terraria World! In this gif we can see that Corrupt Cultists are binding the Dryad and it's up to you to intervene and find out why they would want to capture her. The custom sprites are done by @Jestex , the forest is built by @Khaios , and the quest is coded by me. We are shooting to have a new release of STW this Friday, but it could be pushed back to next Friday if we feel that we need to polish it a bit more.

Hello Flippi - I have got a question , what i am supposed to do in this mod (yes for real , this is a question) i playit like 15 mins and still not know what.

Hello Flippi - I have got a question , what i am supposed to do in this mod (yes for real , this is a question) i playit like 15 mins and still not know what.

No idea if you're serious but here it goes :
First, chop some wood and talk to Guide, he might use your help.
Then go into the mines, little to the left. You should be able to fight a monsters and find a cave that Guide had interest in.
Fill in the quest, and then go around. Far left, run around in mines. Mine. Find some NPC's and find what they're about.

For now it's not much of a content, but a lot of great looking places which you'll fall in love within minutes.

Edit : It's not much content in terms of quests, like 4 of them if I counted correctly. But you can make gear, look around and so stuff. I'd say solid 2-3hours of fun.

No idea if you're serious but here it goes :
First, chop some wood and talk to Guide, he might use your help.
Then go into the mines, little to the left. You should be able to fight a monsters and find a cave that Guide had interest in.
Fill in the quest, and then go around. Far left, run around in mines. Mine. Find some NPC's and find what they're about.

For now it's not much of a content, but a lot of great looking places which you'll fall in love within minutes.

Edit : It's not much content in terms of quests, like 4 of them if I counted correctly. But you can make gear, look around and so stuff. I'd say solid 2-3hours of fun.
Thanks for answering @WingedButtShark. You are right there are 4 complete quests and 1 that can be started, but not quite finished yet. @TrolllCZ you should think of this mod right now as a new adventure. Go exploring and talk to NPCs and look for quests!

March 26th 2016
We've got the next version of STW ready for you all to download! This long awaited update includes a new quest, several newly update areas by @Khaios, and of course some bug fixes! The newest quest added to STW is A Dryad's Distress. Some of you may recall this teaser we showed earlier in the week! You can start this quest by venturing off into the newly updated forest of Sivania. Beware though, this quest is all about combat so make sure you have yourself some gear to help!

Another big update in this release is the newly remastered Temple of Ra quest and Pyramid Dungeon. @Khaios has gone ALL out on making this dungeon fun and challenging!

We've of course made several little tweaks, updates, and bug fixes. Check out the change log below to see all of these changes.

You can view the complete changelog below:
Code:
********************** Version 1.8a *********************
    * ~NEW~ Finished Dryad's Distress quest!

* ~!!!~   QuestLog HeroMenu Updates:
              * Quests are now in alphabetical order.
              * Added A Dryad's Distress to the Quest Log.
              * Fixed some quest log text for Minecart Junction.
              * Renamed Temple of Ra "The Temple of Ra" in the Quest Log.
    * Added a few more NPC spawn areas to Sivania.

* Added logic to support large doors. Currently we have 1 large door: SandStone.

* Added Brazier tile support which includes Sandstone Brazier. The first brazier has been added to the game: Sandstone!

* Added Viking Shield Tile Set. We currently have four Viking Shield tile sets: Red, Blue/Yellow, Gray, and Green!

* Added "Always solid tiles" logic. Khaios actuates some tiles to make them look better, but in reality, we need them to be
      solid. I've added logic to take care of this.

* Added teleport logic for the pyramid entrance/exit.

* Added Sandstone Tables, Dark Wooden Stools, Melted Candles, and Sandstone Beds.

* Added solid tiles on the Viking Ship in Desert Outpost.

* Added more teleport locations.
      Desert Outpost: Drain system.
      Fossil Cave: Entrance and exit.

* Added two background rooms for the Desert Outpost and the Background rooms from Osono's Inn.

* Added the following enemies: Piranha, SandSlime, Vultures, and Scorpions.

* Added zone logic for players. Currently only being used to correct the background.

* Added and coded the traps in the Pyramid Dungeon.

* Added 6x4 wall signs. Made them work like signs.

* Added Sarcophagus. Added special logic for Sarcophagus to spawn a mummy.

* Added melted candles, sandstone tables, sandstone beds, and dark wood stools to Desert Outpost.

* Added test background for the desert outpost.

* Added the Bound Dryad NPC. Updated how she spawns.

* Added Corrupt Cultists. Corrupt cultists now spawn around the Bound Dryad.

* Added text about no clues for Tim yet.

* Added Viking Shields to boat.

* Added Braziers to pyramid

* Moved leaf tile closer to where Dryad stands during the ritual.

* All beds will work as spawn point now regardless if they are in a valid room.

* Change to NPCs (loot + xp), changes to Projectile Status

* Updated NPCs to spawn one at a time.

* Updated the Temple of Ra quest.

* Updated shortcut logic for Temple of Ra.

* Updated the spawn points of green and blue slimes.

* Updated the Viking's chat text in the Desert Outpost of Sivania

* Tweaked some traps in the pyramid.

* Fixed two small bugs with new NPC Spawning.

* Fixed a few typos in some lore.

* Fixed Arrow crafing.

* Fixed the spawn points of the NPCs in the desert outpost.

* Fixed a bug with Temple of Ra Quest that made your progress increase every time you grabbed a new bottle.

* Fixed some signs that were causing problems.

* Cactus does not grow in the sand dunes of Sivania (I think)...

This is a player notification list for when I make posts about a STW update that is being released or coming soon. If you want to be on this list just let me know!
@Temmie
@Jestex
@CursedMoose
@oSIVo
@Khaios
@HeroGabe

Last edited:
I'd perfer to be on the Player Notifaction List so that I know when an update is going to be released/coming soon.
I just like being up to date.

April 1st 2016
Another STW release has made it's way into your hands this weekend! Last week we released a huge content update for STW which included a new quest A Dryad's Distress and an updated Pyramid Dungeon for The Temple of Ra quest. This week we got a great amount of updates, tweaks and bug fixes for you. This includes some great updates to A Dryad's Distress, so there is no better time to hop in and try out the new quest; here is a little teaser of said update:
02b9Z0r.gif

@Jestex did a fantastic job with this enemy's animation - so make sure to give him some love!

You can view the complete changelog below:
Code:
********************** Version 1.8.1a *********************
    * Updates made to A Dryad's Distress quest:
        * Replaced 2nd Corrupt Archer Wave with Corrupt
          Mages!
        * Increased knockback resist on Corruptor.
        * Reduced Corruptors HP, Damage, and Defense.
        * Dying while facing the Corruptor will no longer
          advance the player to the next step in the quest.

* Updated what drops from smashing Pots: Heart, Stars
        Glowsticks, Torches, Wooden Arrows, Lesser Mana
        Potion, Lesser Healing Potion, and Coins.

* Updated Ore Respawn Logic:
       The timer for an ore node will reset everytime an
       ore is mined from that node. This makes ore
       respawning more consistent.

* The following "NPCs" no longer give XP when
      killed:
        Chaos Ball, Vile Spit, Freezing Sphere, and
        Burning Sphere.

* Added Viking Shields to the Viking boat in Odin's
      Fjord.

* Removed an Umbrella from a chest found in The
      Great Forest.

* Removed some areas in Sivania that a player could
      get stuck and have to mine themselves out.

* Fixed a bug that allowed players to throw multiple
      boomerangs.

* Fixed a bug that caused a null pointer exception to
      be thrown when a player Save & Exits from The Great
      Forest and then selects Adventure Mode.

* All Super Terraria World Pistols' player hold
      animation use the same as Terraria Hand Guns'.

* Crimtane Pistol is now a weapon instead of just an
      item.

* Wooden Fishing Pole is now craftable again.

This is a player notification list for when I make posts about a STW update that is being released or coming soon. If you want to be on this list just let me know!
@Temmie
@Jestex
@CursedMoose
@Khaios
@HeroGabe

Ähhmm ? After i start and was in love with the standalone i see that the mod items has no tooltip!!! someone know the problem ? i use GL

Last edited:
Super Terraria World was awesome, but it corrupted two of my best characters and i cannot play them. When i'm at the character selection i can see my character's name but his avatar is gone and he has only 100 health and 20 mana. I could use inventory edit to get them back, but the loss still hurts.

Ähhmm ? After i start and was in love with the standalone i see that the mod items has no tooltip!!! someone know the problem ? i use GL
Can you share a screenshot? I'd like to understand what issue you are seeing and if you are the only one with the problem or not.

Super Terraria World was awesome, but it corrupted two of my best characters and i cannot play them. When i'm at the character selection i can see my character's name but his avatar is gone and he has only 100 health and 20 mana. I could use inventory edit to get them back, but the loss still hurts.
I am sorry about your character loss. Did you try playing on Sandbox Mode with them? I'll try to make it more clear to backup your characters before playing in Sandbox Mode. Also, did you attempt to save/load your characters with steam cloud? I'm just trying to understand more about where the problem is on our end so more players don't come across this problem.

If you haven't seen it yet, check out a video play through of STW by @ChippyGaming:

I personally, on behalf of the Super Terraria World Team, would like to thank ChippyGaming for putting together this video of some STW Gameplay. It has been a big motivational boost for the whole team when we see our hard work being appreciated and played especially by someone big in the community. We had a very similar sentiment when Pedguin streamed for us our first release of STW for Terraria 1.3, and we've come a long way since then. I'm hoping that the community can help convince ChippyGaming to continue his Adventure through Sivania as there is a good few hours worth of content left. The team has several new updates planned that will probably take a couple months, but when we do we'll be reaching out to Pedguin for a stream event and I'm hoping you'll all be just as supportive then as well.

Thank you ChippyGaming, Pedguin, this community at the official forums, and the Terraria subreddit community, that have supported us on this journey. We've got a lot more planned for you. :)

Oh as a fun fact, ChippyGaming's video caused us to get five times as many downloads on release than what we normally get - we broke over 1000 downloads!

Can you share a screenshot? I'd like to understand what issue you are seeing and if you are the only one with the problem or not.

I am sorry about your character loss. Did you try playing on Sandbox Mode with them? I'll try to make it more clear to backup your characters before playing in Sandbox Mode. Also, did you attempt to save/load your characters with steam cloud? I'm just trying to understand more about where the problem is on our end so more players don't come across this problem.

I did play sandbox with both of them, but they vanished a few hours ago. I did nothing with the steam cloud.

ok,
20160406173517_1.jpg

and is it normal that you can't give the giude every item because YESTERDAY i can give him the a part from the lifeforce potion and now not (it's not the waterbottle) oh and here other exampls
20160406173512_1.jpg 20160406173651_1.jpg 20160406173512_1.jpg

Could you mac a Mac version? I'd love to play it but I don't have a PC.
I'd love to make a Mac version, but I don't have a Mac :\. Maybe one day we'll be able to make a Mac version, but right now it won't be happening. I am sorry.

I did play sandbox with both of them, but they vanished a few hours ago. I did nothing with the steam cloud.
Okay, good to know. I've made a note so that we can try to fix this bug. Thank you.

ok,View attachment 103508
and is it normal that you can't give the giude every item because YESTERDAY i can give him the a part from the lifeforce potion and now not (it's not the waterbottle) oh and here other examples
View attachment 103510 View attachment 103509 View attachment 103510
I'll check into not being able to give the Guide items, because you should be able to - thank you for informing me of this. Also the tooltips are not showing up for new items because all new item tooltips are only supported in English. Since you don't have English selected they will not be displayed. I suppose we should show the English version of the tooltip regardless of the language, but right now that is not how it works.

i have a issue where it crashes when i choose adventure mode and when i choose a character in adventure mode
This is a very common problem that most likely means you did not place your STW Worlds folder in the correct location.
In the zip file that you downloaded there is a folder named STW Worlds. This folder needs to be in the same folder as your Terraria Worlds folder. This is usually located here: C:\Users\[YOUR_USERNAME_HERE]\Documents\My Games\Terraria

So make sure the STW Worlds folder is in that directory. Let me know if you still need help.

Last edited:
I plan on playing the mod again :) just been taking a little break from Terraria before the new update. Might try it again this weekend!
That's super exciting to hear! Keep me updated if you do a live stream event this weekend as I wouldn't want to miss that! I'll probably send you a message tomorrow as well after I talk to the team to see if we want to do an early release of our newest Region: The Ferrousanguis Region which you could reveal for everyone if you stream. @Khaios has done an amazing job with this build and @Jestex has created a bunch of unique furniture just for the build. It would be an early release because not all of the content is ready, but you would be able to FINALLY complete that dang delivery quest! :p

Back
Top Bottom