Standalone Super Terraria World - MMORPG Style Mod - Server and Client Mod

Hey devs! Ermm first of all, I really like this mod, absolutely epic and beautiful! Well, my current version is 1.8.2a, so how do i update it to 1.8.3a?
@MeTralHa has told you the correct answer, the you have to download the mod again if you want to get the newest version. We will probably not have an auto updator for quite awhile as the mod is still in alpha. When we move out of alpha we might build one then and an installer/uninstaller.

I see, so will my player file be gone if i redownload the mod?
No, if you copy the STW Players folder that comes with the download to the current location of where the STW Players folder is that contains your current player the folders will just merge. Alternatively you can just not copy the STW Players directory since your already have it in place. :)

So... two things - I want to hopefully play this with my friend, so does it work well with multiplayer? And before I download it, is it worth it to download it this early in development? I know that most of it is not finished by watching Pedguin's stream, so I'd like an answer :)

So... two things - I want to hopefully play this with my friend, so does it work well with multiplayer? And before I download it, is it worth it to download it this early in development? I know that most of it is not finished by watching Pedguin's stream, so I'd like an answer :)
The mod currently doesn't support multiplayer, so you will have to play by yourself.

While the mod is still in development you will find that there is several hours of unique content that the mod has to offer. Therefore, we'd love for you to try it out and leave us some feedback of how it went!

U will not be able to play multiplayer, but i guarantee you will have fun playin this mod :D
Also, u can do like a run with ur friend to see who completes it first or something, it's always fun

To help reach out to more fans, you can now find STW on Twitter! Follow us to see unique spoilers and to keep up to date on all of the latest announcements!

We've already tweeted our first spoiler coming soon to STW!

i have a question, is it possible to get Adventure items on Sandbox? or is Sandbox 100% vanilla?

Like Miki's Boots for exemple

i have a question, is it possible to get Adventure items on Sandbox? or is Sandbox 100% vanilla?

Like Miki's Boots for exemple
Sandbox mode is 100% Vanilla at the moment, so there are no way to get Adventure Items in Sandbox.

- How can i use Miki's boots sprite/player model (or watever it's called on terraria) to replace Frostspark boots sprite? it is so much better :p (basically, wat's the item_xx for those boots, so i can replace it)
-In my opinion, u need to craft a lot of HP potions to craft other potions, i only got lvl3 alchemy since i dont use potions :cool: so i cant get the others
-is it possible to complete fishing quests? cause i never completed one, never got the fish. And you cant fish near the Angler for some reason (is it intentional?)
-when u get like lvl 20 at mining, cooper/tin should have a lower spawn rate, so we could get better ores a bit faster (they would keep spawnin tho (and if this is supposed to become a server just ignore wat i just said cause it makes more sense like this :confused:))

-will map / minimap be fixed next update btw?
-Baguette. why is it so expensive? LOL

If you could answer me this few questions, would be great :D (i'm an annoyin guy :p who uses a lot of emotes :pinky:)
i had another question but i forgot wat it was, i will ask it later -_-

Keep up the great work, waiting for new update :D

Edit: Nice spoils on Tweeteerrrr, i would follow but i dont use it

- How can i use Miki's boots sprite/player model (or watever it's called on terraria) to replace Frostspark boots sprite? it is so much better :p (basically, wat's the item_xx for those boots, so i can replace it)
-In my opinion, u need to craft a lot of HP potions to craft other potions, i only got lvl3 alchemy since i dont use potions :cool: so i cant get the others
-is it possible to complete fishing quests? cause i never completed one, never got the fish. And you cant fish near the Angler for some reason (is it intentional?)
-when u get like lvl 20 at mining, cooper/tin should have a lower spawn rate, so we could get better ores a bit faster (they would keep spawnin tho (and if this is supposed to become a server just ignore wat i just said cause it makes more sense like this :confused:))

-will map / minimap be fixed next update btw?
-Baguette. why is it so expensive? LOL

If you could answer me this few questions, would be great :D (i'm an annoyin guy :p who uses a lot of emotes :pinky:)
i had another question but i forgot wat it was, i will ask it later -_-

Keep up the great work, waiting for new update :D

Edit: Nice spoils on Tweeteerrrr, i would follow but i dont use it

For Miki's boots, the item sprite is STW_Item_241. For the actual player model sprite it is STW_Acc_Shoes_0.

We are still implementing content to make chemistry more useful so hopefully you'll get those levels up more easily!

Currently there are a few bugs with the fishing quests. They are not going to be the same thing as what is in Terrara. This should be in the next release. Also I believe there are some bugs now with the fishing areas in STW this is also being looked at for the next release.

The ore rates will probably not change, I suggest going deeper in the mines to find ore nodes that spawn iron-gold only. :)

We are looking into the minimap/map bug, not sure if it will be fixed in the next update though - I know it sucks though :(.

Baguette is so expensive because it's a funny item that has no real purpose since it sucks as a weapon. xD

Keep up the questions and comments! :)

For Miki's boots, the item sprite is STW_Item_241. For the actual player model sprite it is STW_Acc_Shoes_0.
Thank you very much :D

I suggest going deeper in the mines to find ore nodes that spawn iron-gold only
i realised that but had no armor (got level 20 at mining and had only tin armor) and worms were a bit annoyin since u dont have a lot of space to deal with

We are looking into the minimap/map bug, not sure if it will be fixed in the next update though - I know it sucks though
Atm, in my opinion, dat's the only thing dat actually needs to be patched. i hope u find a solution :p

Baguette is so expensive because it's a funny item that has no real purpose since it sucks as a weapon. xD
I bought it, i was like, it is expensive, i may get some buff or something if i hit an enemy with with. but nope, i got nothing :c stills fun to use tho

Thx for all those answer :D

Edit: Found a bug - near the entrance to a castle (on the mines, lower lane and the one before that, at the left) once u mine the gold (or watever it's there) it becomes dark for ever (the ore still spanw tho)

Edit2: Platinum Axe has 275% Axe Power (way more than the gold one)

Edit3: Are u supposed to get to the jungle on Viking map??

Edit4: Few things i would change
-Incresead mana (in the temple of ra, i was using gold staff, couldnt kill both mumies without changing to another weapon) but maybe it's intended to be like that, idk
-i think u should buff pistols a bit, Gold Pistol + Gold Bullets doesn't make dat much damage (just my opinion) & i didnt tried Bmerangs or Bows cause i dont like it (i may try the new Bow mechanics on next update tho)
-Gold wand and Plat Wand are different. Is it intentional? since most things are the same for both variants

+I cant craft Regen Potions (wanted to lvl up my character)

I just completed the map (last time didn't played till the end :c) and i pretty much enjoyed. it took me a while to complete the Frozen Mirror quest tho. & i got a few items i wasn't supposed to i guess, like a few cobwebs, jungle rose and pumpkins (i destroyed a tree and got pumpkins too, was a bit weird). Also, chargeable Cloud in a Bottle, wat a great idea :p

Can't w8 for next update <3

Last edited:
I bought it, i was like, it is expensive, i may get some buff or something if i hit an enemy with with. but nope, i got nothing :c stills fun to use tho
Yeah maybe we can come up with a funny buff that goes with the item, but not anytime soon sadly due to other features being implemented.

Thx for all those answer :D
You're very welcome!

Edit: Found a bug - near the entrance to a castle (on the mines, lower lane and the one before that, at the left) once u mine the gold (or watever it's there) it becomes dark for ever (the ore still spanw tho)
Can you take a screenshot?

Edit2: Platinum Axe has 275% Axe Power (way more than the gold one)
I'll look into this!

Edit3: Are u supposed to get to the jungle on Viking map??
Nope! That will be fixed in a future release. We are working on revamping Odin's Fjord.

Edit4: Few things i would change
-Incresead mana (in the temple of ra, i was using gold staff, couldnt kill both mumies without changing to another weapon) but maybe it's intended to be like that, idk
We'll keep an eye on the mana usage, mana total, and mana regen. Can I ask what your Magic lvl was when you did this?

-i think u should buff pistols a bit, Gold Pistol + Gold Bullets doesn't make dat much damage (just my opinion) & i didnt tried Bmerangs or Bows cause i dont like it (i may try the new Bow mechanics on next update tho)
I think we're pretty happy with the current damage for the pistols considering how fast you can fire them, but we'll keep on eye on t. ;)

-Gold wand and Plat Wand are different. Is it intentional? since most things are the same for both variants
Definitely not intentional! Thanks!

+I cant craft Regen Potions (wanted to lvl up my character)
That's not good! I'll look into that, but first a couple questions. You unlocked the lesser regen potion right? And you had the right ingredients: BottledWater, Daybloom, and CookedFish

I just completed the map (last time didn't played till the end :c) and i pretty much enjoyed. it took me a while to complete the Frozen Mirror quest tho. & i got a few items i wasn't supposed to i guess, like a few cobwebs, jungle rose and pumpkins (i destroyed a tree and got pumpkins too, was a bit weird). Also, chargeable Cloud in a Bottle, wat a great idea :p
Glad you enjoyed it! We'll be making cobwebs unobtainable in a future release. Also the pumpkin thing is very interesting, do you remember which tree you chopped down? Glad you liked the chargeable CiaB mechanics. :)

Can't w8 for next update <3
Glad to hear! ^__^

Can you take a screenshot?
Here's the bottom lane, near the portal to the corruption castle
Here's the lane on top of that one, left side

And actually, they dont spawn, only if you leave the map and rejoin. The ores on 2nd print, they do become lead or iron. On the 1st one, it's black, even before mining the gold
BTW, if u want a SS with minimap i can use Steam instead of Camera mode XD

We'll keep an eye on the mana usage, mana total, and mana regen. Can I ask what your Magic lvl was when you did this?
I was like lvl 19, became 20 farming there ;) but also used a pistol cause i only had like 30 or 35 mana (not sure) and after a few shots with gold staff, i had no mana left and changed to my pistol to kill them.

That's not good! I'll look into that, but first a couple questions. You unlocked the lesser regen potion right? And you had the right ingredients: BottledWater, Daybloom, and CookedFish
Cooked fish? the recipe says 1 bottle of water, 1 daybloom and 1 hp potion :\ i will try cooking a fish then and i will edit this comment later.

Also the pumpkin thing is very interesting, do you remember which tree you chopped down?
Atm, i have no idea, everything i remember is that the pumpkin was touching the tree or 1 block away from it, i will mine all the trees again (LOL) and will print the map with me there, so u cant see where it is (if it happens again)

Edit: Are there any Cooking Pots? cant find one to cook my fish :c
and if i try to get the potion from the other recipe, it says "This item cannot be crafted" something like dat.

I cant replicate the pumpkins bug. although, sometimes, when you chop a tree, instead of gettin 1 new tree, you get 2, i guess it was the second one that actually broke the pumpkin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom