Game Mechanics Super Tiny but good idea for the Gravity Globe

GIRGHGH

Empress of Light
Everybody knows how gravitation causes the player to have their whole screen flip right? My thinking is that if you "hide" the Globe, it will no longer have the flip screen effect, just the character flip. Not a big Idea, but it would make the item more like super wings than an infinite potion.

This idea would only work if they made it so that you can change gravity mid-air. If they did that too, then this idea would be awesome. Support.

Doesn't it switch at the top of the world?
Is does but people want it to function exactly like the Gravitation Potion where you don't need to collide with anything to switch gravity. They over look the fact it's suppose to be a completely novel in function, you know; limited for fun's sake with adventure maps.

I'd much, much, much prefer if there were a toggle option to apply this to all gravity effects because it's irritating to me, but that's just my opinion.

Anyway, the fact the Gravity Globe has greater limitations is what gives it reason, what makes it a novel item compared to potions. People seem to be having a lot of trouble grasping my point so here's an example:

You make an adventure map that's challenging. New characters are given a Globe in order to complete it. There are spikes and more importantly fall damage they can't avoid. In this lies the difficulty that is easier to control as a map designer. You want more power? Find, just please stop trying to remove the "for fun" novelties others enjoy.

Is does but people want it to function exactly like the Gravitation Potion where you don't need to collide with anything to switch gravity. They over look the fact it's suppose to be a completely novel in function, you know; limited for fun's sake with adventure maps.

I'd much, much, much prefer if there were a toggle option to apply this to all gravity effects because it's irritating to me, but that's just my opinion.

Anyway, the fact the Gravity Globe has greater limitations is what gives it reason, what makes it a novel item compared to potions. People seem to be having a lot of trouble grasping my point so here's an example:

You make an adventure map that's challenging. New characters are given a Globe in order to complete it. There are spikes and more importantly fall damage they can't avoid. In this lies the difficulty that is easier to control as a map designer. You want more power? Find, just please stop trying to remove the "for fun" novelties others enjoy.
So basically it's nothing more than another adventure map mechanic?

So basically it's nothing more than another adventure map mechanic?
If you want to make it sound minimal and almost negative, then yes. It's up to players how the use the existing mechanics. If a player wants to use wings/mounts/etc.-- that's their choice. Others are free to start new play-throughs with the Globe and try to test themselves.

Back
Top Bottom