Votes: 2 100.0%
  • NO.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'unno, I guess...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DialgaTheTimeLord

Steampunker
At some point something made me think of an idea for a new class of player I call the Support Class. Essentially, this class is meant to tank damage even more than Melee, attract enemy attention, and provide small buffs to nearby players on the same team. The disadvantage is that offenses are slightly reduced rather than increased. The purpose of this armor is to survive and let friends do most of the work, similar to Summoner, though you'll often be on the front lines instead, and is mainly meant for multiplayer. This player's presence also boosts the effectiveness of used potions, slightly boosting effects and time length. The main purpose is to take attention away from Summoner, Ranged, and Magic players as an alternate option to Melee, meant to be less risky at the cost of offense.

For the final tier armor, I would suggest Void Armor, crafted using a total of 36 Luminite bars and 11 of each Fragment. Stats might be around 122 defense, -10% total damage, -8% movement speed, each piece increasing enemy target chance, and a set bonus of a 20% chance to reflect attacks, redirecting projectiles or knocking direct contact/Melee attackers away.

If anyone has any other ideas, or would like to contribute sprites or ideas for items specific to this class, feel free to post these. I want to hear some ideas for singleplayer value, even though it's meant for multiplayer, such as whether or not it has it already, and if not how to add it. I feel like tanking damage just isn't enough if you're playing alone, but I could be wrong.

That would actually be cool. Something like bait armor and the weapons for this class should be a shield of some kind. Short range bash, something like a shortsword stab that would do some knockback on the enemy, going to the point where later in the game that the shields have a chance to ignore knockback immunity and inflict debuffs while also still being able to block attacks.

That would actually be cool. Something like bait armor and the weapons for this class should be a shield of some kind. Short range bash, something like a shortsword stab that would do some knockback on the enemy, going to the point where later in the game that the shields have a chance to ignore knockback immunity and inflict debuffs while also still being able to block attacks.

Oooohhh, I like that idea. Stats would have to exclude shield attack damage though so it they don't get weakened. Pre-existing shields become able to be used in the hotbar as weapons, like Shield of Cthulhu and Ankh Shield.

Back
Top Bottom