Blocks & Decoration Support for texturepacks

Should Re-Logic add support for textures?

• Maby- I'm not on either side

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, Terraria is fine as it is.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SuperLucas335

Terrarian
if,any of you have played Minecraft, you will be familiar to the huge varieties of textures available for download. I would love to see support for texturepacks (don't get me wrong, the deafault textures are great!). I have had a look on the web and found only a handful of small texturepacks. Big-name packs, such as Sphax pure BDcraft, which already has support for two games, could easily make HD textures for Terraria. There are other reasons, too. Slow, old computers could make use of a simpler, more pixelised environment to draw. Others, with powerful graphics cards, could easily draw a High,-Definition environment, with (possibly) 128 pixels per block (remember, there are around 16 pixels per block). I have dreams where Terraria looks like this, after viewing Loki's post on the Terraria calendar (in 2D, but you get the picture.Take a look at the Terra blade, and the spikes on the turtle armour. All of this could be possible with texturepacks)

So, are you with me? Please participate in the poll and leave a comment.

When I mean support for textures, I mean having Terraria create a folder called 'textures' (or something like that)
There would also be a setting in options to change the textures selected

Integrating something like TCCL as official game-driven content would definitely be useful. Not likely to happen, though.

Back
Top Bottom