Surface Autofarm: Invasion + Event Farming (Key Mold and Pirate Map farming too)

I'll check the map I offered as a download to make sure no background walls are missing - perhaps some were dislodged. If the entire bottom area is walled in then the wraiths can't get to you. The map I'm running right now works fine, and I even let the surface grinder go for an extended period of time in the past few days to get another one of my newly-built farms to spawn a large quantity of crystal shards. I'll look into it!

Happens to me too. I get wraiths and possessed armors in the mine track. I currently have it switched to the snow biome on the Ultimate 5.0 map.

Happens to me too. I get wraiths and possessed armors in the mine track. I currently have it switched to the snow biome on the Ultimate 5.0 map.

Interesting - you're getting Possessed Armors too. Possessed Armors cannot sink to where the player is, so there must a breach somewhere - probably a background tile is missing allowing for the occasional spawn down there. The latest map 5.0 is the one I tested on quite a bit and saw no spawns down there, so perhaps I just got lucky when I didn't get any spawns at track level? I'll need to look into this some more!

Interesting - you're getting Possessed Armors too. Possessed Armors cannot sink to where the player is, so there must a breach somewhere - probably a background tile is missing allowing for the occasional spawn down there. The latest map 5.0 is the one I tested on quite a bit and saw no spawns down there, so perhaps I just got lucky when I didn't get any spawns at track level? I'll need to look into this some more!

Now I just summon a sharknado with the tempest staff after I start the farm, and that keeps em off me. Just have to cancel it before I switch the farm off, or it kills the bird before it hits the pressure plates, lol.

Now I just summon a sharknado with the tempest staff after I start the farm, and that keeps em off me. Just have to cancel it before I switch the farm off, or it kills the bird before it hits the pressure plates, lol.

OK farm is now fixed! I figured out what the problem was - I didn't have a background wall at the very top when the snow surface was actuated in place. This would result in spawns occurring below the spawn surface. The reason I didn't detect this earlier is because I always kept farming with the desert surface, not the snow surface.

I will make world v5.1 available shortly. This new world has a hidden secret that will be the subject of an upcoming video :).

OK farm is now fixed! I figured out what the problem was - I didn't have a background wall at the very top when the snow surface was actuated in place. This would result in spawns occurring below the spawn surface. The reason I didn't detect this earlier is because I always kept farming with the desert surface, not the snow surface.

I will make world v5.1 available shortly. This new world has a hidden secret that will be the subject of an upcoming video :).

Thanks man! Looking forward to it!

Was also missing a wall tile near the blue wire on the left side where the switch track was. Maybe it was my version but figured I'd mention it anyways. Also, how do you deal with Lunar Eclipse? Mothron can go through tiles so he just sinks to track level and annihilates you. Was also some little orb things that were floating down to track level but were easier to contend with since they died really fast. Mothron not so much.

Back
Top Bottom