Biomes & Nature Surface Level Grass

Necrovore

Terrarian
As the release of the Labor of Love update approaches and in the spirit of it being the last update I thought it time to go back to the begining. Technically a repost, though you would be hard pressed to find it as it was a suggestion made on the previous forum years ago.

TL;DR: Lower the grass spread depth by one block.

Terraria_2022-08-01_16-24-59.png

With any major building project it is best to start from level ground, a good foundation is critical. But if I were to build here on this nice level surface while I hide away the fasion disaster that is my character I would be left with no grass to mow or nice wild flowers to appear (assuming I removed the back wall.)

A minor nitpick I know but I always thought it would be nice to have grass naturally underfoot when the depth meter says I am on level ground.

Staff of Regrowth and seeds are certainly an option, but that grass wont spread. It would require going along the entire length and placing grass instead of seeding a few points and have it naturally fill in over time as you are building other parts. Building a single block higher would let everything spread, but then you are stuck with seeing that 2ft above the surface on the depth meter.

As I said, a minor issue, just a small QoL tweak that only really affects builders that use coordinates in their building planning.

Staff of Regrowth and seeds are certainly an option, but that grass wont spread. It would require going along the entire length and placing grass instead of seeding a few points and have it naturally fill in over time as you are building other parts. Building a single block higher would let everything spread, but then you are stuck with seeing that 2ft above the surface on the depth meter.

As I said, a minor issue, just a small QoL tweak that only really affects builders that use coordinates in their building planning.
🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom