tModLoader Survivaria - A survival mode mod

Welcome to a new thread for my new Survivaria mod that I've been working on for a while now, this mod aims to add common survival-like mechanics to the game while also staying true to vanilla content and trying to make the new mechanics be coherent and satisfying.

The mod is currently unreleased as we are still working on some of the mechanics and adding in new items, if anyone wants to help with spriting for the mod then be sure to tell us on the discord.

Discord link : Join the Survivaria Mod Discord Server!

Features

hungergif.gif
Hunger - One of the 2 main resources in the mod, decreases slowly over time and gives increasing negative effects as it gets lower. The better food you eat the more hunger it will restore and the better bonuses you recieve.

thirstgif.gif
Thirst - The other main resource in the mod, also decreases slowly overtime and faster in hot environments, also gives more negative effects as it gets lower. Drinking more revitalizing drinks keeps you refreshed for longer and gives better effects.

sanitygif.gif
Sanity - COMING SOON One of the 2 secondary resources in the mod, decreases in hostile environments or when in stressful situations and increases when in soothing areas and when you're near max hunger and thirst. You might start seeing things that aren't there and hearing odd noises when your sanity gets too low...

temperature.PNG
Temperature - COMING SOON The other secondary resource in the mod, decreases in cold environments and increases in hot ones, some places such as hell or space require extra protection to be able to survive in due to extreme temperatures. Having an extreme temperature for too long could lead to detrimental effects, reduced vision and increased hunger and thirst drain rates.

Date.png
DragonFruit.png
CactusJuice.png
New items - Tons of new foods and drinks are planned and being added, some giving unique effects and bonuses.

A few of the indicators in game.
indicators.png

One of the new foods, displaying its food size as Nibble.
unknown.png

Upcoming

Cross mod content - Cross mod foods and drinks with some of the largest mods, such as some pearl soup from the aquatic depths in thorium, or depth root from the abyss in calamity.

Diseases - Very harmful effects gained from being at low thirst or hunger, or in extreme temperatures.

Configuration

You will be able to disable each mechanic individually and adjust any extra parameters for each mechanic, you will also be able to adjust minor things like the indicators themselves or the unit of temperature used in temperature.

Credits

NuovaPrime - Lead programmer
Mak0-Z - Programmer
Blockaroz - Spriter
Amber - Spriter
Theredstonebro - Spriter
Geminous - Spriter
Orian34 - Ideas and balance
Sapharan - Ideas

Last edited:
I'm not sure if you're open to suggestions, but how about fatigue? If your character doesn't sleep for too long, your character starts to get tired, they move slower, jump lower, attacks do less damage and enemies do more damage, and your character can literally sleep anywhere, but a bed or tent is more preferred. You don't even need to add any new texture sprites for your character, they can use the default standing frame, but flipped horizontally on their back with their eyes closed to indicate sleeping. Not only that but when you sleep, time moves much faster, so if you want to face off against bosses that only spawn at night, you can sleep through the day until night time comes and that would take only a few minutes. Just a suggestion, but regardless I look forward to this, this mod looks very interesting.

I'm not sure if you're open to suggestions, but how about fatigue? If your character doesn't sleep for too long, your character starts to get tired, they move slower, jump lower, attacks do less damage and enemies do more damage, and your character can literally sleep anywhere, but a bed or tent is more preferred. You don't even need to add any new texture sprites for your character, they can use the default standing frame, but flipped horizontally on their back with their eyes closed to indicate sleeping. Not only that but when you sleep, time moves much faster, so if you want to face off against bosses that only spawn at night, you can sleep through the day until night time comes and that would take only a few minutes. Just a suggestion, but regardless I look forward to this, this mod looks very interesting.
That's not a bad idea, but would probably fit more with overhaul as that already has a sleeping system.

That's not a bad idea, but would probably fit more with overhaul as that already has a sleeping system.
Overhaul has too many problems though /: from mod incompatibilities and texture clashing. Truth be told I got the fatigue/sleeping system from the game It Lurks Below and I always thought Terraria having something like that would be cool.

In any case however, I still look forward to this mod. It shows some great promise and can surely bring a breath of fresh air to Terraria. Cheers mate! :)

unknown.png

Sorry for a lack of anything as of recently, I've been working on DBT for the last 2 months instead of this, but we're back!

soup.png
unknown-1.png

Here's a few more spoilers, we're getting close to a beta release that'll include thirst, hunger and a load of new foods and drinks. We're just adding in a few more larger foods, some neat accessories and a few more plants, then we'll be good to go.

The mod is now out on the mod browser, go grab it and play! There's a few issues still floating around such as small visual issues with growing plants, but it should all be playable.

V0.3.2.0 is out on the browser, which fixes a load of bugs and adds some new content. Now's the best time to play it properly.

I'm particularly interested in that sanity stat, hallucinations in games are always interesting. (Probably because I've had seizures before and I generally know what it feels like to see and hear things that aren't there as a result... Yeah, I guess I'm slightly insane.)

Back
Top Bottom