Weapons & Equip Swarm Totem and Giant Totem (Summoner Accessories)

Even with the changes and additions for Summoners that came with 1.4, I still think that the class remains a bit shortchanged when it comes to the plethora of class-specific accessories available to the other three classes. The two accessories I'm suggesting here don't really provide boosts so much as they provide flexibility for different summoner playstyles and situations.

Swarm Totemcrafted using 25 Jungle Spores and a Forbidden Fragment
  • Reduces summon slot occupancy by 25%
  • Reduces summon damage by 25%
  • Affects both minions and sentries
Giant Totemcrafted using 50 Bones and a Frost Core
  • Boosts summon slot occupancy by 33%
  • Boosts summon damage by 33%
  • Affects both minions and sentries
The Swarm Totem would allow players to have more minions and sentries (4 summons at the cost of 3) in exchange for a drop in individual summon damage (75%). This exchange would be useful against large numbers of weak enemies but not so good against individual tanky enemies and bosses. The Giant Totem would grant players a boost to individual summon damage (133%) in exchange for fewer minions and sentries (3 summons at the cost of 4). This exchange would be useful against individual tanky enemies and bosses but not so good against large numbers of weak enemies.

Both the Swarm Totem and the Giant Totem would be able to be crafted with the Avenger Emblem to combine their effects. The Swarm Emblem would only have a 10% reduction to summon damage, while the Giant Emblem's damage boost would increase to 48%. Naturally, all numbers are here to deliver the concept and intention, not necessarily to be set in stone. Also, I'm not sure how these accessories would affect minions such as the Desert Tiger and Stardust Dragon, as they are very special cases.

Lemme know what y'all think.

I love the idea that these also adjust the size of the minions, The numbers seem like they would actually work out pretty well since you get 8 or 9 summons normally, so giant ends up with 6 and swarm ends up with 10

you've got my support, its always refreshing to see a summon accessory that isnt just +X number of minions
Yeah, that was part of my idea development. Basically all summon accessories are just damage and slot boosts, while the other classes get things like ammo/mana efficiency, melee speed, etc.

Just equip Giant Totem all the time. It's basically 33% more armor piercing for you.
Fair point, which is why the numbers are just placeholders. Might be worth reducing it to something like 25% more damage and slot occupancy (4 summons per 5 slots) or even lower. Even then, though, having fewer minions still means less chances for piercing attacks to interfere with one another, which still means significantly more damage.

Fair point, which is why the numbers are just placeholders. Might be worth reducing it to something like 25% more damage and slot occupancy (4 summons per 5 slots) or even lower. Even then, though, having fewer minions still means less chances for piercing attacks to interfere with one another, which still means significantly more damage.
No, it literally does not matter what numbers you put in. If calculated DPS is exactly the same, more minions only increases attack rate (which means a reduction in damage per hit and more iFrames because DPS is the same). Conversely, less minions means your damage goes up, which means your armor piercing goes up.

You can literally make the swarm totem reduce slot occupancy by 99% and reduce summon damage by 99% and it won't change the fact that it's utter garbage.

(unless, of course, it's additive and not multiplicative...but very few summon minions benefit from there being more than 3)

Back
Top Bottom