Resolved [Switch] 2-player local?

hey u really shouldn't be so upset when the developers say they're working on then there working on it doesnt mean that u should get what u want immediately its kinda acting entitled to what you want u should be patient because he said it wasn't up to code therefore there trying to make it functional for everyone i got it the day it came out to but just let them do it because the do have a lot on there plate with the upcoming e3 ad journeys end update
To be honest they miss sold it to us, it was sold stating 2 player split screen, it’s actually our rights as a purchaser to get what we paid for and not acting entitled.
I love terraria and always will, but the whole reason I bought it was to play split screen with my son on his switch

Oh ok, thank you. I bought it during black friday the physical edition and then I found out I can't play it local :eek:

My boys and I have beaten terraria on several consoles, pc, Mobile, we absolutely love it! Even if it gets old, two-three months later we are back. Today we will be replaying on the Wii U. Luckily we know all the different versions so we did our research before buying the switch version. For those of you frustrated and stuck single player for now, Nintendo switch has some incredible couch co-op games. Nothing of course is on the same level of terraria, however, Marvel black order is super fun, as is Diablo co-op. Hang in there terraria developers, we love you and respect you! In 30 years of gaming, terraria is an anomaly and worth waiting 10 years in a monastery for updates. -cheers!

My boys and I have beaten terraria on several consoles, pc, Mobile, we absolutely love it! Even if it gets old, two-three months later we are back. Today we will be replaying on the Wii U. Luckily we know all the different versions so we did our research before buying the switch version. For those of you frustrated and stuck single player for now, Nintendo switch has some incredible couch co-op games. Nothing of course is on the same level of terraria, however, Marvel black order is super fun, as is Diablo co-op. Hang in there terraria developers, we love you and respect you! In 30 years of gaming, terraria is an anomaly and worth waiting 10 years in a monastery for updates. -cheers!

They've forfeit my love and respect.

I got this for christmas...6 months after its released and wanted to play with brother just now but seriously? No split screen? It shouldn't take that long to add it in especially with all the events there doing, just add in split screen or stop false advertising. Get your head in the game

I’m a long long time terraria fan and it’s genuinely one of my favorite games of all time... needless to say I was disappointed to find that I couldn’t play split screen with my girlfriend after I bought it on the switch today... I didn’t think I needed to do research to see if it was a feature since I played multiplayer with a friend several years ago on Xbox. I’m not a game developer but I just don’t understand why this is an issue. Please at least give us an update on the progress so we have something to look forward to...

I’m a long long time terraria fan and it’s genuinely one of my favorite games of all time... needless to say I was disappointed to find that I couldn’t play split screen with my girlfriend after I bought it on the switch today... I didn’t think I needed to do research to see if it was a feature since I played multiplayer with a friend several years ago on Xbox. I’m not a game developer but I just don’t understand why this is an issue. Please at least give us an update on the progress so we have something to look forward to...

I Agree

I've been here razzing them on these forums for almost 6 months now.

The reasons I've been given for why it's not in the game are...

1. "We didn't expect it to take so long.
2. "The switch hardware is weak/limited"
3. "Development/programming is hard"

You should check "The State of the Game" topics going back 6 months for yourselves. Each month they give a news update for the game and it's various iterations.

I've been here razzing them on these forums for almost 6 months now.

The reasons I've been given for why it's not in the game are...

1. "We didn't expect it to take so long.
2. "The switch hardware is weak/limited"
3. "Development/programming is hard"

You should check "The State of the Game" topics going back 6 months for yourselves. Each month they give a news update for the game and it's various iterations.

Too me its all Bs from what iv seen...

You all need to calm the neck down! I assume no one here knows coding and I don't know much myself but I know it's hard and you guys are acting like it's easy so just back up and let them take their time

You all need to calm the neck down! I assume no one here knows coding and I don't know much myself but I know it's hard and you guys are acting like it's easy so just back up and let them take their time
I mean, every single other console has split-screen for terraria...

I mean, every single other console has split-screen for terraria...
And I can say that no other console is like the switch but that doesn't prove either of our points.
Anyways from everything I have been hearing the switch version kinda launched in a bad state of overall stability but at least the devs are doing something about it and snuffing as many bug and stability issues as they can in a patch. As it seems the devs are trying there damnedest to make terraria as stable and bug free as possible before they add split-screen unlike other console versions
Thank you for your input and have a nice day

And I can say that no other console is like the switch but that doesn't prove either of our points.
Anyways from everything I have been hearing the switch version kinda launched in a bad state of overall stability but at least the devs are doing something about it and snuffing as many bug and stability issues as they can in a patch. As it seems the devs are trying there damnedest to make terraria as stable and bug free as possible before they add split-screen unlike other console versions
Thank you for your input and have a nice day

I agree that the switch port was released in a poor state. I also agree that it's great the dev is planning on doing something about it.

Edit: it would've been even better if it just spent more time in the oven. Do it right the first time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom